Monday, March 10, 2014

Daily Security

"God doesn't want to be just your "spare tire." 

When I think back to the first time I read that, or heard that, I remember thinking, "well that's NOT me, after all I believe in CHRIST. "  Shortly after that first time HE began to say to me, "Heather, why don't you BELIEVE me?  I know you BELIEVE in me, but why don't you BELIEVE me?"   This was a question that would stick with me for years, and is now going on it's 5th year.  

HIS Daily Teachings today has really brought it all home for me as to what it means for me to really BELIEVE HIM.  It all started yesterday morning as I was journaling, and the thought of how much I desire Daily Security, the more of HIM, and so much less of me concept just kept speaking to me.  In fact that was my prayer that morning.  True to HIS word, HE spoke volumes to me about the more Daily Security I was desiring. 

What was even more awesome is that HIS Daily Teaching didn't stop there but continued when I got to church and heard the message for the day.  It was as if though GOD was speaking directly to me through my Pastor.  As I began taking notes on the message the words Daily Security kept going off like sirens in my head.  I couldn't help but to laugh and smile, as it has been HIS greatest gift to me in showing me WHO HE is in my life, and WHAT HE is doing in my life.  It is now my understanding of what HE has been asking me for the past 5 years that I am really understanding what HE means.

HIS Daily Teachings today continued on with Daily Security while I was watching JOYCE MEYER, of course, I smiled once again, as I heard HIM say, "I will be your EVERYTHING, I am in EVERYTHING, and I heard your cry yesterday asking me to be your EVERYTHING!"

While I was getting ready for church yesterday I was listening to praise music on my phone, and the song "Be My Everything" Tim Hughes came to my mind, and as I was curling my hair, I stopped and raised both of my arms high into the air and said, "LORD JESUS I NEED YOU TO BE MY EVERYTHING!"  

All throughout my day yesterday I was signing that song.  Even while I was shopping!  I am sure I got a few looks, but honestly I didn't care, because I was singing to HIM, and my relationship is worth the few strange looks I got, because if I have realized anything it's this.  I don't care who hears me or sees me.  I don't care where I am, or what I am doing, if I feel the desire to praise HIM, I can, will and DO praise HIM no matter what!  I have learned that my desire for Daily Security that I receive through HIS promises for my life far outweighs any temporary "feelings" of goodness that comes from this world.  In other words, I am much better off seeking HIS will for my life, then following what the world is telling me to do.

My power thought for yesterday is still speaking to me today, " GOD's power is in me, and energizes me to do HIS good pleasure!"  HE is wanting me to have the passion I need to enjoy my life by following HIS will.  HE doesn't want me to just simply "endure" my life on a daily basis, but rather life an abundant life, as I am being filled by the Daily Security of HIS promises as to WHO HE is in my life, WHAT HE is doing, and WHAT HE will continue to do for me as I continue to seek HIM, and ask HIM to teach, lead, and guide me through every single moment of my journey towards wholeness with HIM.

"and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power" Ephesians 1:19

HE is wanting me to  know that HE is my HOPE and my LIGHT that casts out the shadows of doubt when the darkness "tries" to pull me in.    HE is telling me that when I am in a sea of doubt and confusion, all I need to do is seek HIM, and HE will fill me with Daily Security of HIS promise that HE has made specifically for my life.  HE is showing me what that Daily Security has looked like in my past, what it looks like now, and what it will look like in my future.

HE is wanting me to know that with HIM change is possible.  HE is teaching me that in order to obtain the Daily Security that I am desperate for, I must be willing to let HIM change me.  HE is telling me that this means letting go of doing things "my way," and seeking HIS will for my life, and partnering with HIM to do good works in my life.  HE is teaching me that in order to live a fully abundant life, I must choose HIS will for my life, and not mine.

Renee Swope writes in "A confident Heart"  " We need hope that life can be different, otherwise, doubt will win every time and our hearts will be eroded by attitudes and emotions of defeat."

My nine year old daughter has really been struggling in school.  So much that D and I have had to spend many nights helping her.  It has come to the point where we spend so much time teaching her at home, we had to ask ourselves, "why are we not homeschooling?"  If I were to be really honest, my answer was because, well I just want things to be easy for me.  With that, HE let me know that I wasn't chosen to be her Mama so I would have an easy life, but rather so that I would be able to train her up right so that her life would glorify HIM.  HE is wanting me to know that HE isn't interested in making sure that I am comfortable, but HE does promise that HE will be with me every single step of the way.

This morning is the first morning that I will be homeschooling her, and I am happy to say that I am prepared.  That I took the time for preparation for today where HE equipped me to be her teacher once again.  It has been by HIS gift of true confidence that HE has building within me, that has allowed me to see that the very things I have struggled with in my past do NOT have a place in my present or my future.  HE is wanting me to know that with every breath that I take is another chance to live of HIS promises for me as I live with HIS Daily Security.

HE is wanting me to know that in knowing this and understanding this, it is what has taken me from BELIEVING in HIM, to BELIEVING HIM.  HE is telling me that I must live by HIS word, as HIS word is TRUTH, and in choosing to LIVE by HIS word, I will gain HIS true confidence that will bring me the Daily Security I am desperate for.  I am learning that in choosing to BELIEVE HIM means I will have true confidence of WHO I am, because I will have true confidence of WHOSE I am.

"The GOD of hope is calling you out of the shadow of your doubts so you can live with a confident heart."  Renee Swope "A Confident Heart."

HE is wanting me to know that in order to obtain HIS Daily Security of HIS promises I must choose to seek HIM and allow HIS word to transform and renew my heart, soul, and mind.  HE is wanting me to know that in choosing to do those things, that is when I will become more of HIM, and so much less of me.

"And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God." Romans 12:2

I am realizing that HIS Daily Teachings is building my Daily Security through HIM, and HIS promises for my life just by my getting up every morning and saying, "LORD JESUS I need so much more of YOU, and so much less of me."  

"Praying GOD's word has been the most life-changing ways I've learned to live in security of HIS promises."  Renee Swope "A Confident Heart."

I could have written that statement myself, as it has been so true for my life.  I can honestly say that before I made the decision to follow JESUS fully with ALL of my heart, soul, mind & strength, I wasn't really living.  I was merely "enduring and surviving."  I can honestly say now that in the past 10 months I have really been living.  HE has taken me to a place of understanding, and given me such a peace about WHO I am, because I have finally begun to understand WHOSE I am.  

HIS Daily Security has been such a wonderful gift, of which I didn't even realize I had until just this past weekend.  I love how as each day passes HE brings me to the next level of my FAITH in HIM.  I am honored that HE has chosen me to live out this life that I have been blessed with.  Through all the heartache, tears, and pain, I am thankful, as it is what makes me WHO I am , because I now have HIS gift of Daily Security of WHOSE I am.

I pray today that HE becomes more than just your "spare tire."  I pray today that you will have the courage to seek HIM, and say, "LORD without you I can do nothing, I am nothing, I need you LORD I need YOU to change me, I need YOU to lead me, tell me what it is that I need to do, and to know, and I will do it!"  I pray that when you do that HE will bless your life in abundance, and that HIS favor and blessings will be poured over not only your life, but the lives of whom you bear witness to just by the way you are choosing to live.  I pray today that you too will seek HIS Daily Security of the promises HE has for your life.  I pray that you too will go from your basic knowledge of BELIEVING in HIM to true confidence in BELIEVING HIM.

Blessings,
Heather 






No comments:

Post a Comment