Wednesday, March 19, 2014

stand firm

"My heart will sing no other name, JESUS, JESUS"

This morning I woke up singing that very verse! It was 4:20 a.m. as I quietly made my way downstairs to spend time in HIS word.  Just like every other morning, I picked up my journal and wrote out that verse, and then I wrote this to my HEAVENLY FATHER: "running straight to YOUR arms  this morning.  I need YOU LORD to cleanse me, and make me new.  Fill me with YOUR word today!"

For the longest time, I have relied on books to teach me what GOD's word means for my life.  However, in seeking more of HIM, HE has let me know that it is now time for me, to dig deep into HIS word, to be studying it, and to allow HIM to teach me what HIS word means for my life.

HIS Daily Teachings today is showing me how I must choose to stand firm in making wise decisions for my life.  In fact, HIS teaching was reiterated through today's Power Thought which is: "I have discernment to make wise decisions by putting GOD first in EVERYTHING"  HIS Daily Teachings continued on through my Spiritual Warfare devotional in leading me straight to HIS word which solidified what it means for me to stand firm.

" Jesus replied, “Truly I tell you, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.” Matthew 21:21-22

If that wasn't enough for me, after reading through 1 Peter Chapters 4 and 5, and reading all about, and studying HIS word about how I need to stand firm, I then turned on the t.v. and listened to JOYCE MEYER speak about what it means for us to stand firm.  She went on to preach about how we aren't just to read HIS word, but to study HIS word, to meditate on HIS word, to roll HIS word over and over in our minds, to seek HIS word, so that in our times of trial and suffering we will be able to stand firm.

If ever I wonder whether or NOT I am hearing HIS word right, I am thankful that HE sends me several layers of teachings, through several different resources.  Today however the most comforting to me has been HIS word, as it is written, and today I am being filled with HIS true confidence that I am able to read my FATHER in HEAVENS word, and, not just read it, but study it, and apply it to my life, so that when the enemy comes prowling around I will be able to stand firm.

This morning HE has broken it down for me about what stand firm means for me.  HE is telling me that it means living for HIM!  NOT living for my impulses, and instant gratification that I so foolishly choose on a daily basis.  In case we haven't met, Hi, I'm Heather, and I make very impulsive, and foolish decisions on a daily basis.  If that isn't foolish enough, I also have a very addictive personality.  Meaning, I become easily addicted to the very things that HE is trying to rid me of, and foolishly pick them right back up thinking that I know what is best for me.  

HE is wanting me to know that in order to overcome these strongholds in my life, I must choose to stand firm in HIS truth, HIS word, so that I will be set free.  HE is teaching me that I must choose to practice self control and I must learn to say NO to foolish impulsive decisions in my life, as they are NOT good for me.  HE is filling me with HIS loving reminders this morning, that each of those impulsive decisions haven't done anything for me, but left me "feeling" more broken, and alone.

" The end of all things is near. Therefore be alert and of sober mind so that you may pray." 1 Peter 4:7

HE is wanting me to know that HE doesn't want me "feeling," but rather HE wants me knowing, BELIEVING, living, trusting that HE is THE GOD WHO SAVES!  That HE truly does know what is best for me, therefore I must choose to listen to HIS teachings, so that I will be able to stand firm when temptations come knocking.

One of my biggest temptations that I struggle with daily is food.  Not really food, but beverages, coffee, and tea to be exact.  It would be okay if I drank them plain, but NO not me, I drink them loaded with sugar and flavor. These decisions that I am choosing daily are wreaking all sorts of havoc throughout my body.  As each day passes I keep putting these toxic drinks into my body, promising that I won't over do it, but then another temptation arises, and I find myself becoming weak, and give into the instant gratification in telling myself yes, as I have even adopted this saying, "it's like heaven in a cup."  

This morning HE is showing me how foolish I have become in my thinking, and how loosely I have thrown my words around.  HE is wanting me to know that HE is wanting me to receive true freedom in this area of my life, but in order to do so, I must choose to stand firm.

This is hard for me, because well frankly, I DON'T like being told what to do!  Especially when it comes to things that I like, however since throughout my walk with HIM, and because of my FAITH in HIM, I know that HE is revealing this to me for my own good.

This morning HE is revealing to me that when I choose immediate satisfaction, it means that I am simply just giving in to the temptations of my life, when really HE is asking me trust HIM, that HE can, will and does work out everything for my own good when I choose to deny myself, and seek HIM, and ask HIM to show me what decisions I am to be making.  I am learning that through HIS word, and HIS Daily Teachings that I don't just want an "easy" life, I want/need an EVERLASTING life.

HE is wanting me to know that in choosing to stand firm, that is when HIS glory will be revealed.  HE is telling me that whether I like it or not, all eyes are on me to see if I really am living with genuine faith, and really living my like according to HIS word.  HE is teaching me that this is HIS truth for my life, because I have chosen to deny myself and pick up my cross daily and am seeking HIM to teach, lead, and guide me through every single step of my journey towards wholeness with HIM.

"Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me." Luke 9:23

In choosing to follow HIM, and in needing MORE of HIM, I know that this is HIS plan, HIS purpose, and HIS will for my life.  I must choose to stand firm and deny myself, and commit to HIM, and allow HIM to teach, lead, and guide me through the tests and trials of my life.  I am realizing more and more everyday through  HIS word, that even my temptations, and strongholds are ALL a part of HIS plan for my life.  I am being filled with HIS true confidence that it is ALL for my own good, and ALL for HIS glory!

HE is wanting me to know that HIS purpose for revealing this to me is to show me that because I have been chosen to be a Shepherd for NOT only my children, but for everyone who reads this blog.  HE is telling me that I must choose to live with genuine faith and stand firm in HIS promises that HE has made for my life. HE is wanting me to know that when I do live my life in that way, I will then be able to live out HIS will for my life which it to bear witness to people, and share HIS glory that is to be revealed in their own lives.

This leaves me with the feeling of, "wow I never realized just by choosing to become addicted to coffee or tea could have such an impact on so many lives."  As funny as that sounds, I know that I am to take it as seriously as HIS word is, as I know, as HE has proven it time and again to me that HIS word is LIVING WATER for my soul.  HIS word cleanses me, renews me, and refines me.  HIS word is TRUTH, and the only truth I will ever need!  Therefore, I must choose to stand firm in my faith that HE  has been building in me, and will continue to build in me so that ALL praise, honor, glory, and power will be HIS!

I pray today that you will be comforted by my sharing my struggles with addicted and impulsive decision making.  I pray today that you will seek HIM and allow HIS truth to rule your life, to change your life, so that you too will receive HIS freedom that is truly HIS plan, HIS purpose, and HIS will for your life.

Blessings,
Heather 

No comments:

Post a Comment