Wednesday, July 16, 2014

focus


Lately I am finding myself doing things without HIS guidance, and haven't really thought about what HE would want me to do, until after I've already done them.  It is though I am saying, "HEY GOD I've got this all under control, just wait for me to become a train wreck, then I'll let you take over."  This is NOT how I want to live my life, but for some reason, I am really having a hard time remembering to focus on thinking, saying, and doing what HE has called me to do.

HIS Daily Teachings today is reminding me to through everything that is happening in my life, I must remember to focus.  HE is wanting me to know that in the times where I go off by myself, and become a train wreck that is when HE uses those moments to teach me, that I, Heather, am NOT capable of navigating this life without HIM.  HE is wanting me to know that I must learn to TRUST HIM without ANY borders, so that HE can create in me a heart, soul, and mind just as HE has always intended for me to have.

This morning, I should have realized that the moment I started journaling that HE would meet me right where I was.  As soon as my pen hit the paper, of course the first line that I wrote was, "LORD JESUS, help me to stay focused on what you want me to think, say, and do!  I am NOT doing so well on my own!" As I continued to pour my heart out to HIM, HE began to reveal HIS presence to me, and I could sense that HIS Daily Teachings today would be showing me that it is ALL about focus.  

Naturally as I began to read though today's Power Thoughts Devotional by Joyce Meyer, the title said it all, "It's a Matter of Focus"    It was then that I realized once again, through another one of HIS loving me, and meeting me right in that very moment, knowing full well what was on my  heart, long before I even knew what was on my heart.  I began to read through what she said, and it struck me as of course, of course it would be all about what HE has been trying to get my attention about since this past Sunday.  

On Sunday at church, we sang "Oceans" by Hillsong and when I sang the verse "SPIRIT lead me where my trust is without borders,"  I felt my heart cry out to HIM, "LORD this is what I NEED!" As soon as we finished worshipping, our Pastor stood up, and spoke about that very verse, and what it means for our lives.  

In looking back on my life with HIM, I can see how much HE has lead me through, so WHY?!? on Earth do I forget what HE has done, is still doing, and will continue to do? Today HE is letting me know that it is because I am forgetting that it is truly a matter of focus.  HE is wanting me to know that until I get my heart, soul, and mind OFF of my own agenda, and seek HIM with ALL my heart, soul, mind, and strength, I will keep failing to TRUST HIM without borders.  

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding" Proverbs 3:5

HE is telling me that in order for me to keep my focus on HIM, I must first remember to lean on HIM.  This means that I must seek HIM, to teach, lead, and guide me, and NOT try and figure things out for myself.  So often, I, Heather, think that my human thinking, is so much better than what HE has planned for my life.  HE is wanting me to remember that HIS plans for my life are amazing, therefore I must remember that in order to live the life HE has planned for me, I must remember to lean on HIM.

HE is wanting me to know that the way that I will be able to focus on HIM and HIS teachings, is by putting ALL of my TRUST in HIM.  Today HE is challenging me once again to TRUST HIM without borders.  HE is wanting me to TRUST HIM with absolutely every single aspect of my life.  HE is wanting me to realize that if though I can't, in my humanness figure things out, I must remember to keep my focus on HIM, and HE will take me through whatever it is that HE has lead me to.  HE is telling me that in order to overcome, I must remember to keep my focus on HIM.

HE is telling me that in order for me to TRUST HIM without borders, I must choose to live with HIS true confidence that even though I may NOT be able to see a solution to my problems, I must remember that HE has amazing plans for my life. 

" For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

HE is wanting me to know that, I  must choose to remember that HE is always there, and that HE is always fighting on my behalf.  I must choose to focus, by meditating on HIS word that HE is doing a good work in me, and HE will continue to do a good work, HIS work, in me.  I must choose to remember that HE is the only one WHO knows what is best for me, and HE is the ONE WHO does indeed love me best!

"being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6

HE is telling me that keeping and maintaining focus means that I must choose to love and BELIEVE HIM with ALL of my heart, soul, mind, and strength!  HE is wanting me to know and fully understand that the time has come in my life where I must choose to NOT rely on my own understanding but to mediate on HIS word, HIS promises that with HIM, I can absolutely OVERCOME any test, trail, or storm in my life.  I must choose to remember that while I may have been caught off guard, HE is already there, and HE already has everything worked out for my own good.  

" Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength" Mark 12:30

HE is wanting me to know that in order for me to fully understand what focus looks like in my life, I must first understand that even though I may have fallen short in my past, HIS grace is all sufficient for me, and it is truly ALL I need.  

"But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me" 2 Corinthians 12:9

Joyce Meyers words are really speaking to me today about what I need to focus on.  In her devotional she writes, "when we worry, whatever is in our hearts, eventually comes out of our mouths."  This I know to be true for me, as I am seeing as HE is taking me back to the last few days that the things that I have chosen to focus on are the very things that are leading me straight into the train wreck that has been the last few days.

"Make a tree good and its fruit will be good, or make a tree bad and its fruit will be bad, for a tree is recognized by its fruit. You brood of vipers,how can you who are evil say anything good? For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of.  A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him. But I tell you that everyone will have to give account on the day of judgment for every empty word they have spoken. For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.” Matthew 12:33-37

HE is teaching me that every time I lose focus and faith to do what HE has called me to do, that is when I am doing the part that Satan is tempting me to do in bringing his evil here to Earth, thus spreading it everywhere I go.  HE is wanting me to know that in order to stop the spreading of evil I must choose to focus by meditating on HIS words, HIS truth by answering HIS calling for my life by choosing to speak HIS words, and live out HIS truth,  in order for me to do my part of bringing HIS Kingdom of HEAVEN here to Earth.  

"Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me." Matthew 16:24

HE is telling me that in choosing to focus on HIM, and NOT my problems, that is how I will be able to avoid the train wrecks in my daily walk.  Joyce Meyer, says it like this: "The more we think and talk about our problems the larger they become."  This is so very true for my life, and in knowing this I know that this is the reason why it is absolutely imperative that I get my heart soul and mind focused on what HE wants me to do, and let go of my own agenda. 

HE is telling me that in order for me to overcome I must get my focus OFF of my problems, and reset my focus by meditating  on HIS word, HIS truth, and HIS promises.  HE is wanting me to write it on my heart, and to speak it, scream it, and shout it to ALL who will hear that HE is GOD, HE is GOOD and HE is FAITHFUL ALL of the time!

I am currently reading an amazing book by Ann Voskamp  titled "One Thousand Gifts."  In her book she writes of a challenge that someone sent her about writing out one thousand things she is thankful for.  This book is written so perfectly for me, as it speaks so intimately to my heart of the things I long for, and I secretly cry out for in my pain and anguish to be more like HIM.  In seeking for there to be so much more of HIM in me, and for there to be so much less of me, I am so incredibly thankful to be reading this book.  Today I am  at the beginning of my own One Thousand Gifts, and my first one is this "I am so thankful that HE loves me so much, that HE always meets me right where I am, right here in the messy middle of my full of faith walk, to wavering faith walk."  

Today I am thankful to know that even though I don't realize how far I have ran away from HIM and HIS teachings, HE is right there, waiting for me to see HIM.  HE is ready to reset my focus on HIM.  I am thankful that through each test, trial, and storm, HE is building, and strengthening my FAITH in HIM that HE loves me, cares for me, and knows what is best for me.  I am so incredibly blessed to be living this life that HE has chosen specifically for me to live.  Today i am embracing the messy middle, and praising HIM for HIS FAITHFULNESS.

Dear friends, I pray that if you too are struggling with focus, that you will have the courage to seek HIM, the ONE WHO knows and loves you best.  I pray that you will set aside your own agenda to see that HE has amazing plans for your life.  I pray that when you do, HE will being to reveal HIS plans for you through HIS vision, and that you too will then be able to shout it, scream it, and tell it to the masses that HE is GOD, HE is GOOD, and HE is FAITHFUL all of the time!

Praying many blessings and favor over your life today,
Heather 








No comments:

Post a Comment