Tuesday, June 24, 2014

shaken

"Whatever will come our way. Through fire or pouring rain.  We won't be shaken" Building 429 "We Won't be Shaken"

As each storm passes through my life, I tend to forget to stand firm in my FAITH, and allow HIM to create in me courage with HIS true confidence, to live out my life with HIS GODLY character.  Instead of allowing HIM to lead me, I lead myself, and well to be honest, right off a cliff.  No matter how hard I "try" to keep it together, and repeat HIS promises over and over, I allow my FAITH to be shaken.

HIS Daily Teachings today is reminding me once again that in the storms in my life, I must choose to stand firm in my FAITH in HIM, and TRUST HIM that HE is going to work everything that is wrong out, and make it for HIS good.  HE is telling me that I must NOT let my fear of being shaken over-ride HIS promises for me, as I know, as HE has proven it time and again to me that No matter what happens to me, I know that I am NOT forsaken.  

HE is telling me once again that HE sees me, and HE knows how I am going to react, even before the storm comes rolling into my life.  HE is wanting me to know that it isn't just through the storms in my life, but through every single situation that I find myself in, HE is there, and HE already knows how I am going to react and what I am going to say.  This for me is difficult, as HE is the only ONE WHO knows how long I will be this hott mess when I allow myself to be shaken.

Last night was a perfect example of how I allowed myself to manipulated in my thoughts, and therefore my words were wrong, and I didn't speak according to HIS word.  I had once again allowed myself to be shaken.  This morning HE is meeting me right where I am, and teaching me that when I seek HIM, and ask HIM to teach me how to speak, HE can, will, and does every single time.  

This past Sunday our Pastor delivered a message about how HE is GREATER than our Sundays.  Since then I can't stop thinking about this one thing he said, "instead of asking GOD to help you with what you want to do, why don't you tell GOD that you want to be a part of whatever HE is doing."  This was like a HUGE punch in the face for me, (one I truly needed) as for so long I have been only focused on myself, that I haven't even thought about what HE is doing in the lives around me, and the lives that I encounter on a daily basis. 

HE is wanting me to know that it is time that I see things through HIS vision, so that whenever I encounter someone I will say, "GOD I want to know what you are doing here, and I want to be a part of it.  Use me LORD as a living vessel to be YOUR hands and feet, to bring YOUR KINGDOM of HEAVEN here to Earth."  HE is telling me that when I choose to live my life this way, it won't matter what storms may brew and roll into my life, or the lives around me.  HE is wanting me to know that when I choose to stand firm in my FAITH and seek HIS vision, I will then be able to boldly declare HIS promises, and it is then that I won't be shaken.

HE is reminding me once again that I must choose HIS JOY when I am suffering, as I know that is when HE is teaching me to TRUST HIM with absolutely everything in my life.  HE is wanting me to know that when I choose to TRUST HIM, HE sees that, and not only does HE see, HE can, will, and does double my blessings for my trouble.  

" But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. “Do not fear their threats ; do not be frightened.” 1 Peter 3:14

"Instead of your shame you will receive a double portion, and instead of disgrace you will rejoice in your inheritance. And so you will inherit a double portion in your land,and everlasting joy will be yours." Isaiah 61:7

This morning I am hearing HIS message loud and clear, that I must choose HIS JOY when I am suffering, and it is when I live with HIS JOY that I know that I won't be shaken.  HE is telling me that choosing JOY means that I must choose to sow the right seeds (speak the right words, behave the way HE is wanting me to behave, and live according to HIS will) so that I will then reap an amazing harvest (HIS blessings will overflow in my life, and my life will truly be HIS living testament of HIS goodness, and HIS faithfulness.)

HE is reminding me once again that every single test, trial, and storm in my life has a purpose.  HE is teaching me that the purpose is so that I will come to depend on HIM, and HIM alone that no matter what is happening my life, or the lives around me, when the storms roll in I won't be shaken.  HE is teaching me that HIS purpose for the storms in my life have been designed to strengthen, grow, to shape, and to mold me into a woman with GODLY character.  

So often I forget that things are not always about me, that HE is at work on something much bigger than I could possibly know or see.  In knowing this, I know that I must choose to get my mind off of myself, and get my heart and mind aligned to HIS will for my life, that way when I find myself becoming overwhelmed, I won't allow myself to be shaken.

HE is reminding me of the storms in my life where I have allowed myself to be shaken so badly that I have become angry with HIM, instead of pressing into HIM, and seeking HIM, and asking HIM to carry me through the storms.  No I, Heather in my stubbornness, and foolish pride, decided to do things my way, and not realizing that my way was allowing Satan the free access to ensure that I would be shaken in my FAITH. 

HE is telling me that it is those times that I have allowed myself to be shaken that I have forgotten one the most important things about my FAITH and TRUST in HIM, and that is patience.  HE is telling me that when I pray for patience, I must understand that the only way I will ever have patience, is when I am put through a storm, and I press into HIM, and press through HIM to get to the other side of the storm.  HE is wanting me to know that my days of going through a storm, and allowing myself to be shaken are NO more. HE is  wanting me to really know and understand that by now, I surely after everything, that I have been through, that HE has revealed to me, that "whatever will come my way, through fire or pouring rain, I WON'T BE SHAKEN!"  

"I wonder how many times we get a little storm in life, and turn it into a tornado through speaking negatively"  Joyce Meyer, "Change Your Words, Change Your Life"

Oh how these words ring true to my ears this morning.  HE is showing me that in my past, I have allowed the little storms in my life, to become massive raging storms, when I have allowed myself to be shaken.  One of the hardest storms that I remember being shaken was when I got my wires all crossed on how to help someone.  Not only did I NOT help them, but I alienated people, and I "tried" to make things go according to my will because after all it was what I wanted.  In seeking my will, I allowed myself to be shaken in the worst possible way, and I became extremely vulnerable in my walk with HIM, and allow myself to be taken out of my purpose in life, and as a result other people (my sweet husband and amazing five children) suffered for it.  

"That day when evening came, he said to his disciples, “Let us go over to the other side.” Leaving the crowd behind, they took him along, just as he was, in the boat. There were also other boats with him.  A furious squall came up, and the waves broke over the boat, so that it was nearly swamped. Jesus was in the stern, sleeping on a cushion. The disciples woke him and said to him, “Teacher, don’t you care if we drown?”  He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, “Quiet! Be still!” Then the wind died down and it was completely calm.  He said to his disciples, “Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?” They were terrified and asked each other, “Who is this? Even the wind and the waves obey him!”

He is telling me that the when the storms roll into my life, I must choose to stand firm in my FAITH and TRUST HIM that HE will bring me to the other side.  HE is wanting me to know that it is during the storms of my life, that I must choose to BE QUIET, and BE STILL, as I know HE is going to work out everything for my own good.  HE is telling me that I must NOT allow myself to be shaken because of my fear of the storm, rather I must choose to seek HIM, and ask HIM to create in me a strong heart, that is overflowing with FAITH in HIM, that HE can, will, and does love and know me best and that HE would NEVER do anything  to hurt, but to help me, and build me strong, so that I would be able to encourage other to seek HIM so that they too won't be shaken in the storms of their lives.

Dear Friends, I pray today that you will know that no matter what you may be going through, what your troubles are, HE is there. I pray that you will feel HIS presence and know that HE already has your problems worked out for your own good.  I pray that you will know that whatever comes your way, through fire or pouring rain, you won't be shaken, as HE is creating you HIS true confidence as you choose to stand firm in your FAITH that HE can, and will work everything out for your own good.  I pray today that you will have the courage to seek HIM, and ask HIM to teach, lead, and guide you through the storm, so that you too won't be shaken.

With much love, prayers, understanding, and compassion,

Heather 




No comments:

Post a Comment