Monday, July 27, 2026

Idols

I never really considered myself to have idols in my life, well that is until this past year and HE began the heart work of FREEING me from the sin of gluttony which for me was a large consumption addiction.  This included food, and all stuff, so much that I was so stuffed from food, beverages, binging on tv, music, and everything but all things HOLY.  This revelation broke my brain, as I always marked myself safe from being starstruck by celebrity's or any other famous or well-known person.  I thought I was safe because I wasn't obsessed, well in my personal opinion anyways.

Then HE began to open my eyes to SEE the sin of gluttony, and well once I began to SEE... ALL of the idols were made known in my life.  Currently I am going through the heart work of tearing down the idol of unwholesome talk. Ephesians 4:29 This has been very challenging for me, as whenever I become irritated, upset, or I find myself in social situations where there is cursing and unwholesome talk, it's like I lose my brain.  When driving in traffic, or even worse when I'm a passenger and I begin to use unwholesome talk with the person who is driving. Whenever gossip is happening, I don't recognize it the way I should, and I always find myself participating until HE convicts me, and I have to apologize4 to HIM, and repent, and begin again.

Unwholesome talk has been an idol in my life since I was very young.  That while I may not have cursed in the beginning, I'm learning unwholesome talk is any and all talk that's not HOLY, HONORING, or PLEASING to HIM, Romans 12:1 In the most recent conviction, the HIS HOLY SPIRIT challenged me in saying, "Heather if you don't pray with curse words, or unwholesome talk, then why do you speak in curse words and unwholesome talk?"  YIKES!!! 

My hearts cry today is LORD JESUS, if it doesn't exalt you, then I don't want to want it.  This after a night out with my oldest at a Hilary Duff concert.  The concert itself was so good, and we had a great time.  It was all the idol worship that my spiritual eyes were opened to before, during, and after the concert.  Even more than that, HE let me know that if I am ever given a space, a place in time to witness to a crowd of people, HE wants me to do it ALL for HIS GLORY, NOT my accolades.  Wow!!  It truly brings new meaning to "gain the whole world but lose your soul.", Matthew 16:26 

Never have I truly understood what JESUS meant when HE said that, until HE opened my eyes to SEE what the world SEES as a "good person," as someone who is inspiring, who is living a great life.  That what good is it to have so many follower's, fans etc., if all of it's for self-exaltation, promotes pride, and is all about me.me.me.  What good is it to be a role model if it's not for HOLINESS, as whether people want to admit it or not, ONE DAY, EVERY knee shall bow, and EVERY tongue shall confess that JESUS CHRIST IS LORD, Isaish 45:23, Romans 14:11, Philippians 2:10-11.  At the end of this life we will ALL be held accountable and have to answer for what did we do with the life HE gave you? Romans 14:12, Matthew 12:36, Ecclesiastes 12:14, Hebrews 4:13, 1 Peter 4:5, 2 Corinthians 5:10, Matthew 16:27, Revelation 20:12, Romans 14:10, Luke 12:2

For me, I know HE isn't going to be interested in how often I went to church, or lukewarmly shared HIS goodness, no I'm going to be judged on whether or not I chose to speak with boldness just as Paul said in Ephesians 6.  I am going to be judged on whether or not I lived with HOPE, TRUSTING JESUS even if...even when.... even though.   I'm going to be judged by what I did with the time I was given.  For me, I know this is the VERY reason why HE has revealed the idols in my life.  To set me FREE, to tear down the idols in my life.  To lead me through a revival, which I've experienced in my life more than once.  At the end of the day, I can't proclaim to BE HIS DISCIPLE, Luke 9:23, Mark 8:34 consume my portion of HIS DAILY BREAD, if HIS word isn't getting in me, renewing my mind and completely transforming my heart. Romans 12:2   If I'm not a reflection of HIS GOODNESS, and I'm not living, loving, or looking anything remotely like JESUS.  

This past year has been a HUGE TRANSFORMATIVE year in my walk with JESUS.  HIS DAILY TEACHINGS has taken on a whole new purpose in my life.  It's solidified my TRUST in HIM that HE truly is IN THE DETAILS of my life.  That HE truly does know the plans HE has for my life, Jeremiah 29:11.  In HIS BLESSED ASSURANCE HE is bringing me back to remember ALL of what HE has brought me through.  Not in condemnation, but in conviction, in TRUE CONFIDENCE that HE knows why I say what I do, and how easily I say it.  HE is reminding me that I was able to just cut out cursing and unwholesome talk on my own, then wouldn't need HIM, Romans 8:1  HE is wanting me to surrender the guilt and the shame that I have for this very idol in my life HE wants me to let HIM in, let HIS goodness in, let HIS light shine on why, and what I need to do, HE is loving me 100% already, and won't love me anymore or any less if I never let go of this idol in my life., But for me I'm truly learning, and beginning to understand what it means to "live is to CHRIST, to die is gain." Philippians 1:21

Dying unto myself, to my flesh, and its desires has been the best possible thing that could have ever happened to me since the day I was saved by HIS amazing grace.  To truly LOVE the LORD with ALL my heart, soul, mind and strength, Matthew 22:37, Mark 12:30, Luke 10:27, Deuteronomy 6:5, means to surrender., fully, with full humility, letting go of my fleshly, selfish ways.  Truly I want and NEED JESUS more than anything else in my life.  More than air, more than food, more than people, more than anything I could possibly think of, or dream of.  TRULY I want to live, love, and look like JESUS, for every soul I encounter to SEE JESUS in me.  I don't want to look, love, or live as the world does.   I want to LIVE FREE and FULLY ALIVE, willing to tear down the idols so that I am able to edify HIS DAILY TEACHINGS, HIS DAILY BREAD, in how HE so lovingly met with me to teach, lead, and guide me how to do just that,

Precious Dear Ones, 

HE knows, HE knows the idols in your life, even if you don't.  HE isn't mad at you, HE cares for you, HE loves you and wants to FREE you from the idols in your life, HE wants you to SEE HIM as your LIVING HOPE, the source of your comfort, joy, peace, relief, food, HE wants to CONSUME your thoughts about what you consume and why.  HE wants to be your EVERYTHING.  HE is waiting for you to open the door to your heart.  HE loves you 100% and won't love you anymore or any less if you decide not to let HIM in.  Dear Ones, HE has amazing plans for your life.  HE is making a way and doing a new thing!  Will you TRUST HIM?  Will you let JESUS in to teach, lead, and guide you to tear down the idols in your life?

ALL FOR HIS GLORY

Your Sister in CHRIST JESUS,

~Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment