Monday, March 31, 2014

Faithful

"I must stand firm in my faith as I have been chosen to encourage people to give them comfort through HIS hope which is my living testament.  HE is my light, my hope, and the very reason that I am able to live the life I have been given.  I know that through HIM I can endure anything, as HE will never leave me... ~ HE is FAITHFUL!"

This is what I wrote this morning when I finished my spiritual warfare devotional this morning.  How fitting it was that this is what my thoughts would be after spending the entire weekend with our last church family.  Yesterday I had the honor and the privilege to hear Pastor Brian Sanders, Elevate Church speak about why we worship HIM.  What praise does to our faith, when we choose to praise GOD no matter what we may be going through, praying through, HE is there, HE is FAITHFUL!

"Scars and struggles on the way, but with joy our hearts can say, Yes our hearts can say.  Never once did we ever walk alone.  Never once did you leave us on our own.  You are faithful GOD, you are faithful"  Matt Redman "Never Alone"

Yesterday I heard this song for the first time, and it was during that song that I raised both arms as high as I could reach.  As though I was being lifted up to HIM.  It was in that moment that a complete sense of thankfulness, and peace washed over me, as it was then I realized that HIM moving us from our home, leaving our beloved church, and starting over has been really ALL for HIS good, for HIS plan, and for HIS purpose.  

My thankfulness continued this morning as I was singing this song when I woke up.  I kept thinking about what my Pastor said yesterday about praise, and throughout my entire walk with HIM this morning I didn't stop praising HIM.  HIS Daily Teachings today is taking me through 1 John 3:1-24 to let me know that the reason I am able to know that HE is FAITHFUL is because I am a child of GOD.

I have always known in my mind that I am a child of GOD, but I can tell you that my heart never knew I was HIS child, and what that would mean for me. However through these past six months HE  has stripped me down, taken away ministry from my life, taken away the friendships that I once depended on, and made sure that I became solely dependent on HIM.  It has been through this time that HE has revealed HIS faithfulness to me, that HE is always there no matter how hard I may fall.  That no matter what I do or say, NOTHING, not ONE thing could EVER separate me from HIM, or HIM from me.  I am HIS, I am a child of GOD.

In studying HIS word this morning, I was struck by how fitting today's power thought would be to HIS teachings today.  "I have absolute faith, trust, and confidence in GOD!"  Seven months ago I would have been able to say the same thing, however throughout the storm that would come crashing in our lives, I fell flat, and sometimes cried, "why GOD, why did YOU take it all away?"  

I am humbled enough today to say, that I am so incredibly thankful that HE is showing me just how FAITHFUL HE is to me, by loving me so much to ever let me think that I need anyone to help me grow in my relationship with HIM.  HE is wanting me to know that all it took was me seeking HIM, and telling HIM my desire to know HIM more.  HE is telling me that when I do that, as I do almost every single day, HE delights in that, as HE can't wait to reveal more to me.  

Through HIS faithfulness to me, I am realizing that though I may not always understand why, I am able to trust that HE is control, and I don't really need to understand the why of things.  HE is teaching me today that because I am finally BELIEVING and trusting that I am HIS child, I must understand that this is the very reason that the world will hate me.  This is the very reason that people will disagree with me, in speaking HIS truth.  This is the reason that I am a MISFIT as I am choosing to live with genuine FAITH of WHO HE is, and what HE has done, and what HE will continue to do.  HE is preparing my heart today so that I won't be hurt by the world not understanding me, as HE is reminding me once again that I am not of this world. HE is telling me that WHO HE is transforming me to be, will NOT be made fully  known until the day CHRIST JESUS returns.  Therefore, in the meantime, I must live with genuine faith, and seek HIM and ask HIM to teach, lead, and guide me to being WHO HE calls me to be.

"See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known." 1 John 3:1-2

Through HIS word this morning HE is once again sending me HIS loving reminder that HE is coming back! I know this to be true, as I know that HIS word is true, and HE is FAITHFUL!  HE is telling me I must be ready, I must prepare my heart, soul, and mind for HIS return!  I must continue to tell HIS word, HIS truth to the masses that HE is GOD!  HE is showing me once again through HIS word that HE is powerful, HIS word is living water.  HE is reminding me once again that through this very storm that I have endured this past six months that HE is my light, and HE is my strength!

HE is preparing my heart, soul, and mind today to be ready, that readiness for me means that I must choose to be HOLY, as HE is HOLY.  This means that I must get my heart, soul, body, and mind focused on HIM, and asking HIM to create in me a new heart that loves just as HE loves.  I am learning that the days of doing whatever I want to do, eating whatever I want to eat, reading whatever I want to read, watching whatever I want to watch are over.  

HE is wanting me to understand that over doesn't have to be a negative way of thinking, but rather a positive one as in choosing to let go of doing things "my way" are what will make me right with HIM, and what will make me HOLY just as HE is HOLY.  I know this to be true, as HE has always been FAITHFUL to me in HIS teachings, as they have always been for my own good.  

It has been through the scars and struggles that I have received that HE is building me to be strong in be able to withstand, by standing firm in my faith in HIM that no matter what happens to me in this life, HE is with me.  That HE will never leave me.  Gone is my thinking of "why me GOD?"  I am finally understanding that nothing I will ever go through in my life will be a waste, but will be used for HIS good, as it is ALL apart of HIS plan, and HIS purpose to bring me to HIM, to make me HOLY, just as HE is HOLY.

In my next journey of becoming HOLY as HE is HOLY HE is working on my health.  This morning I began my new bible study by JOYCE MEYER titled Look Great, Feel Great.  Her words reminded me once again that I am HIS child, "You were put on this earth to spread GOD's love.  Nothing could be more valuable than that."  Wow, hearing that I am valuable, I matter, I mean something to HIM, blew me away. As I read even further these words stood out to me: "Only by keeping your spirit, soul, and body in tip-top condition can you truly do GOD's work."

" Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own" 
1 Corinthians 6:19

These were the words I have been needing to hear.  Two weekends ago D and I signed up at a health club and I have been working with a personal trainer, and nutritionist to help me get my health back on track.  HE has been telling me that in order for Mama to be able to take care of everyone, I must take care of Mama first.  This weekend I will be fasting for some tests to be run to show me just where my health stands at this point.  In two short weeks I will begin a detox program, and honestly I cannot wait.  

I am thankful this morning that because HE is FAITHFUL I know that HE has been working hard on my heart about my health.  HE is showing me once again that in seeking HIM to teach, lead, and guide me through this next step of my journey I will be able to endure the struggles, as HE is right there with me, every single step of my journey towards wholeness with HIM.

I pray today that you are struggling, you will know that HE is right there with you.  I pray today that HE will show you that HE is FAITHFUL and that you are never alone.  I pray that you will have the courage to tell yourself and the world no, and say YES to HIM.  I pray that when you do HE will transform and renew your heart, soul, body, and mind to become WHO HE wants you to become.  I pray for you to be filled with HIS peace, and comfort that HE has this all worked out for your own good.

Blessings,
Heather 



No comments:

Post a Comment