Wednesday, April 22, 2015

crabby vs. content

Okay so confession time...... yesterday was NOT a day that I am proud of, nor do I ever want to relive.  Yesterday in fact I had the WORST attitude that I have had in quite some time.  So much in fact that HE woke me up this morning at 4 am to let me know that my tantrum time was over, and it was time for HIM to continue doing a good work in me, and that meant that I needed to NOT only get my heart right with HIM, but also my thoughts, words, and actions.  

"A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit." Matthew 7:18

Yesterday I was less than honoring in ALL of those things.  So much in fact in thinking about the things I said and did yesterday because of how I felt, I know that I pretty much just jumped off the cliff of honoring HIM.  To be honest, I was tired, I was upset at people, and well I was just plain crabby.  At every turn yesterday I was met with opposition, meaning I didn't agree with what people were saying or doing in my life, and the more I was confronted, the angrier I got, the more I cursed, and cursing became my form of communication.  It didn't matter that I knew I wasn't being honoring, I was upset, I was discontented, I was angry, and overall I was just crabby.

"In your anger do not sin”: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry" Ephesians 4:26

HIS Daily Teachings today is taking me straight back to yesterday and showing me where HE was speaking straight to my heart, yet I wasn't having any of it.  So much at one point I was talking to my brother about how I felt about certain things, and I cursed, and said, "please don't tell this person that I did that...."  guilt was rising, but so was my anger. At every turn yesterday HE was sending me HIS whispers, and as each minute passed on the clock, I became even more crabby.

"Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen."Ephesians 4:29

It is of no surprise to me that my devotional was about bearing good fruit.  As soon as I read the title, I cringed..... I knew.... and in that very moment I was so incredibly thankful for HIS promise that HE fulfills ALL of the time that HIS mercies are new every morning.  As I began to read HIS word, ALL of the events of yesterday flooded my mind, and I knew that it was time for me to get my heart right with HIM.  It was time for me to choose.... It was battle time of crabby vs. content.

"Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassion's never fail. They are new every morning;great is your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22-23

HE is wanting me to know that being crabby is the worlds answer to ALL of life's problems. Especially when life isn't going my way.  So much in fact it encourages, it entices me, and ultimately deceives me by telling me that its completely understandable why I am being the way that I am, and saying the things that I am saying.  After all I have suffered an unthinkable loss of my precious son, so that pretty much gives me a free pass, to think, say, and do whatever makes me FEEL better.  

"Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows." Galatians 6:7

HE is reminding me that I am NOT of this world, therefore I cannot expect for worldly answers to my life's problems.  Instead I must seek HIM, and ask HIM to calm my racing heart, and fill my thoughts, words, and actions with things that are noble, lovely, and true.  It other words, things that HE would think, say and do, because HE is JESUS CHRIST my SAVIOR and because I was so lovingly created to BE just like HIM in ALL of my thoughts, words, and actions.

" Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." Philippians 4:8

Oh how quickly I jumped off the cliff yesterday of reason, and dived right into the dishonoring sea of insults, cursing, and negativity.  HE is telling me that HE understands WHY I feel the way I do, but that isn't an excuse to be anything less than GOD honoring in ALL of my thoughts, words, and actions.  YIKES!!! HE is calling me out in the most loving way onto the carpet and letting me know that though there isn't any condemnation in CHRIST JESUS, HE is still going to hold me accountable for ALL of my thoughts, words, and actions.  

"Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus" Romans 8:1

" Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be silenced and the whole world held accountable to God." Romans 3:19

HE is reminding me that in my choosing to pick up my cross daily and follow HIM means that I am HIS Ambassador.  This means that I represent HIM, NOT this world.  HE is reminding me once again the utmost importance of LIVING in this world, but knowing that it is NOT my home.  Today HE is filling me with HIS loving reminder of HIS perspective which is a Heavenly Perspective.  Today HE is wanting me to know that I must guard my every thought as if I don't how quickly I will find myself standing on the edge of the cliff, and rest assured that it won't take much for me to jump off.

"Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me." Luke 9:23

"Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it." Proverbs 4:23

HE is wanting me to know that in putting on HIS new nature means that I now have HIS wisdom, and that means that though the world is angering me, HE is wanting me to know that in HIM, always in HIM is where I will find total peace and contentment.  HE is telling me that I never have to worry whether or NOT HE sees the unfair things that are happening to me, or how others are speaking to me.  HE is reminding me that when I seek HIM, HE will fill me with HIS strength to withstand, to endure the harshness of this world.  

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!" 2 Corinthians 5:17

"And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:7

HE is reminding me once again that I live in HIS Kingdom and that means that I am to be doing GOOD WORKS for HIS Kingdom, not spreading hateful, hurtful, dishonoring behavior all around.  This very thought makes me cringe, as I know yesterday I did just that. In knowing that I am even more convinced that I couldn't possible live even a moment of this life on my own, as how quickly I become weak when I am NOT tapped into HIS unending reservoir of HIS living water, that enables me to speak Life.  

" being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6

" Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will." Romans 12:2

" Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.” John 7:38

HE is reminding me once again that though I am living in HIS Kingdom in my thoughts, words, and actions, I am still living in this world, as I must NEVER forget that this world is the devils playground.  HE is letting me know this morning that rather than letting me fall even further into the sea of negativity HE is wanting to pour HIS contentment in me, so that when I find myself back on the battle field of crabby vs. content I will remember what my ONE day was like without HIM, and remember how horrible I felt, and how at the end of the day I was repenting as asking HIM to create in me a clean heart. 

" For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want." Galatians 5:17

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me." Psalm 51:10

This morning HE has once again captured my heart and full attention to understand and know that without HIM living this life in an honoring way is impossible.  Therefore, I must choose to NEVER be apart from HIM, rather I must be pressing in, and leaning into HIS good works, HIS words, and HIS love.  I must choose to react to the circumstances of my life in the way that brings ALL PRAISE, HONOR, and GLORY to HIM.  

“You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things,and by your will they were created and have their being.” Revelation 4:11
HE is asking me to TRUST HIM that in HIS timing and through HIS provision HE will make all that is wrong, unfair, and cruel good in my life.  HE is wanting me to know that this doesn't mean that things will be easy, but with HIM, and through HIM it will be possible.  HE is telling me that today is HIS gift to me, to do things HIS way, to seek HIM, to think, say, and do things that will be honoring to HIM.  HE is wanting me to know that when I do, HE will get the GLORY, and I will be on the receiving end of HIS amazing love, an favor being poured into and through my life.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

For this very reason is WHY I am declaring once again that I have decided to follow JESUS, and there is NO turning back.  For this very reason I am choosing to say that when I find myself back on the battlefield of crabby vs. content I am choosing content as I know that ALL I want is to be close to HIM, as when I am close to HIM, with HIM it's the only time I feel as if though I can conquer this life that is full of hardships, tests, trials, and storms.

" May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had" Romans 15:5

My Dear Brothers and Sisters in CHRIST JESUS, it is my prayer that in my transparency that you will SEE that even those strong in FAITH have bad days.  It doesn't mean that we are giving up, rather that even being CHRIST-like there is still a real battle of the flesh vs. spirit  a.k.a crabby vs. content.  I pray today that you will know that only way to choose is content as that is where you will find HIS goodness, HIS mercy, HIS grace, and be filled by HIS love. I pray today that if you too are struggling with things being unfair in your life, that you will have the courage to let go of doing things your way, the worlds way, and choose to seek HIM, and allow HIM to teach, lead, and guide you to do things HIS way.  I pray that when you do HE will overflow your life in abundance with HIS blessings and favor.

Always with great compassion and understanding with HIS love, peace, and grace,

Your Sister in CHRIST JESUS,

~ Heather 

No comments:

Post a Comment