Wednesday, July 2, 2014

priceless.....

She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue.Her children arise and call her blessed." Proverbs 31:25-26,28

This morning I woke up with a heavy heart, feeling defeated in the battle of my words.  Not just my words, but my thoughts as well.  Last night I spoke so negatively to my children, and I kept replaying that moment over and over in my head.  This morning HE is giving me the answers to the questions in my heart as to WHY I gave into my "feelings" last night, and is teaching me how to OVERCOME the stronghold of negativity in my thoughts, words, and actions.

HIS Daily Teachings today is reminding me that while I may NOT have realized it before now, I must know that my being Mama is truly priceless.  HE is wanting me to know that in order for me to fully understand what that means for me, I must first seek what priceless means.  According to dictionary.com, priceless means, "having a value beyond all price; invaluable:"  HE is telling me that my being Mama to my amazing five children is something that NO one else has been or will be equipped for.

HE is telling me that I must understand that I was chosen to be their Mama, and because of that I must know and understand that no matter what challenges, tests, or trials, that may come up in their lives, when I seek HIM, HE will equip me to help them, and that is truly priceless.

This morning HE is teaching me the importance of maintaining a positive tone in my home.  HE is wanting me to know that if there is a lack in positive tones in the house, then in order for things to turn around, I must be the ONE WHO resets the tone.  This is difficult for me, as I grow weary at times of always being the bigger person, always be the ONE WHO takes the first step, and always being the first person to say they are sorry.

HE is wanting me to know that instead of grumbling or complaining about the challenges that I or my children are facing on a daily basis, I must choose to laugh and be positive  so that I will then be setting the tone for positive interaction between my children and myself.  HE is reminding me once again that the things that I am needing to know and understand about being Mama, can only be found when I choose to read HIS word, study HIS word, speak HIS WORDS, and meditate on HIS word.  

HE is wanting me to know that my role as Mama is truly priceless as I am the only one WHO will model how to keep a positive outlook on a not always so sun- shiny life.  HE is telling me that I must choose to give positive instructions to my children and learn to let go of my pessimistic views, thoughts, words, and actions.  HE is wanting me to know that when I choose to model a positive outlook on life to my children , that is when my children will see me, and they will call me blessed.  HE is telling me that having them call me blessed, is truly priceless.  After all, WHO else would endure the daily struggles with them, and still find a reason to smile.  

HE is telling me that this is the very reason why HE has been working so hard to teach me about always remembering to choose HIS JOY!  HE is teaching me that HE didn't just teach that to me, for just me, but so that I would then model it to my children, and they would learn to choose HIS JOY so that no matter what may happen in their lives, they too will know that HE is there, and that HE does care.  

HE is wanting me to know that I am the only one who spends almost every single waking hour with them, and because of that I am the only one who is given the chance to model CHRIST for them, and because I know of HIM and HIS faithfulness, HIS goodness, and HIS unending, unfailing, relentless love and amazing grace, that makes my role as being their mama truly priceless.

HE is teaching me that I became their Mama on purpose for HIS purpose, to raise, train up, and teach HIS ways, and how to seek HIM, and to grow in a relationship with HIM.  HE is letting me know that each time I pray with my children, I am teaching them how seek HIM to have a heart like HIS and that is truly priceless. 

HE is reminding me that when I had my first child, to when I had my fifth child HE has been, is, and will continue to be teaching HIS wisdom.  HE is reminding me of who everyone comes to with questions to be answered in our home about where things are, what needs to be done, whats for dinner etc.  HE is telling me that the reason I am the only one who can answer those questions is because I am Mama.  That to me is truly priceless. 

"The truth is we wouldn't trade this job for the world.  It's the toughest job we ever loved!"  Karol Ladd "Power of a Positive Mom"

This is so true for my life, as even though I may not have dreamt of becoming a Mama, I truly am a blessed Mama of five to HIS amazing, precious children.  Just the mere fact that HE has entrusted five little beings to me is truly priceless.

"Motherhood transforms naive, inexperienced young ladies into wise, accomplished women who command respect."  Karol Ladd "Power of a Positive Mom"

HE is reminding me of my first few moments of being a new Mama.  I remember holding this precious little girl, and just being in complete awe of how magnificent she was, and still is.  I remember holding her for hours on end, just looking into her eyes, and loving her with each feeding, diaper change, song that I sang, rocking her, bathing her, and holding her until I thought my heart would completely burst.  Those memories I hold so very near and dear to my heart, as they are so incredibly, overwhelmingly, and truly priceless.

"Maternal love strengthens us and helps us grow into selfless, thoughtful, and giving adults."  Karol Ladd, "Power of a Positive Mom"

HE is telling me that even though I didn't have a Mama growing up, when I became a Mama, HE equipped me to be just that for my precious baby girl.  HE is reminding me of the first time she got sick, and instead of panicking, I calmly took her temperature, and was able to discern whether or not she needed medicine.  Once I was able to determine that, I then took her to the doctor.  Through every fall, scrap of the knee, boo-boo kissed, I was there, and HE is telling me so was HE.  Coaching me, cheering me, towards victory in my quest of becoming Mama.  

HE is wanting me to remember and think about all of the times in the  years since I have become Mama, where I have let go of the things I wanted, and sought after what they needed.  HE is letting me know that just as in my being Mama wanting to meet ALL of their needs, HE is doing the exact same thing for me, and because HE knows what's on my Mama heart for my children, NOT only does HE meet my needs, but HE meets their needs as well.  When I am able to teach this to my children of how good, great, and wonderful HE truly is, that to me is truly priceless.

HE is reminding me that just as I am willing, and seeking HIM to move mountains to provide for my children, HE is doing the exact same thing for me.  I am overwhelmed by HIS loving guidance this morning, in revealing to me HIS plans, HIS intent, and HIS purpose for me being Mama.  I am so incredibly thankful and blessed to be living this life, as a living testament of WHO HE is, WHAT HE has done, and WHAT HE will continue to do.  I am so thankful to know that my role as Mama is truly priceless.

HE is taking me back through all of the challenges, tests, and trials that I have endured as being Mama, and HE is letting me know that HE was there, is there, and will continue to be there, and HE will NEVER leave me, nor forsake me, and that is truly priceless to me.

"Yes being a mom brings out the best in us!"

I can tell you that never before in my life have I ever been more loving, giving, accepting, forgiving, and adventurous person before my becoming Mama.  Before I had children, I didn't even know how to be child-like, and if it weren't for my amazing, precious five children, I wouldn't know what it means to be child-like in my FAITH, as HE calls us to be.  I am so incredibly thankful for each of my children, who have taught me how to have so much FAITH, that no matter how bad things get, how hard life becomes, or how hurt we are, we serve a truly loving, giving, forgiving, faithful GOD and that to me is truly priceless.

"And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 18:3

"GOD has given us an inexplicable strength -- a strength beyond our own strength -- that allows us to tend to the multiple needs and cares of our precious charges."   Karol Ladd "Power of a Positive Mom"

HE is reminding me once again that is on those days where I "feel" weak, as Mama I must seek HIM and TRUST HIM and BELIEVE HIM when HE says that HE is my strength.  HE is telling me that even though I may not always see through HIS vision right away, when I seek HIM, HE will show me things through HIS perspective. In knowing that HE is waiting for me to seek HIM to teach, lead, and guide me, I am in complete awe that HE never gives up on me, and I am able to tell my story to HIS children, and that to me is truly priceless.

In thinking about my story, and how HE has, is and will continue to turn things around for my good, I am truly honored and blessed to be living this life as it has been written specifically for me.  To know that HE has built me to withstand the test, storms, trials, and challenges of this life is truly priceless to me, as it has ALL brought me straight to HIS loving arms.

This morning HE is reminding me just how priceless my role as Mama is by teaching me how to live.   It is of no coincidence to me that I fell completely in love with this song by Point of Grace called "How You live."  Today I am so incredibly thankful to have this song to model to me how to live, and that is with fearless trust without borders, unfailing, unconditional love, WHO is able to extend HIS amazing grace onto everyone who upsets or hurts me.  To model ALL of this life, walking closely with HIM, choosing to be clothed in dignity and grace, that to me is truly priceless.

Through seeking HIM this morning HE has revealed to me the many ways where my being Mama is truly priceless:

When one of my children are hurt, and they automatically want/need Mama.... Priceless

When they see how much I enjoy being their Mama, and seek out ways to show them that they are special, and how much they mean to me..... Priceless

Through all of the smiles, hugs, laughter, silliness, and thanks for being "the best Mama in the WHOLE WORLD"..... Priceless

When being woken in the middle of the night to console a little one with a bad dream, or a teen who can't sleep as life's questions stalk their sleep.  Through loving words, gentle hugs, and encouraging prayers..... Priceless

In helping each of my five children navigate their relationships with others, and teaching them how to be humble enough to admit their wrong, and to forgive and see past offenses and love others as CHRIST love us....... Priceless

When upon turning our home upside down to locate the missing toy, ipod, phone, shoe, cup, comforting sleeping stuffed animal...... Priceless

When becoming their own personal cheerleader, encouraging them, speak HIS truth into their hearts, and showing them how much they matter to me and to HIM...... Priceless

When being able to be the only one who can comfort or console them in their time of need...... Priceless

When forgoing the hot bath, resting, or reading the book that I've tried to read at least 10 times to bake their favorite treats, so that our home smells wonderful, and their tummies are full of yummy goodness.  When afterwards chocolate faces and smiles looking at you and declaring you "Best Mama in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD"..... Priceless

When taking them to the library and picking out more than 10 books to read, to haul them all home, pile up on the couch, teens too, to hear Mama read a story, complete with silly faces, and voices...... Priceless

When holding their hand as they are trembling with fear as they face a challenge, and letting them know that they are NOT alone that HE is there HE cares, and I am there and I care..... Priceless

Through every single prayer on their behalf for their future, including their spouse, their jobs, their friends, and their lives.  To pray for their relationships with HIM to growing stronger and stronger with each day passing.... Priceless

In getting to wake up each and every morning, for every do-over I am blessed with.... Priceless

"Few can duplicate our loving touch.  What price tag can be placed on the sense of warmth and comfort we bring to our home?"  

Today I am overwhelmed by HIS loving grace in giving me the much needed wake-up-call, and do-over to show me that being Mama to my amazing, precious five children is truly priceless.   Words fail me to say how thankful, grateful, and honored I am to have a LOVING SAVIOR WHO gave HIS life for me, so that I may live and spend eternity with HIM and OUR HEAVENLY FATHER.  The very thought that HE paid the ultimate price for my sins, all because HE loves me............ Priceless!!!!!!!!!!

Dear friends, I pray today that if you are struggling to know whether or not you matter, I pray that you will seek HIM and you will know that your life was written specifically on purpose for HIS purpose, to bring you back to HIM.  I pray that you will be filled with HIS love, comfort, and peace as you seek HIM, and ask HIM to transform and renew your heart to show you just how priceless you truly are to HIM.  I pray that you will know that NOTHING in this life is by chance, but rather to grow, strengthen, and renew your heart, to build, and give you the desire to seek HIM with all of your heart, soul, and mind, to know that HE is a truly LOVING GOD, and that OUR SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST is waiting for you to boldly declare that HE is LORD OF YOUR LIFE!!!  I pray that when you do HIS blessings and favor will be poured over your life, and NOTHING of this world will ever be able to compare........ then you will truly live your life knowing that HIS love for you is truly priceless.

Much love, prayers, and compassion,
Heather 



   







No comments:

Post a Comment