Saturday, July 26, 2014

walk the line

I have become more aware as each day passes that the more I seek HIM, the more I seem to walk the line. The line for me consists of decisions that I a making in either my thoughts, words, or actions.  Most often I make good decisions that of which bring all praise, honor, and glory to HIM.  Most often...... however, in the times where I don't make good decisions it seems as if in those moments where I allow myself to become derailed, and I cross the line.  It never fails that the moment that I realize that I have once again crossed the line, I become depressed, and lose all HIS true confidence in "thinking" how can I, Heather write about things, and yet still struggle with what I view as being the most basic to being CHRIST LIKE.  

HIS Daily Teachings today is HIS loving reminder that each day I walk the line, HE is right there beside me, helping me, leading me.  HE is telling me that I cross the line, when I choose to follow the flesh and NOT HIS SPIRIT.  Yesterday was a perfect example of the inner struggle that I have been having with myself lately.  In my desire to be more like JESUS with each day passing, I don't want ever to be viewed as judgmental.  So rather than choosing to stand firm in my FAITH and my beliefs, I falter, as I begin to compromise that I wouldn't want to offend anyone.  In my quest to NOT offend, as I walk the line, I end up getting tripped by the line, and in turn I fail to do my part in bringing HIS KINGDOM of HEAVEN here to Earth.

In my quest to be more like HIM, I "think" that this is just merely me wanting it, NOT really HIM leading me.  HE is telling me that I didn't just come up with this idea one day to seek HIM, for HIM to teach, lead, and guide me, rather I was created to crave HIM to help me in my journey as I encounter the times of having to walk the line.  

Yesterday in the social media world, a blog was written as to why American Women shouldn't see the new Fifty Shades of Grey movie when it comes out this Valentine's Day.  The blog was written by a male WHO in fact did an incredible job at keeping it biblically based as to the reason WHY HIS word is against such movies and books etc.  I knew the moment I let anyone know that I liked the blog that the challenge would be issued. 

As I have written in the past, I myself had read this particular series of books, and in hindsight I wish I hadn't. NOT because is distorted my view on my marriage, or created a desire to change my husband, but rather because in my quest to be more like HIM, I realized that I offended HIM, as that is NOT what HE is wanting me to spend my time on.  

"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will" Romans 12:2

Since reading that blog yesterday and praying about what it meant for my life, I kept thinking about what HIS word says about NOT conforming to the patterns of this world.  HE is telling me that the days of where my vision is of the flesh, but rather I must seek HIS vision so that I will be able to see the evil of this world. HE is wanting me to know that when I walk the line, it is the line between good and evil, flesh and spirit. 

"So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh." Galatians 5:16

HE is teaching me this morning that while I may understand where someone who walks by the flesh is coming from in saying that books, movies, etc. are merely just for entertainment purposes, I, Heather a CHRIST follower for going on 12 years now know that I am to walk by HIS spirit, and that means I must choose to say NO to the desires of my flesh.  HE is reminding me that when I give in to my fleshy desires, that I miss out on HIS blessings, and sometimes those blessings are merely protecting me in my walk, so that while I am on this journey with HIM, when it comes to being able to walk the line, I won't fall to temptation, and therefore I will continue on my journey towards wholeness with HIM.  

HE is reminding me that the world that I live in is the devil's playground.  HE is telling me that in everyone through everything, Satan is trying to corrupt each and every living being to come to the dark side.  HE is showing me that I am to model what walk the line looks like to other CHRIST followers, and for those who don't even know JESUS.  This means that for my life, I must choose to let go of NOT wanting to seem judgmental, but rather to speak HIS words, HIS TRUTH, about whatever does NOT line up with HIS word. 

HE is telling me that my need of "feeling" approved by people is NOT something I need to worry about. HE is wanting me to know that even though I have fallen to temptation in reading and watching things that are NOT GOD honoring, doesn't mean that I don't have the choice now to make the right choice while I walk the line, as I know that with HIM I will be able to overcome any and all temptation. 

" No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted,[c] he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it." 1 Corinthians 10:13

“Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.” Matthew 26:41

" Those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction." 1 Timothy 6:9

It is NOT surprising to me that today's Power Thought by Joyce Meyer is:  "I am free from human judgment because of WHO I am in CHRIST!"    

A few weeks ago while shopping at Sam's Club I came across a book called "The Approval Fix" by Joyce Meyer, it appeared to be quick read, however every time I tried to read it, I ended up "feeling" as if though it didn't really apply to my life.  Foolishly I "thought" well now at least there's one problem I don't have.

This morning however, HE has captured my heart once again to show me the error of my ways.  HE is wanting me to rest in the fact that HE loves me all of the time, no matter what I think, say, or do.  HE is telling me that HE sends this reminder to me NOT so that I can freely make mistakes, but rather to show me HIS unconditional, unfailing, unending, relentless love and grace.   HE is showering me with HIS grace this morning in showing me how in seeking the approval of others, I have allowed myself to be tempted while I walk the line in seeking to be more like HIM.  

HE is telling me that when I walk the line it is full of temptation to NOT having to go through my life "feeling" wrong, insecure, and rejected.  HE is wanting me to know that as HIS daughter, I must know that I am loved, and that even when other people don't show love to me, or even like to me, that I need NOT to worry about what they think, but rather to keep chasing after HIM, running straight to HIS open and loving arms.  

HE is wanting me to walk the line with HIS perspective of WHO I am, and in choosing that I will in turn learn to love myself just as HE loves me.  HE is telling me that when I choose to love myself it won't really matter whether or not I "feel" as if though I am approved by others, or if they really love and accept me.  

HE is telling me that HIS plan does NOT consist of me becoming derailed and losing my self-confidence.  Rather that I seek HIM with all that I am, so that I will then be able to live with HIS true confidence of WHO I am , because I know WHOSE I am.   HE is wanting me to know that it is time that I stop worrying about pleasing people, and starting bringing all Praise, Honor, and Glory to HIS HOLY, JUST, and RIGHTEOUS Name!  

HE is wanting me to know that it is because I was raised by people who only showed me love and affection when I purposely sought their approval, and and times did whatever it took to get their approval.  HE is telling me that those days are gone, and I have been made new, and that means that I am free to be me, Heather, Daughter of the KING.  Daughter to the ONE TRUE LIVING GOD, WHO lives in me, through me, and is teaching, leading, and guiding me every single step of this long journey that I am on with HIM.  

Today is a new start with a fresh perspective of WHO I am called to be.  Today am so incredibly thankful for HIS mercy, and grace.  Today I am caught up in HIS love, and wrapped in HIS loving arms.  Today I am running straight to HIM, declaring HIM once again my LORD and SAVIOR, and saying that I am NOTHING without HIM.  Today I choose to speak HIS words, HIS TRUTH about WHO HE is, WHAT HE has done, WHAT HE is doing, and WHAT HE will continue to do!  Today I am NOT ashamed to say that I walk the line with HIM leading me, and though I may falter, all I have to do is cry out to HIM, and HE will set me back on the right side of the line. 

Dear Friends, I pray that you know that HE knows your heart.  HE sees your struggles, and knows your pain.  HE knows your addictions, and knows all about your low self-esteem, and loss of self-confidence.  I pray that you will know that HE is there, waiting for you to seek HIM, to restore, renew, and refine you to teach you all about WHO you are, because HE will fill you with HIS true confidence in knowing WHOSE you are!  I pray today that you will be filled with HIS peace and comfort as HE begins to show you the error of your ways.  I pray that you too will be able to say no to your flesh, and say YES to HIS SPIRIT, as you too walk the line. 

With much love, prayers, understanding, and always compassion,

Heather 


No comments:

Post a Comment