Monday, January 13, 2014

"open heart"

Each morning I am early to rise before anyone else wakes up.  It has been during this time that I have my talks with my HEAVENLY FATHER, where HE speaks to me and enables me to write this blog.  This has become a new way of living for me all because I chose to put HIM 1st in everything I did this past summer.  

For the longest time my favorite worship song has been "Hosanna" by Hillsong United. Every time I sing the following verses, I can't help but to cry.  "Heal my heart and make it clean Open up my eyes to the things unseen Show me how to love like You have loved me Break my heart for what breaks Yours Everything I am for Your Kingdom's cause As I walk from earth into eternity" 

This song has truly become my hearts cry, and because HE knows that is my hearts cry, HE has answered me once again, and this time it was in the form of spiritual open heart surgery.  This morning I have been once again changed, all because I have chosen to open my heart to HIM, and HIS Daily Teachings.  

HIS Daily Teachings today is to remind me that in keeping an open heart I must realize that though things may not always be easy, they will however be bearable.  I know this to be true because it is written, that HE is with me always.

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrifiedbecause of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” Deuteronomy 31:6

HE is wanting me to know that in keeping an open heart in me is HIS way for growing and stretching my faith in HIM.  Therefore, I must remember that when the storms are brewing and the seas are raging in my life, that HE is there, and HE will never forsake me.

HE is wanting me to know that in choosing to keep an open heart for HIM that my thirst for HIS knowledge will never be quenched until I come to HIS well, as HE truly is the living water that I need in order to live my life through HIS plans and HIS purpose.

HE is teaching me all about HIS living water through one story in the bible about a Samaritan woman who had five husbands, and who was currently living with a man who was not her husband.  It is written that this woman was an outcast, and only went to draw water from the well when no one else was around.  So naturally when JESUS asks for a drink from her jar, she declines, and questions HIS sincerity.

Like me, she is blown away by HIS response, and well here, I will just let you read it for yourself. 

"When a Samaritan woman came to draw water, Jesus said to her, “Will you give me a drink?”  (His disciples had gone into the town to buy food.) The Samaritan woman said to him, “You are a Jew and I am a Samaritan woman. How can you ask me for a drink?” (For Jews do not associate with Samaritans. Jesus answered her, “If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water.”  “Sir,” the woman said, “you have nothing to draw with and the well is deep. Where can you get this living water?  Are you greater than our father Jacob, who gave us the well and drank from it himself, as did also his sons and his livestock?” Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again,  but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”  John 4:7-13

Like the Samaritan woman I am learning that HE is the source of water for my life.  HIS living water in crucial for my life, and I know that I can only drink from HIS well when I allow myself to have an open heart.  I am learning that HIS word is that very living water that my soul desires, and my thirst craves to be quenched.

Today HE is reminding me that in my times of feeling burdened all I need to do is come to HIM.  That in the times wear I feel like I cannot go on another moment, that HE is there, and HE will carry me.  With an open heart, I am learning that HE will never leave and HE will never forsake me.

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30

but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary,they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31

HE is telling me that with an open heart, I must go when HE tells me to go, even if I don't know where I am going, I must choose to move.  HE is wanting me to know that having an open heart means trusting HIM completely  that HE has all of my life planned and everything can, will, and does work out for my own good, all because HE loves me.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

Through this morning's spiritual open heart surgery I am learning that nothing can separate HIM from me, or me from HIM, all because I know that HIS love never fails.

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38-39

I know all of this to be true, as it is the reason, and only reason HE is able to capture my heart time and again  and bring me right back along side of HIM, with me seeking HIM, and asking HIM to teach, lead, and guide me through every single moment of my journey towards wholeness with HIM.

HE is teaching me that in keeping an open heart means that I am allowing HIM to transform and renew my heart to be more like HIS.  I am learning that in choosing to have a heart like JESUS means that when I do, I will love just as HE loves.  I will love what HE loves.  I will do what HE does.  I will say what HE says.  I will think what HE thinks, and I will forgive just as HE forgives, no matter how I may feel, as in my humanness I foolishly think that "I" get to decide whether someone is worthy or not of forgiveness.  YIKES!

HE is wanting me to know that it is in these early morning walks, and talks together that I will have life-changing conversations with HIM.  I know this to be true, because since this past May I have come to HIM, and each time I have searched for HIM I have found HIM, and through each of HIS Daily Teachings I have been blown away by HIS goodness and HIS mercy.

HE is telling me that in keeping an open heart means that my past cannot dictate who I am today, because of WHOSE I am.  I am learning that even though I make mistakes, (daily) and do stupid things (also daily), HE never gives up on me, HIS love never runs out, and HE is always there ready for me to catch up to HIM.

In keeping an open heart, I am learning that I must boldly declare, "Here I am LORD, send me.  Take my life LORD, take all that I am, everything that I am & have, and I will love and trust YOU completely."

With an open heart I know that in choosing to BELIEVE that HE will quench my thirst for knowledge and understanding is possible because I know that HIS word truly is the living water for my heart, soul, body, and mind.

"Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them." John 7:38

With an open heart means that I realize that each day I am given is a gift from HIM, therefore I must NOT waste a moment of it.

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17

With an open heart for me means that choosing HIM means eternal life for me.  Sadly I forget that all too often, and miss the mark completely.  I forget that my mission is HIS mission to share HIS good news of HIS goodness, and HIS mercy, that can be given to all who ask, and who repent of their sins, and ask forgiveness for them.  All too often I forget in my humanness of what my real goal is in my life.  All too often I fall short of the glory of GOD.  I am thankful that HE loves me enough beyond all of my mistakes, and failures, that HE sees the real me, and sees WHO I truly am.

"to give his people the knowledge of salvation through the forgiveness of their sins" Luke 1:77

I must remember that keeping an open heart for HIM means my freedom that can only be found in HIM.  For HIS protection and blessings to be poured over my life, and my families life as I have chosen to seek HIM 1st in everything that I do.  

With an open heart means accepting that I can no longer hide, as I am so NOT fooling HIM, only myself, as HE knows everything.  

Where can I go from your Spirit?Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there;if I make my bed in the depths, you are there." Psalm 139:7-8

With an open hearts means that I know that HE loves me unconditionally no matter how badly I mess up.

"Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,   for his compassion's never fail." Lamentations 3:22

With an open heart means WHO I am, and the way I choose to live is truly what matters most to HIM.
I am reminded of this very thought through yet another song that I hold very near and dear to my heart.  "How you live" by Point of Grace, has become a go to worship song for me whenever I am feeling less than stellar in my CHRIST like-ness.  "Cause it's not who you knew And it's not what you did It's how you lived" 

I am learning that in keeping an open heart means dying unto myself, and pick up my cross and choosing to follow HIM, and denying myself of what I "think" I want, rather choosing to do what HE tells me to do, as I know that HE truly does have my best interest at heart.  Even when I doubt, HE knows, HE cares, HE's there, ready, and waiting for me to catch up.

"Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me." Matthew 16:24

There is so much more that I have learned during this morning's open heart surgery, however I am feeling overwhelmed, and need to stop.  I may type out the second half this afternoon, or tomorrow.  Whenever I feel prompted and lead by HIS HOLY SPIRIT I will.  My brain is now mush, as I myself am trying to absorb all of what HE has taught me this morning.  So I will leave you all with this.

I pray today that you will open your heart to HIM, and let HIM reveal to YOU WHO you really are to HIM.  I pray that you will know that HE truly does have your best interest at heart, even if you are currently in the middle of a storm, and struggling to stay afloat.  I pray today that you know that you are not alone, all you have to do is open your heart to HIS teachings, and let HIM reveal HIMSELF to you so that HIS plan and HIS purpose will be the way that you choose to live your life.  I pray for HIS blessings, and favor to be poured over your life when you choose to keep an open heart.


Much love, and blessings,
Heather 





No comments:

Post a Comment