Monday, May 19, 2014

Able

For as long as I can remember in the "heat of the moment," I have always resorted to angry words.  I remember as a little girl whenever someone would offend or harm me, I would scream messages of hate, and rage.  So much in fact that I even started making up my own words.  When I think about my childhood I remember how angry I was then, and in going back into my past this morning with HIM I am now realizing how much that anger has spilled over into my present, and threatens my future.

HIS Daily Teachings today is getting me to face my anger, the deep rooted issues of why I react in my anger, and how to learn to be angry without sinning.  This morning HE is showing me that with HIM I am Able.  Through HIS word this morning I am learning that just as GOD spoke to Cain about HIS anger, and not reacting to it, HE is now teaching me the same.  

"Then the Lord said to Cain, “Why are you angry? Why is your face downcast? If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must rule over it.” Genesis 4:6-7

HE is teaching me that just as Cain struggled with his own anger, HE sees and knows that I am too am struggling with the same type of anger.  Through HIS word as it is written this morning I am truly seeing the danger that is lurking when I choose to be angry with sin.  

HE is wanting me to know that HE doesn't want me to end up like Cain and sin in a way that will drive me even further away from HIM.  HE is telling me that this is the very reason why HE is working so hard in me and through me to deal with my anger.  HE is wanting me to know that it isn't my anger that's dangerous, it's my tendencies to give in to my anger and become like Cain that threatens my freedom that HE is wanting to bless me with.

"He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty,And he who rules his spirit than he who takes a city." Proverbs 16:32

This morning HE is teaching me that it is possible for me to be angry without sinning.  HE is wanting me to know that just because I have Cain tendencies, and that with HIM I will be like Able, and will be able to overcome them through HIS help. Once again HE is reminding me that I need NOT to rely on my own strength to overcome, but rather to seek HIM, and HIS vision so that I will see things as HE sees them.  I must seek HIS vision so that I will then see what is really going on behind the scenes.

Thinking about my past, I am seeing where HE has been working through this very concept with me through my being Mama.  There have been many instances where one of my children are acting up, or acting out in their own anger, and I have chosen to NOT be angry, but rather to be loving, kind, and compassionate.  To choose to see things through their eyes.  Today I am learning that it wasn't really through their eyes, but rather through HIS eyes, and in seeing things through HIS vision I am learning that I can choose to be angry without sinning.  

HE is teaching me today that in choosing to seek HIS vision I am going go from being Cain to Able.  This means that just as Cain acted out in his anger, he killed his brother Able.  In Cain's jealous rage, he killed his own brother.  He decided to be angry with sin, and even though GOD asked him why he was angry, and let him know that that he should do what was right, and warned him that if he didn't sin was lurking, and waiting to devour him.  By allowing his anger to overtake him, overpower him,  he rocked his world, and his parents world, and he committed the first murder and set Satan's plans in motion to overcome this world.  

However, in knowing that HE is all knowing, and all powerful, I know that HIS plans are NOT for me to be overtaken, but rather to overcome!  HE is showing me that it has been HIS plan all along for me to lose the mindset of Cain and to choose to become Able through HIS power and HIS authority.

HE is teaching me that I must choose to be angry without sinning, by seeking HIS vision, so that I will see the big picture, so that I will really know what is going on.  HE is telling me that in seeking HIM and HIS vision, I will be able to let go of my rage that festers inside of me.  HE is wanting me to know that it is when I seek HIM, to teach, lead, and guide me through this mess of my anger, to seek HIM to reveal the truth to me about the deep rooted issues of my anger, and what triggers my anger, that with HIM I am more than a conqueror as I am becoming less of Cain and more Able.

"Life is filled with bothersome, infuriating situations and circumstances.  It takes a person who is not truly plugged in all the way to reality to come through this life never angry or aggravated." Annie Chapman,  "A Women's Answer to Anger"

This morning it was very eye opening for me to see it written that it's normal that I am experiencing on a daily basis things that irritate, and infuriate me.  HE is wanting me to know that through those things, I will be Able to overcome the ways of this broken and fallen world.  Through HIM I will ditch the mindset of Cain (which is the way of this broken and fallen world), and know that with HIM, I will overcome, as HE has proven time and again to me that HE is my strength!

"We can reach out and ask for help, or we do what comes naturally and "shoot" those around us with venomous words of hatred that boil inside of us" Annie Chapman

Yikes!  How true those words are for my life.  Through HIS Daily Teachings today I am learning just how venomous my words become when I choose to be Cain.  For this very reason, I know that I must seek HIM every single time I feel anger "trying" to take root in my heart.  HE is teaching me that I am able to do this when I seek HIS vision, and allow HIM to create in me a heart that is full of HIS compassion, HIS grace, HIS mercy, HIS love, HIS kindness, and HIS strength.  It is through CHRIST and CHRIST alone that I will become Able.

"But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me." 2 Corinthians 12:9

HE is wanting me to know that in choosing to be Able, must choose to always remember that HIS grace is sufficient for me.  This means, when I am hurt, or offended by someone, it is okay for me to feel hurt or offended.  HE is telling me that HE understands my feelings, and HE wants to heal my wounded heart.  HE is showing me that in allowing HIM to heal my wounded heart, I am more than Able to forgive the people who have wounded me, are wounding me, and who will wound me. 

HE is teaching me that there will never be a time in my life here on Earth where I won't be tested.  However, HE does promise that HE will always be with me.  HE is wanting me to know that in knowing that I must choose to be angry without sinning, and to lose the mindset of Cain, and seek HIM, as I know with HIM as my strength I truly am more than Able.

"He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8

HE is showing me once again what this looks like for my life.  HE is telling me that instead of becoming Cain when dealing with my anger, I must choose to be like HIM.  This reminds me of yesterday when I was worshiping HIM at church.  It was during this song that I completely fell apart, and almost to my knees, as it was then that I realized that I needed  HIM to be in everything, and to be my everything!

"Grace, what have You done? Murdered for me on that cross. Accused in absence of wrong. My sin washed away in Your blood.  Too much to make sense of it all, I know that Your love breaks my fall.  The scandal of grace, You died in my place, So my soul will live.

Oh to be like You. Give all I have just to know You. Jesus, there's no one besides You. Forever the hope in my heart.

Death, where is your sting?  Your power is as dead as my sin. The cross has taught me to live.
And mercy, my heart now to sing" Hillsong United "Scandal of Grace"


The more I sang, the more I cried, out to HIM, my SAVIOR, the ONE WHO knows and loves me best. My LORD, my GOD, my EVERYTHING.  It was in that moment that I needed HIM like I needed air to breathe, only I realized that I only wanted HIS air to breathe.  I wanted and needed HIM to fill me with HIS love, HIS grace, HIS mercy, HIS compassion, HIS kindness,  HIS gentleness, and HIS forgiveness.  I needed HIM more than I could have ever thought possible.

This morning, HE is letting me know that HE heard the cries from the depth of my soul yesterday, and HE is showing me that HE is there, and HE is ready to transform and renew me, to take me from being Cain, to becoming Able.

Today I am so incredibly thankful, and grateful to know that HE is the only source, that can help me to be angry without sinning.  I am thankful to be able to boldly declare that through CHRIST and CHRIST alone I will overcome my anger.  I am so thankful that with HIM I know that I am becoming less Cain and more Able.


My dear friends, I pray today that if you too struggle with Cain tendencies, that you will have the courage to seek HIM, and allow HIM to work in you and through you so that you to will overcome your anger.  I pray that you will seek HIS vision for your life, so that you will truly be Able to understand what is really going on behind the scenes in the drama that is your life.  I pray today for you to be filled with HIS peace and HIS understanding so that you will be able to be angry without sinning, and so that you too will become less Cain and more Able.

With compassion, love, and grace,

Heather 

No comments:

Post a Comment