Thursday, August 21, 2014

Thanksgiving

"give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:18

This morning as soon as I began to journal what was on my heart, I found myself thanking HIM for HIS goodness.  I thanked HIM for allowing one of D's dreams to come true yesterday in being able to ride in his dream car.  I know it may not seem like much for some people, but for D, it was the first time in a while where I actually saw him smile.  

I have been praying for my husband D for quite some time now to be relieved of the pressures of his job, and his role as Husband to me,  and Daddy to our amazing five children.  For the past six years D, has been under an extreme amount of stress, and through it all he hasn't complained, but rather just continued to press on and press in through each and every circumstance that he has gone through.  

D and I are a lot alike in many ways, however in our FAITH we are completely different, as I am a lets talk it all out, shout it from the rooftops WHO HE is and what HE has done.  D, on the other hand is much more reserved in HIS FAITH, and doesn't "feel" the need to talk it all out, rather HE goes to THE ONE, OUR HEAVENLY FATHER with his needs, and he never complains about what he doesn't have.  Rather he is always in Thanksgiving mode, meaning that instead of crying out "why" something is happening, he is always thanking GOD for what HE is doing, has done, and will continue to do.

HIS Daily Teachings today is showing me where I have failed to live out my Thanksgiving to HIM, by only choosing to be grateful.  When I first started hearing from HIM this morning I was confused, as I am so incredibly grateful for all that HE has done for me.  The more I said I was grateful, the more I could sense I was missing the point.

Since HE is my loving HEAVENLY FATHER, HE began to teach me that although HE is glad that I am grateful for all HE has done, HE wants me to be more thankful.  Well since I've written in the past that I am a slllloooow learner, this is something that I struggled with understanding this morning.

Today HE is breaking it down for me in a way that I can truly understand what Thanksgiving looks like in my life.  HE is telling me that while I am extremely grateful for all HE has done after the storm, HE is wanting me to know that I must be thankful for the being in the storm in the first place.   

HE is wanting me to know that each and every test, trail, and storm that I am in should remind me to have a heart of Thanksgiving towards HIM, as it is HIS loving reminder that I need HIM.  This is why HE has been writing in on my heart daily how much I need HIM.

Today HE is reminding me the utmost importance it is for me to always seek HIM, praise HIM, and thank HIM for not only what HE has done for me, but rather what HE is doing for me.  This means that even though I may be hurting from circumstances in my life, I must seek HIM to create in me a heart of Thanksgiving so that HE will continue to strengthen, grow, and renew my FAITH in HIM.  

HE is telling me that often times I have allowed my mind to wander away from HIM, meaning that I have gotten so caught up in all that is wrong in my life, and have failed to see all that is right in my life.  This morning HE is meeting right where I am and letting me know that in order to overcome my lack in Thanksgiving to HIM, I must choose to really think and meditate on what HIS word is telling me.  

"but whose delight is in the law of the Lord, and who meditates on his law day and night." Palm 1:2

For a while now our Pastor at church has been preaching about seeking GOD to create in us a David heart, as it is written that David had a heart after GOD.  Meaning that he wanted to be like GOD, he wanted his heart to match GOD's heart.  David knew WHO GOD was in his life, and new what HE had done for him.  David knew that GOD was sovereign, and it is written so beautifully in the book of Psalms.  It is very clear in the book of Psalms all of David's prayers of Thanksgiving.

"After removing Saul, he made David their king. God testified concerning him: ‘I have found David son of Jesse, a man after my own heart; he will do everything I want him to do." Acts 13:22

Just as it has been written that David was a man after GOD's own heart, I too pray that I will have a heart that matches David's.  I pray that when my on this Earth is through, that HE will meet me, and when I look at HIS face and hear HIS voice it will be telling me, well done good and faithful servant.

"His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things.Come and share your master’s happiness!" Matthew 25:21

"Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation. Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song. For the Lord is the great God, the great King above all gods" Psalm 95:1-3

HE is wanting me to meditate on HIS word, that just as David praised HIM and thanked HIM in his times of troubles, so I need to do the same.  HE is wanting me to always remember that HE is my ROCK, my FORTRESS< and my SHIELD.  This means that in my times of trouble, HE is there, HE will protect me.  I know this because I have received my salvation in HIM, through my FAITH in HIM, in knowing, trusting and BELIEVING that HE is my LORD and SAVIOR, WHO died for my sins, so that I would be reconciled back to our HEAVENLY FATHER, so that I will live my life with purpose, on purpose, by HIS purpose.   HE is telling me that in knowing these things, it should make it very clear as to why I must seek HIM to create in me a heart of Thanksgiving for NOT only what HE has done, but what HE is doing right now, that I in my humanness cannot see.  

"I will give thanks to the Lord because of his righteousness; I will sing the praises of the name of the Lord Most High." Psalm 7:17

HE is telling me that nothing that HE does is to harm me, but rather to help me understand and teach me that HIS way is truly the BEST way for me to live my life.  HE is wanting me to remember that when I find myself in times of trouble, or hurting, that HE is there, working on my behalf.  Far too often I succumb to my "feelings" and forget that HE is sovereign, meaning that HE is in control.  I must remember to thank HIM for that!

"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him." Psalm 28:7

"Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name." Psalm 100:4

"Praise the Lord. Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever." Psalm 106:1

In seeking for HIM to create in me a heart of Thanksgiving I will meditate on HIS word.  I am thankful that HE loves me far too much to let me "think" that I am doing absolutely everything that I need to be doing in my walk of FAITH with HIM.  I am thankful for HIS loving reminders that even on my best day with my greatest FAITH, it fails in comparison to WHO HE is, what HE has done, is doing, and will continue to do on my behalf.  I am thankful for HIS loving reminder that I need HIM, every hour, of every minute, of every second, of every day.  I am thankful that I need NOT to lean on my own understanding, meaning I don't have to know and understand everything, or figure everything out.  I am thankful to know that HE is in control, and all I need to do is remember to PRAISE HIM, and THANK HIM for being my LORD and SAVIOR.  I must remember to thank HIM for being sovereign.

Dear Friends, I pray today that  you too will seek HIM to create in you a heart of Thanksgiving.  I pray that you will know that HE is working on your behalf, and that HE is with you always.  I pray that your FAITH in HIM will grow by leaps and bounds when you acknowledge that HE is sovereign, and that HE is working everything out for your own good.  I pray today that in the midst of whatever storm you are in, that you will know that HE is there, waiting for you to seek a heart of Thanksgiving.  I am honored and humbled to have been able to share my story with you, and I pray that it will be a blessing to your life today.  

With much love, prayers, and blessings,
Heather 


No comments:

Post a Comment