Tuesday, June 17, 2014

mature

Every morning I wake up with the anticipation of what HE is going to be speaking to me about.  I wish I could say that for the past 11 years of my life that this were the case.  Sadly, it is NOT, and honestly it didn't become a part of my life until a year ago when I finally decided to truly follow HIM, and NOT look back.

HIS Daily Teachings today is showing me what it means for me to be a mature CHRISTIAN.  HE is wanting me to know that in order for me to live as a mature CHRISTIAN, I must first seek HIS kingdom, and all will be revealed to me so that I will be able to live my life according to HIS will.  

HE has given me sort of a checklist this morning to follow to show me what being mature means for me.

~ Being mature means I must act like JESUS, NOT just "act" like I know HIM

~ Being mature means I must seek HIM to know and study all of HIS word, NOT just repeat HIS word

~ Being mature means I must choose to study HIS word, daily so that I will be able to live my life according to HIS plans, HIS purpose, and HIS will for my life.

~ Being mature means that I must choose to seek HIM, and allow HIM to teach, lead, and guide me in everything I do

~ Being mature means that NOT only must I seek HIM, but I must choose to let go of my foolish "thinking" that I have it all figured out

~ Being mature means that I must trust HIM that HIS timing, and HIS provision are perfect

~ Being mature means that I must choose to be patient while I am waiting through HIS timing, and HIS provision

"to keep this command without spot or blame until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ,  which God will bring about in his own time—God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords" 1 Timothy 6:14-15

~ Being mature means that while practicing being patient, I will follow HIS commands so that I will be able to live my life according to HIS will

"Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.  And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us." Romans 5:1-5

~ Being mature means that I must choose to let go of my thinking, speaking, and acting UNGODLY

~ Being mature means that I must choose to let go of my foolish and selfish ways

~ Being mature means that I must understand that NOT everything is about me

~ Being mature means that I must understand that I am HIS vessel to reach others through my story which is HIS message of HOPE

~ Being mature means that I must choose to let go of my incessant need to talk about myself

~ Being mature means that I must seek HIM and speak ONLY HIS words

"If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God." 1 Peter 4:11

~ Being mature means letting go of my childish ways, whenever things don't go "my way"

" Brothers and sisters, stop thinking like children. In regard to evil be infants, but in your thinking be adults." 1 Corinthians 14:20

~ Being mature means I must choose to speak lovingly and kind to others

~ Being mature means I must NOT tear other people down with my words, in "thinking" that it is ever my place to set them straight

~ Being mature means that I let go of "thinking" that I have someone else's problems all figured out, that I trust HIM, and know that HE is the only who does have them all figured out

~ Being mature means that in everything I do needs to be for HIS glory, and NOT my own

" If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen." 1 Peter 4:11

~ Being mature means that I won't just do things for my benefit, rather because I want and desire to be in right standing with HIM

~ Being mature means that I will want to help HIM do things, NOT just have HIM help me do things

~ Being mature means that in helping HIM do things, I will know and understand that is when I will be answering HIS calling for my life

~ Being mature means my behavior is pleasing, and honoring to HIM

~ Being mature means that I will be filled by HIS peace, and HIS true JOY when I choose to align my thoughts, words, and actions to HIS will for my life

"Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ" Romans 5:1

~ Being mature means all of my guilt, shame, and insecurity will be washed away through HIS love, HIS grace, and HIS mercy

~ Being mature means that I won't hold on to those burdens that Satan "tries" daily to get me to pick back up

~ Being mature means knowing and understanding that I can cast ALL of my fears onto HIM

"Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you;he will never let the righteous be shaken." Psalm 55:22

~ Being mature means that I know that HE truly does love and care for me, as HE has proven HIMSELF time and again to me

~ Being mature means that I will know that my worth is found only in HIM

~ Being mature means letting go of my need to please others

~ Being mature means that the only one I need to please is HIM as HE truly does know what is best for me

~ Being mature means knowing, and understand what it means to be truly set apart


"Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will." Romans 12:1-2


~ Being mature means choosing daily to pick up my cross and follow HIM so that I will be answering HIS calling for my life

"Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me." Luke 9:23

~ Being mature means knowing and understanding the power in my words that can either speak life or speak death into others

"The tongue has the power of life and death,and those who love it will eat its fruit." Proverbs 18:21

~ Being mature means I must choose to dedicate my life to HIM by choosing to NOT speak negatively about anyone or anything

" Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths,but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen" Ephesians 4:29

~ Being mature means I must choose to let go of my whining and complaining ways

"Do everything without grumbling or arguing" Philippians 2:14

~ Being mature means that I must choose to run as far away as I can get from gossip being told to me, or participating by gossiping by choosing to speak HIS words, HIS truth about gossip

"A perverse person stirs up conflict,and a gossip separates close friends." Proverbs 16:28

"Those who guard their mouths and their tongues keep themselves from calamity." Proverbs 21:23

"A gossip betrays a confidence; so avoid anyone who talks too much." Proverbs 20:19

~ Being mature means I must choose to let go of my opinionated ways as clearly I do NOT know everything

~ Being mature means I must keep my mind focused on thinking, speaking, and doing what HE is telling me to do, NOT what the world is telling me to do

~ Being mature means keeping my nose out of someone else's relationship with HIM

~ Being mature means letting go of my incessant need to help others, when it isn't my place nor my calling to help them in the first place

~ Being mature means that NOT every thought that I have must come to fruition and out of my mouth

~ Being mature means I must choose to let go of my judgemental attitude that goes strictly against HIS word

~ Being mature means that I will see others as HE sees them, therefore I will value them as HE values them

~ Being mature means that I will no longer live with comparison, competitive, jealous, or an envious nature

~ Being mature means that in every area of my  life I will strive to be more CHRIST LIKE

~ Being mature means that each day that I am being given to live my life, I will desire to grow and be strengthened  in my FAITH in HIM

"GOD has not given us HIS amazing HOLY SPIRIT for common and ordinary living" Joyce Meyer "Change Your Words, Change Your Life"

~ Being mature means that know and understand that it is impossible to serve two masters ~ In CHRIST and CHRIST alone is WHO I am to serve

"No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other." Matthew 6:24

HE is really pressing into me today HIS truth about the dangers of gossiping, and allow other's to gossip to me.  Never before have I understood exactly what HIS words says about unwholesome talk, slander, and gossiping.  Today I am choosing to seek HIS kingdom first so that in everything I think, say, or do will be pleasing and honoring to HIM.  Today I am understanding even more about what being mature means for me. 

"We serve a great and amazing GOD -- HE wants us to be transformed into HIS image" Joyce Meyer "Change Your Words, Change Your Life"  

HE is reminding me once again that because I know I was made in HIS image for HIS purpose I must choose to dedicate my life to live according to HIS plans, and HIS will for my life.  HE is letting me know that when I choose to dedicate my life daily to HIM that is how I know that I am being a mature CHRISTIAN.

My Dear Friends, I pray today that you will have the courage to seek HIS kingdom first in your life, so that you will know that HE truly does love and care for you the most.  I pray that you will be able to say NO to what the world is telling you to do, so that HE will be able to grow and strengthen your FAITH in HIM.  I pray that through each trial, test, and storm you will become more mature in your FAITH.  I pray that you will be able to feel HIS presence and know of HIS goodness and mercy which are being poured over your life each time that you choose to dedicate to live your life according to HIS will.  Friends, I pray for HIS many blessings and favor to be poured over you today when you choose to seek HIM, and ask HIM to teach, lead, and guide you through your transformations and breakthroughs.

Blessings,
Heather 



No comments:

Post a Comment