Friday, August 22, 2014

Greater

"You're greater, greater. There's no one like our God. You alone are worthy. God You are greater, greater. There's no one like our King. All the earth is singing. "God you are greater" Elevation Worship "Greater"

This morning, I woke up with a sense of renewed FAITH in HIM.  For the past three days I have been battling an internal sickness, pains, things I can't explain, other than a spiritual attack on my body.  Since Tuesday I have been in bed, dealing with pains like I've never felt before.  My digestion system has been all messed up, and this morning though I'm feeling a little relief, I'm still not healed. 

When I finished pouring my heart out to HIM this morning, the above lyrics began to play very loudly in my mind.  HIS Daily Teachings today is HIS loving reminder to me that HE is GREATER.  HE is wanting me to know that it's time that I realize that it has always been HIS plan for me to have weaknesses.  HE is telling me that instead of dreading, and trying to "hide" them, I must embrace them, as it is HIS loving reminder that I need HIM.... always.....

In seeking HIM to create in me a heart like HIS, I can now understand how I have come under attack.  Throughout my sickness, I have been praying for my children, my husband, our finances, home school, our needs, and my weariness through it all.  This morning I am comforted by HIS words spoken by my woman's group leader at church.  

One Sunday after church I was feeling particularly weak, and she looked right at me and said, "We need to understand that it is okay for us to say, "I can't, but JESUS can!"  Upon hearing her say that, I sort of knew what she was saying, but wasn't sure how I was supposed to apply that to my life.  

HE is letting me know that HE can, will, and does, because HE is GREATER.  HE is  GREATER than my weaknesses.  HE is GREATER than my problems.   HE is GREATER than the evil that is lurking in my life.  HE is wanting me to know that in my moments of weakness, I must remember that HE is strong.

Last night after dinner, D, brought up the days mail.  In it we received a letter from the District of Education for our children stating that I needed to register our private school, aka Home School. Upon reading the requirements for registering, I began to worry, about whether or not they would be accepting of what we have chosen for their curriculum.  For the past month I have been praying for GOD to meet our needs for a new computer, and new curriculum.  HE has answered my prayer for a new computer, and now I am waiting for HIM to answer my prayer for curriculum.  

However, in waiting, I have failed to remain FAITHFUL in knowing, trusting, and BELIEVING that HE will meet all of our families needs.  The time frame that we have to get said curriculum is impossible for D and I to manage, however HE is telling me once again that HE is GREATER, GREATER than any time crunch, and HE delights in making the impossible, possible for me.  

HE is telling me that all I need to be doing, is living my life FAITHFULLY to HIM, in knowing that HE will do what HE says HE will do.  This means for me that if HE has called me to do something, HE won't just leave me hanging, HE will equip me to answer HIS calling for my life. I know that HE has called me to home school once again, and I know that HE loves me, and has amazing plans for our family, therefore I know that HE won't leave us hanging with no protection.

HE is letting me know that HE is GREATER than anything that is trying to come against HIS plans for our family.  HE is wanting me to know that it has NEVER been HIS intention for me to "try" to figure everything out for myself.  HIS plan, and HIS purpose for my life, is to show me every single day just how much I need HIM, by allowing me to go through storms in my life to prove to me that is indeed GREATER than anything I will come up against.  

"GOD is glorified through those who will not let their personal weaknesses stop HIM from working through them."  Joyce Meyer "Power Thoughts Devotional August 22nd"

HE is telling me that I must NOT worry about my weaknesses, rather I must embrace them as it is always an opportunity for HIM to become GREATER in my life, and for me to become so much less.  HE is wanting me to know that instead of crying, whining, and dreading my weaknesses, I must choose to stand firm with total determination, that NO matter what, HE is GREATER, and HE will bless me.  HE is telling me that I must choose to live with GREATER expectation that HE is working in my life, on my behalf, and through HIM I will be able to OVERCOME absolutely anything that the enemy is trying to use against me, to take me down, and wipe me off the face of this Earth.

HE is wanting me to know that in understanding that HE is GREATER, is so that I will be able to understand why it is okay that I am a work in progress.  HE is telling me that when I fully understand why that is when I will know that I need HIM daily, and that is because HE is GREATER than anything, and HE is SOVEREIGN, meaning that HE is in control, and HE is bigger, and RULES over everything.

HE is telling me that even though I was surprised by what I received in the mail, HE isn't, wasn't and will NEVER be.  HE is wanting me to always remember that HE is in control, and HE has everything worked out for my own good.  HE is reminding me that when I chose to answer HIS calling for my life, I then came under HIS protection.  HE is wanting me to know that in knowing that, it is HIS way of showing me that HE is indeed GREATER than anything, and everything that I have or ever will encounter.

"Our imperfections are not going to stop GOD, unless we let them do so."  Joyce Meyer "Power Thoughts Devotional, August 22nd"

Today I am so incredibly thankful that through my weakness HE is my strength.  I am thankful that where I have been worrying about curriculum, HE has it all worked out.  I am thankful to know that each and every time I chose to live out my life according to HIS plan, HIS will, and by HIS purpose I am protected, as that is HIS promise to me.  I am thankful that no matter how many times I fall flat on my face, HE is there, waiting to set me back onto HIS path, and to continue to teach, lead, and guide me on my journey towards wholeness with HIM.  I am thankful that no matter what I may encounter in this lifetime, HE is GREATER.

" For to be sure, he was crucified in weakness, yet he lives by God’s power.Likewise, we are weak in him, yet by God’s power we will live with him in our dealing with you." 2 Corinthians 13:4

Dear Friends, I pray today that you will be able to see that in your weakness HE is strong. I pray that you will know that HE is GREATER than the storm you are in, or test, or trial that is happening in your life.  I pray that you will have the courage to seek HIM, through your weaknesses, and allow HIM to be your strength.  I pray that when you do, HE will open HIS floodgates of blessings for your life.  I pray that you will be able to come under HIS protection, by choosing to live your life according to HIS plan, by HIS will, through HIS purpose.  I pray that in the midst of life's storms you will be able to look up and stand firm in your faith that though the waves are crashing, and it seems as if though you can't catch your breath, hold fast Dear Friends, HE is GREATER!

love and prayers,
Heather 

1 comment:

  1. After reading your post I just wanted to share some thoughts about homeschooling. In Illinois where I live you do not have to register your school or your curriculum. You will want to check with HSLD to learn about your state regulations. As far as curriculum goes there are several free ones online, the most popular one being Ambleside ( amblesideonline.org), a Charlotte Mason approach to homeschool. Hope this information is helpful.

    ReplyDelete