Saturday, March 17, 2018

holy ground....

"Then the LORD said to him, "take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy ground." Acts 7:33

On February 24, 2018 I attended the second day of my church's women's conference.  The speaker came on stage and I immediately noticed that she was barefoot.  At first I thought she must have been wearing heels and her feet were hurting, but as she quickly acknowledge and addressed the reason as to why she was barefoot... nothing could have prepared my heart for the journey that I would embark upon with HIM starting in that very moment.

For the past almost month now I've been consumed by the JESUS encounter that has forever changed the narrative of my life.  A new season of life, ready and willing to FIGHT to take back my life.  I've listened to worship music non-stop, and have meditated on HIS words day and night.  HIS words have been my food, and have quenched my insatiable thirst to know HIM, and for HIM to peel back more of the layers of all that is hidden deep within me. 

This morning as I poured out my praises to HIM for all HE is doing currently in my life, I felt HIM lead me to open my bible, HIS LIVING WORD, and when I began to read, I was quickly captivated by what HIS word would be teaching me, and how it would continue in this current theme that HE has been working on me, in me, and through me.  I was overcome with emotions of pure elation and JOY as I am realizing, and experiencing just how much HE loves me. 

HIS loving reminder today to me is understanding the power of the message that is alive in me, and when I am brave enough, courageous enough to push through, press through the fear and allow HIS message to flow from my heart, where ever my feet are standing, that is holy ground.  HE is taking me back to that Saturday when my sister in CHRIST JESUS stood on the very stage where I once stood to tell the story of my sons life, she stood, sharing HIS message of HOPE, which for me what the KEY to unlocking the prison of lies which had been keeping me from TRULY experiencing, and living TRUE FREEDOM from despair.  

Even though I "thought" I understood what HE has been trying to teach me, pouring into me HIS word daily, I still didn't get it, and because of HIS relentless pursuit for me to know HIM, and fully experience WHO HE is, and WHOSE I am, HE is leading me back through what I've learned by impressing, planting deeply, and firmly in my heart HIS TRUTH, HIS WORD that I must remember as I begin to take the next steps in my life of being led to the stage to share HIS message of HOPE.  

This morning HE has led me back to all HIS loving reminders for me to know HIM, to SEE all that HE is doing in my life.  HE has taken me back to something my pastor shared, a song of worship, that has challenged me to really seek HIM to SEE WHO I am, because HE is wanting me to know that in order to take on, press through this next phase of my journey with HIM, I must understand WHO HE says I am.  

"Who am I that the highest King
Would welcome me
I was lost but He brought me in
Oh His love for me" Who YOU say I am" Hillsong Worship

Listening to the lyrics of this song has left me feeling overcome with so many emotions.  Deeply thinking, searching, seeking what it means for the HIGHEST KING to welcome me.  Questions began to flood my mind, would I welcome just anyone to my home?  Would I judge them?  Would I put stipulations on them being welcome?  Would I expect anything in return?  Is the invite conditional?  Do I really care about people?  Do I really just want to appear, like, "do good for daddy" approval seeking, people pleasing, what will others think, invitation out of fear, pressure to perform.... who am I?  Do I have a welcoming spirit? Do I truly love people.... do I really grasp how HE loves every single person my eyes see?  Do I realize that HE SEES beyond the defiance, and SEES HIS child's hurting heart?

"Who the Son sets free
Oh is free indeed
I’m a child of God
Yes I am"

Do I realize what HE has done for me?  Do I fully grasp what that means for me?  Do I realize that I am a child of GOD?  Do I realize that the guy who just cut me off in traffic is HIS child too?  Do I stop to think about the people who are against me, hurt me, who refuse to apologize to me WHOSE they are?  Do I put conditions on others being children of GOD?  Do I put my human limitations on HIM?  Do I speak freedom in CHRIST JESUS, or do I continue to take back the bondage's the lies that the enemy is using to trip me up?  Do I SEE other's with HIS vision?  Do I even SEEK HIM, to know, to SEE what HE is doing?  Do I ask to be apart of it, or is something only worthy when there is something in it for me?

"Free at last
He has ransomed me
His grace runs deep
While I was a slave to sin
Jesus died for me
Yes He died for me" 

Do I fully grasp that HE has ransomed me?  Do I realize the ultimate gift I have received in the price that HE has paid for my ransom?  Do I realize that I am not the only one?  Do I compare my worthiness to others?  Do I question whether my ransom was worth it?  Do I realize that I am no longer a slave to sin?  Do I realize that the same power that rose JESUS from the dead is alive in me, therefore breaks ALL chains, and strongholds of sin in me, through the power and Resurrection of JESUS CHRIST?  Do I remember that HE died for me, so I don't have to suffer in this life, to never fully live according to HIS will for my life?  Do I really stop and think about that HE is my SAVIOR?  Do I still think I am on this journey all by myself?

"Who the Son sets free
Oh is free indeed
I’m a child of God
Yes I am
In my Father’s house
There’s a place for me
I’m a child of God
Yes I am"

Do I realize that there is a place for me in HIS FATHER'S house?  Do I realize that is my eternal home?  Do I go through each day remembering that my address here on earth is only temporary?  Do I live my life for people to SEE to know that my real home, my eternal home is in HEAVEN?  Do I even realize what "there's a place for me means?"  Do I understand that NOT by my own merit of anything I say or do is the reason WHY there's a place for me?  Do I share this message with others, or am I focused solely on the surviving part of life that I don't share is message of TRUE FREEDOM?  Do I share WHO HE IS, HIS unconditional love that has saved me, ransomed me, redeemed me, and is rebuilding me, renewing me, and refining me?  Do I really believe that?  Do I really portray that in which the way I choose to live?  Do I really model HIS TRUE CONFIDENCE in all ways of my life?  If not..... why not?

"I am chosen
Not forsaken
I am who You say I am
You are for me
Not against me
I am who You say I am"

Chosen, never forsaken, I am HIS, I am HIS CHILD, I am CHOSEN, HE is for me, NEVER against me.  I am WHO HE says I am.  This is what HE is wanting me to understand as the power that in HIS message on which I am to share with, to tell the world WHO HE is, what HE has done.  I am starting to grasp the power of HIS message that is alive in me, that I am being called to share.  HIS message that has set me apart from this world, to speak, to know, to experience WHO HE is, and WHOSE I am.  HE is letting me know that it is imperative that I fully grasp that, as when HE leads me to the masses to share, to open my heart for HIS HOLY SPIRIT to take over, to SHINE HIS light, to speak LIFE not death to the last, the least and the lost, that they will be broken, lost, and feeling hopeless.  HE is letting me know that HE is building me strong to SPEAK HIS TRUTH to the weary and broken hearted.  HE is wanting me to remember, to keep me close to the recovery, the healing, the process of what it has taken to bring me this far.  HE is telling me that in order to remain close to the process, I must SEEK HIM daily and allow HIM to teach, lead, and guide me through each and every single step I am taking.

Now more than ever I am beginning to understand HIS TRUE PURPOSE for my life.  I am able to look back on all that I have been through, and smile, full of gratitude that even though I wouldn't have chosen what has happened, I am grateful that HIS love could SEE farther than I ever could, and in HIS timing HE has led me back to my feet, stronger, more aware, my feet planted firmly on HOLY GROUND, and my heart so incredibly full of HEAVEN.

"Like it's the air I'm breathing
I want Your presence
Feet on the Earth
Heart full of Heaven" Zeal by The Belonging Co.

My Dear Brothers and Sisters in CHRIST JESUS, it is my fervent prayer that in sharing my heart, is not to make you feel bad about who you think you are, rather to encourage you to SEEK HIM who is full of grace without condemnation.  Friends I pray that you too will be your journey with HIM, to reveal to you, for you to SEE to know WHOSE you are.  I pray that today is the first step you will take with HIM leading you to speak from your heart on holy ground.

always, with so much love, compassion, and understanding, (as humanly possible)

Your Sister in CHRIST JESUS,

~ Heather 


No comments:

Post a Comment