Monday, March 30, 2015

oblivious

"Up from the grave HE arose; with a mighty triumph o'er HIS foes; HE arose a victor from the dark domain, and HE lives forever, with HIS saints to reign.  HE arose! HE arose!  Hallelujah! CHRIST arose!"  Robert Lowry "Up From the Grave HE Arose"

I woke up this morning singing this hymn.   I remember singing as a little girl in church with my grams.  Looking back on my childhood, and remember what Easter week was like as a little girl, I can remember hearing that same story over and over, and yet NEVER did I once realize what that meant for me.  It was as if though we replayed the same year over and over with the same play the same songs, the same message, all of which didn't really capture my attention....... well that is until now, as HE is taking me back to those songs, that play, and the message that was spoken, and what that means for me, what that means for my life, as wife, mama, daughter, sister, aunt, friend, and HIS follower.  

HE is taking me back to where the story would always begin at church, and is walking me through what happened.  Starting on Palm Sunday, a day of which had no real meaning for me, other than it was given that we would all be given a palm to hold in church, which for me was just another distraction.  It was until yesterday in church that our Pastor spoke about what happened on Palm Sunday set the stage for the BIGGEST EVENT in CHRISTIANITY, where GOD would LOVE the world so much that HE would sacrifice HIS one and ONLY begotten SON.  NOT only that but how JESUS wept because HE knew what was going to happen, and the world was continuing on oblivious to what was going to happen next.  

"When he came near the place where the road goes down the Mount of Olives,the whole crowd of disciples began joyfully to praise God in loud voices for all the miracles they had seen: “Blessed is the king who comes in the name of the Lord! “Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!” Luke 19:37-38

Hearing this as a little girl, I always saw it as a celebration, as that what was told to me. However, yesterday HE began to teach me what HIS word really means,and today HE is telling me it's time that I share with this world what HIS word means for me, as HE takes me on the journey from living oblivious, to living in HIS TRUTH!!!

In reading HIS word I can SEE that the crowd of HIS disciples are all PRAISING HIM, saying HE is the BLESSED KING WHO has come in the name of the LORD.  They are acknowledging WHO HE is, and WHOSE HE is, WHO sent HIM.  In HIS word it is written that ALL PRAISED HIM, and said, "Peace in heaven and glory in the highest."  

Thinking back to HIS word being spoken to me as a little girl, it was ALL about celebration.  I would wave my palm around like everyone else around me.  I would sit silently still next to my gram, holding her hand, feeling her soft skin, and feeling immense comfort.  She often would glance down at me smiling, and when she would smile I knew that all was right with the world................ and there I remained oblivious as to what was going to transpire next.

HIS Daily Teachings today started yesterday as HE began to set the stage with HIS word about the BIGGEST EVENT that was going to lead up to the reason WHY I am able to sing the HYMN I woke up to singing.  HE is wanting me to know that it is imperative that I NOT only know, but understand what HIS word means for me.   

" Some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to Jesus, “Teacher, rebuke your disciples!”  “I tell you,” he replied, “if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out.” Luke 19:39-40

I remember earlier when my journey with HIM began after I repented, and asked HIM to come into my heart, and into my life, that we were given stones as a reminder to "live louder than the stones."  HE is reminding me that I am HIS Disciple, and that means that I am no longer oblivious as to what that means for my life.  HE is telling me to soak in HIS word, write it on my heart, and LIVE it so that even when silence surrounds me, I will be LOUDER than the stones, as they too are living, as HE created them.  

HE is telling me that HE didn't rescue me just so I would have an easy life.  HE is wanting me to know that HE rescued me because HE knew that I would speak HIS words and that I wouldn't shrink back, as my life has been written on purpose by HIM that NOT only would I survive, but that I would conquer absolutely every single storm that the enemy whips up to try and take me out with.

Through HIS FAITHFULNESS to me, I am NO longer living oblivious to the fact that twenty four weeks ago the most malicious attack by the enemy was staged.  It was on the very day that I surrendered all, and was ALL in no matter what that the challenge was accepted, and that was the day that my heart would shatter as my whole world and life as I knew it was forever changed.  

I remember in the first part of this horrendous journey of living without Seth thinking "how is anything going be good ever again?  How on earth will I ever be able to smile again?  How LORD, how, I just don't SEE it. "  HE is taking me back to those first few months into my thought process, and is letting me know that HIS timing is truly perfect, as I wouldn't have been able to SEE what HIS word really means for me then, but because HIS timing is truly perfect, HE has built me STRONG, and has lead me out of the pit of despair that kept me oblivious as to WHO HE is , WHAT HE has done, and WHAT HE will continue to do.  

" As he approached Jerusalem and saw the city, he wept over it  and said, “If you, even you, had only known on this day what would bring you peace—but now it is hidden from your eyes. The days will come upon you when your enemies will build an embankment against you and encircle you and hem you in on every side. They will dash you to the ground, you and the children within your walls. They will not leave one stone on another, because you did not recognize the time of God’s coming to you.” Luke 19:41-44

In all the times that I have read HIS word, I have remained oblivious to the fact that JESUS wept.  That is until yesterday when my Pastor's teaching was specifically about how JESUS wept.  HE is wanting me to know that in the past five months I have wept, I have sobbed, and I have come completely undone.  HE is wanting me to know that HE has been there with me, and knows of my pain.  HE is telling me that HIS timing has been perfect for me, as looking back to when the fog was lifted, and then when the sorrow was lightened was because that was when it was time for me to be set free from LIVING oblivious to what HIS sacrifice really means for me.  

HE is telling me that NOW is the time where I am to speak HIS words, boldly and courageously as I know that I have been CHOSEN as HIS ambassador to BE HIS living vessel as HIS messenger of HOPE, to shout HIS word, scream HIS word, to ALL the masses of WHO HE is, and that FEAR NOT FOR HE HAS OVERCOME THE WORLD.

HE is wanting me to LIVE out HIS truth, of HIS words as it is written of what really happened on that Palm Sunday.  HE is telling me that HIS timing is truly perfect, as HE knew when my heart would be ready to speak HIS words again, and that all of my fear of being left alone would be washed away, as I know HE is with me, as NOT only do I know now that HE died for me, I know that HE wept for me.  

"He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end." Ecclesiastes 3:11

In thinking about HIM weeping for me, there is comfort there.  I know that because of what I have been through in losing my precious little son, I know that I have more compassion for those that are hurting.  I have always considered myself a compassionate person, but that is only because of visible hurting that is displayed to me.  To be honest until Palm Sunday service yesterday I was truly oblivious to just how broken, and fallen this world is that is so FULL of the last, the least, and the lost.  

In choosing to LIVE in HIS light, so many things are becoming clearer to me, and ONE is my purpose, and even though I may NOT feel as if though I am able to LIVE out my FAITH as HE knows I can, I can TRUST that HE has already written my life so beautifully and specifically for me, so that I would be able to be HIS light.  

HE knew that I would lose my precious little one year old son Seth.  HE knew that my heart would be shattered.  HE knew that I would cry with the deepest anguish from the depth of my soul, in complete and total agony.  HE knew that I would fall flat on my back, cast down, begging for relief, from the most horrendous pain I had ever felt in my entire life.  HE knew that just as HE helped me overcome the horrific things that happened to  me when I was younger, HE would do the same for me in helping me overcome the massive loss of my sweet little boy.  

HE is telling me that NOT only did HE know all of that, but HE also knows what is to come for me, meaning what lie ahead in my future for me.  In thinking about that, I know that the only reason that I am NOT still living oblivious to WHO HE is my life, is because HE first WEPT for me, and then HE DIED for me.  After dying for me, HE overcame DEATH, HE DEFEATED DEATH!!! HE did this for me, so that I would be able to LIVE in HIS KINGDOM now here on Earth, and then for all of eternity with HIM and HIS FATHER in HEAVEN.  HE knew...... HE knew my days of living oblivious would be over, HE knew the TRUTH, HIS TRUTH would be revealed to me, so that I would know that the same POWER that is in HIM to OVERCOME the grave, DEFEAT DEATH now lives in me.  

Through HIS power and HIS authority, I am able to speak against the LIES of the enemy.  I can't go into much detail yet, but I will say this double blessings are surely happening for myself and my family.  However, in knowing that we are being doubly blessed, I can tell you that there has been a part of me that has been holding back..... afraid..... fearful of loss, of hurting, of any type of pain what-so-ever.  

Yesterday HE knew that I was fearful, mean I was so FULL of fear, and HE sent one of my soul-sisters to boldly speak HIS words to me.  She said, "fear, you know where that comes from right?  It's NOT from GOD...... it's NOT yours, so don't even pick it up!"

On the long drive home yesterday I prayed about what that meant for my life, and it was then that HE spoke straight to my heart....... 

because I have overcome the grave, defeated death, because I love you, you Heather will no longer live OBLIVIOUS as my power and authority live within you.  You will know that means that you don't have to pick up fear, you can be rest assured that through my Blessed Assurance that I have you, your story has already been written, and you are blessed enough to be living it!  You  don't have to pick up the fear that is being placed before you, it's not yours, I am yours, MY TRUTH is yours, MY LIGHT is yours, MY TRUE FREEDOM is yours, never forget that, because I have wept for you, I have died for you, and I have OVERCOME for you, and just as I have OVERCOME, with ME, through ME, you too my precious daughter will OVERCOME.

My Dear Brothers and Sisters in CHRIST JESUS, I pray that you will know that just as HE wept for me, HE wept for you too.  I pray that you will come to know HIS amazing love and grace that HE wants to pour over you, and into your life to bring you closer to HIM so that NOT only will you LIVE in HIS presence, but that you will be able to experience HIS perfect love.  I pray that you will know that no matter how rough the storms may be in your life, HE is FAITHFUL, HE is TRUSTWORTHY, and with HIM and through HIM you too will be able to OVERCOME the storms in your life.  I pray that you will seek HIM repent of your sins, and allow HIM to teach, lead, and guide you so that you too will taken out of oblivious living in the darkness, and be brought into HIS light  where TRUTH LIVES.

Always with love and prayers, because of HIS grace, that I am full of HIS compassion and understanding,

Your Sister in CHRIST JESUS,

~Heather 



No comments:

Post a Comment