"Though I am free and belong to no one, I have made myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God’s law but am under Christ’s law), so as to win those not having the law. To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some."
1 Corinthians 9:19-22
I always just assumed that HE had me writing HIS DAILY TEACHINGS as a way of me telling my story of what HE has done for me. To inspire, to motivate others to give their lives to JESUS by just reading my writings. What I am learning though is so much more. I am learning that in every situation that I have endured through hardships, tests, trials, and deep sufferings, that my healing isn't just for my benefit, rather to help JESUS reach the last, the least, and the forgotten in letting the brokenhearted, the wrecked, and the battle weary know that HE SEES them.
Honestly, I thought HE would only have me write about my encounters with THE ONE TRUE LIVING GOD, not that I would actually be a part of the rescue. This became especially true when my son died, and my mind was blown and I thought, "well this is it kid, forever until you die, you're going to cry, grieve, and mourn, and that's it for you." I didn't SEE any other way, I hated the plan, and I was so devastated that this was my life now and forever more.
This morning, as I began to consume my portion of HIS DAILY BREAD, I couldn't help but smile, as I began to SEE my life once again in between the scriptures. I smiled and thanked HIM once again for surprising me in a new and tangible way, as I began to soak in HIS TRUTH even more of the purpose of my life.
I am honored to say that in every situation that I have endured, HE has let me know HE will not waste an ounce of it. HE is taking me back through all the things I've gone through, showed me that in the way that HE taught me, is how I am able to SEE others through HIS eyes. It's how I am able to write and share of HIS GOODNESS here in the land of the living.
More than ever, I am SEEING the world as HE does. More than every I am discerning WHO is in NEED of prayer, kindness, compassion, and tenderness. Mostly I am SEEING WHO NEEDS to experience HIS UNFAILING LOVE. I am SEEING how HE has instilled in me a common ground to help win souls for JESUS CHRIST. I am truly living out HIS HOLY PROMISES for my life in every situation that I am encountering in my every day.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight"
Proverbs 3:5-6
I am truly experiencing what it means to have Monday Morning Faith. To be in constant and continual prayer for all the saints. For all the lost souls that are in NEED of a DIVINE ENCOUNTER. I am truly living a life that I have prayed for all these years that I have been following JESUS. More than ever, I am really starting to grasp the full commitment I have made to TRUST IN THE LORD WITH ALL MY HEART. I have learned and will continue to learn what it means to NOT lean on my own understanding. I am learning that HE has revealed to me the common ground on which I stand here in my life, doing my part in the body of CHRIST JESUS to help build HIS KINGDOM here on earth as it is in Heaven.
Knowing this, I know that as much as I am answering HIS call for my life, my humanness, my selfish ambitions still get in the way. As sometimes, even though I have common ground, I get frustrated and I forget how I NEEDED JESUS to show me, and I NEEDED JESUS to heal me, and I NEEDED JESUS to set me FREE, and how I NEEDED JESUS to RESCUE me from the mess I made, in the horrible choices I made in choosing my FREE WILL over HIS WILL for my life. More than ever, I am remembering how many times I've made a mess in choosing to hold onto grudges, to be angry, react in anger, and frustration. I'm remembering falling so very short of HIS GLORY, and I truly remember all the times where I have shut down, shut out even JESUS in my life because well, hadn't I suffered enough? Didn't I do enough? "Oh LORD JESUS help me to get my eyes off of me, as I've done NOTHING without you. "
"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ"
2 Corinthians 10:5
I know that it is imperative that I take every thought captive as how quickly my eyes will turn to me, instead of HIM, and I will allow myself to wallow in my own self-pity. I will self-destruct in my pride, and my selfish ambition. Knowing this, I am grieved, I hurt knowing I choose this in my humanness. Therefore, I take EVERY thought captive when I find myself spiraling and I SEEK HIM, cry out to HIM, to JESUS to please HELP ME, as I am a sinner in NEED of a SAVIOR and JESUS is my SAVIOR.
I am learning it is imperative that I continue to pour myself into a deeply personal relationship with JESUS so that I will become more like HIM. To be willing to just sit in the quiet of our HOLY PLACE, and just listen, and wait for HIM to speak to my heart. Tio allow myself to be encompassed in HIS HOLY PRESENCE and let HIS PEACEFUL PRESENCE wash over me. This I know full well will be a part of a DIVINE ENCOUNTER that will require common ground between myself and whomever HE has sent my way.
This is especially true in the capacity in the ministry of which I serve. In the way I am no longer a consumer of the congregation at the church I am a part of. Rather I go to WORSHIP HIM, and to pray intercessory prayers on behalf of the souls who are struggling to worship in their suffering, As I remember all the times where I struggled to sing of HIS GOODNESS, where I questioned whether or not HE truly was for me. When my tears poured like rain, and I came undone in front of my brothers and sisters in CHRIST, and in their desperate attempts to fix me, to help me, prayed pacifying prayers that only drove me further into the pit of despair. Encounters of "trying" to find common ground that led me to isolate even further. This I know, I've experienced, I've lived, and because of that I know HE has created in me a desire to have common ground with the brokenhearted, the lost, the last, the least, the forgotten, the betrayed, the angry, the shutdown, the isolated, the lonely, the grieving, the ONE WHO HE will leave the 99 for, for them to have a DIVINE ENCOUNTER with JESUS, to BE SEEN, HEARD, KNOWN, and to experience HIS DEEP LOVE that is just.for.them.
Precious Dear Ones:
HE SEES you, this I know to BE TRUE. I know HIS PROMISES are indeed HOLY, and that HE is STEADFASTLY FAITHFUL to remain with you no matter what. HE loves you and wants to help you. HE wants to set you free from ALL that burdens you, hurts you, and keeps you in the pit of despair, full of sadness, sorrow, and pain. HE wants to free you from the anxiety and depression that has taken over your life. HE is sending HIS LIVING VESSELS, HIS kids to help HIM reach you to win your soul, to reconcile you back to YOUR HEAVELY FATHER, YOUR ABBA, YOUR CREATOR. HE has a plan, will you trust HIM, will you let HIM rescue you? Maybe, just maybe the person whom you have common ground with NEEDS you, or maybe just maybe you NEED them. In ALL ways, you both NEED JESUS.
ALL FOR HIS GLORY
With so much love, compassion, tenderness, kindness, and common ground,
Your Sister in CHRIST JESUS,
~Heather
No comments:
Post a Comment