Monday, June 16, 2014

dedicate

Yesterday at church the message was about when you choose to allow JESUS to come into your heart, and HE becomes your LORD and SAVIOR, you let go, of your childish ways.  The message really spoke to my heart, as I am learning that with each morning I wake up early to meet with HIM, and going on these long walks, and talk with HIM, I am learning that this is me choosing to dedicate my life to do HIS works every single time I seek HIM, and allow HIM to teach, lead, and guide me.

HIS Daily Teachings today is showing me that when I choose to dedicate my life's work to doing HIS works, that is when I will be a mature CHRISTIAN.  In seeking HIM Daily HE is showing me that with each circumstance in my life I can either remain fleshly, or I can dedicate my life to doing HIS works.

HE is teaching me that when I choose to think, speak, and act fleshly that means that I will be selfish, self-centered, and I become extremely difficult to please.  HE is letting me know that in choosing to be fleshly that is when I will be envious, jealous, and that will make it extremely difficult for me to live my life.

"Brothers and sisters, stop thinking like children. In regard to evil be infants, but in your thinking be adults." 1 Corinthians 14:20

HE is teaching me that when I choose to dedicate my life to doing HIS works, that means I am allowing myself to be lead by HIS HOLY SPIRIT.   HE is wanting me to know that this means I must choose to do HIS will NO matter how I may "feel," or how hard it is for me to do so.

HE is telling me that in choosing to be lead by HIS HOLY SPIRIT  I must understand that I will be constantly going through transformations of my heart, soul, and mind so that I will then become more CHRIST like.

HE is reminding me once again that in order to me to be more CHRIST like, this means I must choose to dedicate my life's work to thinking, speaking, and acting according to HIS will for my life.  HE is teaching me that this means I must learn to guard my thoughts, and tame my tongue, that way I won't just blurt out whatever I am "feeling," and in turn hurt someone.  HE is teaching me once again that I must be speaking life into other's and NOT giving into my fleshly desires, as that is when I make a HUGE mess out of my life.

Yesterday D and I took our children to Six Flags for the third weekend in a row.  To be honest, I was sort of burned out on going, however since it was Father's Day, I really wanted the day to be about D.  The more I "tried" to smile, the worse I felt, the more I "tried" to pretend to be happy, the worse I "felt."  Finally when D and one of our daughters were on a ride, I excused myself and went to the bathroom.  It was there where HE met me right where I was, when I surrendered fully my thoughts, words, and actions to HIM.  It was right there in the bathroom that I chose to dedicate my life to doing HIS work in that very moment.  Slowly HE began to speak to me, and I realized that I could really enjoy the day that I had been blessed with, all I needed to do what dedicate myself to doing things HIS way, and HE would work out the rest. 

I came out of that bathroom "feeling" refreshed and renewed, and was grinning ear to ear when I saw the look of pure JOY on each of my children's and my wonderful husband's faces.  I'm pretty sure I shocked my family by my sudden change of heart, and attitude about the day.  Truthfully I think they were all pretty much bracing themselves, preparing themselves that Mama would be difficult that day.  However, thankfully because I knew that I needed HIM so much, I decided to dedicate my life in that very moment to doing things HIS way, and in turn we ALL ended up having a fantastic time!

I am learning that it is when I choose to dedicate ALL of me, that no matter how hard, difficult the situation is that I am in, or how I may "feel," HE can, will, and does work ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING out for my own good! Yesterday was a perfect example of HIS perfect love, HIS perfect timing, HIS perfect provision, and HIS perfect will for my life.  

HE is wanting me to know that this is the very reason why I was present to hear that message in church yesterday so that I would pass the test later on in the day.  HE is teaching me that had I not heard the message at church, I would have acted in the flesh and I would have ended up ruining the entire day for everyone.  I am so incredibly thankful for HIS daily provisions and teachings that HE is blessing me with.  I am so incredibly thankful to know that I don't have to have it all worked out, that HE already does, and in choosing to be lead by HIS HOLY SPIRIT, I know that I can face anything!

HE is telling me that the reason why in that moment I decided to dedicate my life yesterday to doing HIS works is because I have been going through HIS Daily Teachings for the past year, and it is because I have been practicing and and HE has been preparing me for these exact moments where life is difficult and HIS JOY is there for me, all I have to do is choose it.

It has been through HIS Daily Teachings that I am learning how to deal with difficult circumstances, as I am choosing daily to dedicate my life to doing HIS work.  I am also seeing a HUGE change in the way that I respond to the storms that brew in my life, because I am remember HIS Daily Teachings about choosing HIS JOY, so that I will be able to get through anything that comes my way.

HE is wanting me to always remember that my days of acting childish are gone, therefore I must choose to dedicate my life to living according to HIS will, and HIS plans for my life.  HE is telling me that I must choose to seek HIM, and allow HIM to draw me near to HIM so that HE can, will and does, teach, lead, and guide me on my journey towards wholeness. 

" When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me." 1 Corinthians 13:11

HE is defining what dedicate means for me in my life, by the choices that I make daily, in choosing to be lead by HIS HOLY SPIRIT, and NOT by my "feelings."  HE is telling me that when I choose to dedicate my life, I can't just do this once, I have to make this choice daily to dedicate my life, by seeking HIM and asking HIM what it is that HE wants me to do that day.  HE is telling me that just as I prayed yesterday for HIM to change my heart, and to allow me to be used as blessing for someone else, I must choose to doing this daily.  HE is letting me know that this is why that it is imperative, that not only do I keep my ears open so that I can hear HIS whispers, but so that I will be able to heed HIS whispers.  

"Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship." Romans 12:1

HE is letting me know that when I choose to dedicate my life this means that I am saying, "LORD I want what you want.  LORD I think what you want me to think, in the way that you think of things.  LORD I will choose to speak YOUR words, life building, life breathing, encouraging, loving, kind words.  I will do whatever you call me to do, what ever you have written for me to do in this life that was designed specifically and perfectly for me.  A life that has been written on purpose, for YOUR purpose to do YOUR will and to live out YOUR plans for my life.  LORD here am I, send me.  LORD today I dedicate my life to YOU, use me in a BIG way to bless others, to think, speak, and live out YOUR truth so that YOUR message of HOPE will be heard by the masses.  LORD let every part of me be pleasing, honoring and good to YOU.  In YOUR HOLY name I pray, Amen."

Dear Friends, I pray today that you will know that HE is there, and HE is waiting for you to dedicate your life to HIM.  I pray that you will know that when you come into a relationship with HIM, HE can, will, and does rescue you, when you choose to live out HIS plans and HIS will for your life.  I pray that you will be filled with HIS peace and comfort in  knowing that even though things may be unbearable in this moment that HE is there, ready to take it all from you.  I pray today that you will have the courage to dedicate your life to doing HIS good works, so that you too will be one step closer to wholeness in your journey with HIM.

Many prayers and blessings,
Heather 

No comments:

Post a Comment