Tuesday, August 19, 2014

confessions of a "scarecrow"

"How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?" Dorothy  "Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking" Scarecrow - "The Wizard of Oz"

In case we have just met, Hi, I'm Heather, and I have a confession to make..... lately, I have been doing an awful lot of talking without my brain.  What I mean to say is, well honestly I have chosen to speak freely to whatever I "feel" like saying, no matter if it's GOD honoring or not.   *Sigh*  Beings that the blog is titled HIS Daily Teachings, you can imagine what HE has to say about that..... so pull up a chair, take a seat, and allow me to share my foolish ways of talking without a brain..... this is me, my story, confessions of a "scarecrow...."

HIS Daily Teachings today is pulling back the blinders that have been placed on my eyes, and revealing to me just how much I have allowed myself to be a "scarecrow" in my daily walk.  This is hard for me to hear, as I know I've fallen short, but honestly I didn't know it was this bad, until HE started really speaking to my heart this morning.

I should have known that when I wrote out my confession this morning of speaking without really thinking, that HE would have a great teaching in mind.  I am floored that it came through one of the least liked movies by me, and one of which my Dad likes to quote all of the time.   

HE is wanting me to know that I must seek HIM and allow HIM to teach me how to protect my mind from the enemies control.  HE is telling me that I must choose to seek HIM, and allow HIM to show me HIS ways.  HE is letting me know that I must confess all of the time for HIS will to be done, and NOT mine.  HE is telling me that if I truly want to live HIS will for my life, then I must allow HIM to reveal the distractions from this world that are placed directly in my path to entice me to stray from HIS plan, and HIS purpose for my life.

HE is telling me that in becoming and remaining a "scarecrow," I am playing on the devil's playground, and I am falling, further and further, and getting even more hurt as each minute passes.  HE is wanting me to know that this isn't HIS plan for my life, therefore I must confess that I have been a "scarecrow," and I must seek HIM, to teach, lead, and guide me through every single moment of my life.

"Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents;  they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy.  Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them." Romans 1:28-32

Upon reading HIS word this morning, the realization hit me that the above scripture is HIM painting the painful picture of what my life would be like without HIM, and the trap that the enemy has set for me to fall into if I continue to speak like a "scarecrow."

 "The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace." Romans 8:6

HE is letting me know that when I choose to "think" like a "scarecrow," that is when I choose to speak words of death.  HE is wanting me to know that it has NEVER been apart of HIS plan or HIS purpose for my life to speak words of death, rather to be filled with HIS peace, as I choose to read, soak in, and meditate on HIS word, and really think about what I am going to say, before I even open my mouth. Today I am beginning to really understand that my life as of late has truly been in need of knowing, understanding that I must choose to let go of my "scarecrow" state of mind.

" Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will" Romans 12:2

HE is telling me that while the world is telling me that it is okay for me to be like a "scarecrow," and say whatever is on my mind, I must choose to speak HIS words, words of FAITH, so that I will then be speaking words of LIFE and NOT death.  HE is telling me that this means that I must truly think about what I am going to say, before I just open my BIG mouth and foolishly blurt out whatever is on my mind.  Once again HE is teaching me that I when I choose to model a "scarecrow" for my children, they too will follow my foolish ways.  Then NOT only will I be struggling to change my ways, I will also struggle to help them to change theirs.

It pains me to realize that my children's bad habits, and attitudes are modeled directly by me.  Knowing this, brings tears to my eyes, as it has never been my intention for my children to suffer with strongholds, and bondages just as I have for all of these years.  Without even realizing it, I have set them up to be trapped just as I have been, and that is why I need to share my failures by confessing that I have been a "scarecrow" for far too long.

Today HE is filling me with HIS hope, that there is truly HOPE for me, that I will be able to overcome this stronghold that is "trying" to take over my life.  I am thankful that when I began to read today's Power Thought, the first thing I read was:  "Say What You Say on Purpose" Joyce Meyer "Power Thoughts Devotional."

"The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit." Proverbs 18:21

This morning through my confessions of a "scarecrow" HE is telling me that I must choose to confess ONLY HIS word.  This means that I must choose to think about HIS word, speak HIS word, and live out HIS word.  HE is telling me that GONE are the days where I say whatever I "feel" like saying.  HE is wanting me to know that in order to be CHRIST like, I must choose to only think about what HE wants me to think about, and I will only be able to do that when I let go of my foolish ways of thinking, speaking, and acting like a "scarecrow."

"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." Philippians 4:8

HE is telling me that I must choose to always confess HIS word above all else!  HE is wanting me to know that until I do, I won't be able to speak words of life, rather I will be falling into Satan's trap to spread his vicious lies in this world.  HE is reminding me once again that HE came to this Earth to bring us LIFE and NOT death.  HE is wanting me to always remember that HE died for me, my sins, so that I may have life.  HE is telling me that because of this, it is the reason the only reason why I must choose to think, speak, and act upon only what HE is calling me to.

"This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live" Deuteronomy 30:19

In seeking LIFE through HIM this morning, HE is filling me with HIS word, and showing me what will happen when I choose to let go of my "scarecrow" state of mind.  HE is reminding me the utmost importance of seeking HIM, and allow HIS plan, and HIS will be the only way that I will ever be able to truly live my life.  HE is reminding me once again that this has been HIS plan, and HIS purpose all along so that I will be able to live a life full of HIS promises, HOPE, LOVE, FAVOR, and BLESSINGS. 

 I am overwhelmed by HIS amazing GRACE this morning, which has captured my heart once again, because HE loves me too much to allow me to keep falling further and further away from HIS teachings and HIS word.

This morning HE is revealing to me that my struggle is NOT only in what I think, speak and act upon, but also it attacks me through my choices of the food I eat, the shows I watch, and the books I read.  HE is telling me that I must choose to guard my every thought, my every action, and my every word so that I will then be able to live a life of HONOR and INTEGRITY.

It's all coming full-circle for me of HIS Daily Teachings about what it means for me to live my life as being truly known for being HIS disciple, HIS follower, a woman of FAITH who isn't willing to RISK HIM in her life.  HE is letting me know that I am following HIS plan for my life, when I let go of doing things my "way" and seeking HIM, and allowing HIS will to be done in my life.  For this very reason, I will continue to run after HIM, and seek HIM for there to be so much more of HIM in me and so much less of me.

"There is a time to talk and a time to keep silent"  Joyce Meyer "Power Thoughts Devotional August 19th"

This morning HE is letting me know that I am like the "scarecrow" in the Wizard of Oz when I choose to talk about things that I haven't even really thought about.   HE is telling me that this is WHY it is imperative that I learn to speak with HIS purpose by choosing to think about what I am going to say, before I open my BIG mouth, and allow myself to be lead by my "scarecrow" brain.

"If we truly believe our words are filled with life or death, why wouldn't we choose what we say more carefully?"  Joyce Meyer "Power Thoughts Devotional August 19th"

"Power Thought:  I choose my words carefully; I choose words filled with life."  Joyce Meyer "Power Thoughts Devotional August 19th"

Today through my confessions of a "scarecrow," I am seeking HIM, and HIS will for my life.  Today I am letting go of my foolish pride in "thinking" that doing what makes me "happy" is truly what is best for me.  Today I am seeking for HIM to teach me, so that I will be able to overcome and completely demolish my "scarecrow" state of mind. 

Dear Friends, oh how HE loves us.  I truly hope that you know that.  I pray that you will have the courage to seek HIM, and allow HIM to take you through your own version of "confessions of a "scarecrow" and allow HIM to reveal to you where you have fallen short of HIS glory.  I pray today that you will seek HIM, and allow HIM to fill you with HIS words of life, and cast out the lies of the enemy that keeping you in bondage with words of death.  I pray today that your life will be covered in HIS favor and blessing, and that in choosing to allow HIS will to be the only way for your life, that you will be a blessing to others.  I pray today that you will have the courage to begin to tell your story, and allow your mess to be HIS beautiful message.

love, and prayers,
Heather 



No comments:

Post a Comment