Friday, March 23, 2018

in the valley......

My selfish human nature tells me on a daily basis that life shouldn't be this hard.  I shouldn't have to try so hard just to be merely surviving each day that I am given.  I shouldn't have to cry, to hurt, to struggle, just to live.  I shouldn't have to put much effort into what it is that I truly want in my life, and that for me is happiness.  My selfish human nature is so full of lies of this world that keep me bound up, tied up, and keep me from truly living the way HE has created me to live.

This morning HE has taken me deep into HIS word in Psalm 23 and shown me WHO HE is, what this means for my life.  HE has revealed to me that it is in the valley that HE is able to do HE greatest work within me.  HE is leading me to HIS truth of why so much valley living is a part of my life, and what it is that I rarely get to stand on the mountains, and how I usually only SEE glimpses of mountain views.  Today HE has met me in my weariness of my life's circumstances, and has given me the much needed respite I've needed to catch my breath, replenish my soul, so that I may continue to press on, press through and allow HIM to grow me through what it is that I am going through.

Yesterday my thirteen year old daughter and I met with the creative arts director at our church as she is being baptized on Easter.  It was exactly one month ago today that I prayed for HIM to show up in each of my children's lives, to capture their hearts, and overwhelm them with an amazing JESUS encounter.  Two short days later HE would do just that with my daughter B.  

This past month hearing her share whats on her heart, what her encounter was like with HIM, and what led her to choosing to follow HIM for all the days of her life.  To be a apart of her story is humbling, overwhelming, and leaves me with pure elation and JOY.  She like me has begun to keep a written record of her daily walks with HIM in her own personal blog.  I am honored to be her mentor, and even more to be her Mama.

So while we were at church, our pastor stopped by to talk with us, and shared what April's messages will be about, and that is "why do we spend more time living in the valley's then we do on the mountains?"  I left yesterday asking that question over and over again, and the first clue I got to HIS answer was in a gift that B purchased for me after we left church.

We were in Target dollar spot and I came across a rock that says, "Grow through what you go through."  At first glance I thought it was truly inspiring but honestly had no idea that HE would use that pretty rock to speak VOLUMES to my heart this morning.

Just looking back on this post, I realize that I have already begun to realize the concept before HE even brought me to the revelation of what this means for me when I find myself living in the valley.  Even after filling pages in my journal about what HE has been telling me, I'm just starting to realize what is is that HE is wanting me to understand about valley living.  

HE is telling me that it is in the valley that HE does HIS greatest work in me and through me.  It is in the valley that HE refines, renews, restores, transforms, and rebuilds all of WHO I am , because it is in the valley that I truly begin to SEE and to experience WHOSE I am.  HE is wanting me to know that when I find myself enduring valley living it is because HE has brought me there for HIS purpose, and each time I find myself there, all I have to do is SEEK HIM and HE will meet me right where I am.  HE is telling me that each time I choose to SEEK HIM and HIS will and HIS ways for my life that is when HIS light SHINES on me, in me, and through me for other's to SEE.  

HE is wanting me to understand that if I was always living with mountain views or actually living on the mountain would only cause me to forget WHO HE is, and what HE has done in my life.  I know this because the further I get away from living in sorrow, the more I forget the process that it took for HIM to grow me from living in sorrow, to living with moments of sorrow.  Daily I am finding myself praying that I NEVER forget the process, all the renewing, refining, restoring, transforming, and rebuilding that it took to bring me this far.

I am learning that in order to truly be honoring in my grief, and helping other's learn to cope with theirs, I must truly understand that it is only by allowing myself to continue to be lead through the valley of grief.  So often I become so weary, and angry that I am weary by the grief that I live with, however the more I seek HIM and HIS word, the more HE fills me with HIS BLESSED ASSURANCE that this is all for HIS purpose, and shows me just how much HE loves me that HE has created purpose in my pain.  That losing my son isn't the end of my life.  

I am overwhelmed by HIS word this morning that teaches me that HE is my Shepherd, WHO teaches, leads, and guides me.  WHO allows me to rest, for the much needed respite from my grief.  WHO teaches and shows me daily WHO HE is in my life.  WHO is leading me, and teaching me to LIVE fiercely with FEARLESS FAITH because HE has already walked through my life before me, and has paved the way in which I am to walk.  Even through fear, sorrow, sadness, and loss HE is there, leading and showing me the way.  HE is proving to me time and again that HE is indeed the GOD of ALL comfort, WHO comforts me, so that I will be of comfort for someone else.  I know this because I have lived this, experienced this, and it is the ONLY reason that I am still living today.

Today I am finding myself so incredibly thankful and grateful for my experiences of living in the valley.  As it has modeled and shown my children that they too can survive valley living with HIM as ANYTHING and ALL things are possible with HIM, not because of anything we can do, but BECAUSE HE IS.  Today I am overwhelmed by HIS relentless pursuit of my heart for me to fully grasp WHO HE is in my life, what that means for me, and for HIS promises to be fully experienced by me that HE is WHO HE says HE is, and HE DOES what HE says HE WILL do!!!  I am so undeservedly thankful that HE has written such a beautiful story for me to live out one that is all about TRIUMPH over tragedy that leaves a legacy of Faith teaching my children, and future children that when your whole world washes out to sea, HE is the ROCK that won't move, HE is CHRIST ALONE CORNERSTONE and when you cling to HIM, HE WILL hold you close, HE will catch every single one of your tears, and when you are ready HE will bind up your wounds, and teach you how to LIVE again.  HE is our CHAMPION HE IS ALIVE in each of us, and when we choose to TRUST HIM with our lives, HE WILL turn our mourning into dancing.  I am so incredibly thankful to be living a life that SHINES HIS light in the valley that LIVES out HIS promises through mountain views that PROVE HIS HOPE that leads to Eternal Life.

"The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.

    He makes me lie down in green pastures,

he leads me beside quiet waters,
     he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
    for his name’s sake.
 Even though I walk
    through the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil,
    for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
    they comfort me.
 You prepare a table before me
    in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
    my cup overflows.
 Surely your goodness and love will follow me
    all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord
    forever." Psalm 23
That legacy my friends, I pray that for each of you, 

Always with so much love, compassion, and understanding,

Your Sister in CHRIST JESUS,

~ Heather 

No comments:

Post a Comment