Tuesday, May 27, 2014

HIS perspective

On Sunday night, D, and our five children set out on a family walk.  Having just talked about that morning's message at church about Restoration Family, we decided that the best thing we could do as a family was actually spend time together.  It was while we were walking that HE began to really speak to me, and it was on that walk that HE met me right where I was.   As I looked up to the sky and saw how blue it was, HE began to take me back to a time 12 years ago where I remember looking up at that same sky and asking HIM a question, one of which I didn't even realize was probably the first time I ever spoke to HIM, without knowing WHO HE was.

I remember it had been one of the darkest days of my existence.  My two oldest daughters were 1 & 2, and D was working about an hour away.  For the past week I had been "planning" my exit of this cruel world.  I had been going over and over my "plan."  However, the more I went over it, the more I could see that it wouldn't work, as I didn't want to hurt my precious little girls.  Feeling so defeated, as if I couldn't even die to end my pain, I sat on the couch and watched my little girls playing.  It was when D got home from work, that he took my hand and said, "Hey lets get out of here, and go for a walk."  I remember crying, and thinking, "he doesn't even see how much pain I'm in."  

As we began walking, I remember looking up to the beautiful blue sky, and asking HIM "GOD why am I still here?"  I remember the gut wrenching pain that I felt that day, and I remember the softness, and gentleness of D's words, and his loving touch that he placed on me that day.  I remember our sweet little girls playing, and laughing, and I remember begging to be taken out of this world.

Since our family walk this past Sunday, HE has been teaching me all about HIS perspective.  The more I "tried" to read my current bible study, the more HE took me back into my past, and reminded me of that very question I asked HIM.

HIS Daily Teachings today is answering that question, and once again I am learning that just as with everything else that HE has been teaching me, I know that I am able to understand what HE is telling me, just by choosing to keep HIS perspective when it comes to my life.

HE is wanting me to know that HE understands "why" I have felt the way I have, and "why" I have asked the questions I have.  Once again HE is capturing my attention and creating in me a heart for HIS vision, so that I am able to see things as HE sees them.  In seeking HIS vision for my life, HE is giving me that answer as to "why" GOD am I still here."


Just by looking at my life, and where I am today, I know that I am still here because HE has amazing plans for my life.  Plans of which include being a Mama of HIS amazing 5.  I am learning that it has all been a part of HIS plan, and HIS purpose for my life.  It has been HIS will for me to go through the tests and trials that I have so that when I was blessed to receive and live with HIS perspective, I would then have a heart full of gratitude and thanks, as HE is proving that HE really does love and know me best.  That HE really does work everything out for my good.  

It has been looking back on my greatest hurts and pains of my life, that seeing them through HIS perspective, I am finally understanding that I am truly HIS work in progress.  I am comforted to know that I don't have to have it all worked out, as HE already does.  I am so thankful to be able to say that my story, HIS Story has already been written, and I am blessed to be living it!

Yesterday morning D and I had an argument, one of which I started.  It was because I didn't choose JOY in the situation, that things got quickly heated, and unwholesome thoughts, and words began to creep out of me.  Thankfully, because HE loves me too much to let me totally derail, and self destruct, HE kept HIS hand tightly over my mouth.  I ended up going to my room, venting, to HIM and my daughter, ALL of my frustrations, and sadly, I didn't keep my words wholesome.  

When I finished my venting session, it was then I felt HIS presence, and HE began to speak to my heart.  In speaking to my heart, HE was letting me know that the very thing that was upsetting me, was NOT something that D did maliciously to me.  In fact, just the opposite, however in my foolish thinking, I took things the wrong way, and acted out my foolish thinking.  Thankfully before I took things too far, HE captured my attention, and began to let me see the circumstances through HIS perspective.

This morning HE is once again reminding me that I must choose JOY no matter what is happening in my life. I am learning once again that I must obey HIM, as HE truly does know what is best for me, and I know that HIS plan, and HIS purpose for my life is far greater than anything I could have ever dreamt of on my own.  

"But Peter and the apostles answered, “We must obey God rather than men." Acts 5:29

In keeping HIS perspective HE is teaching me that I must choose to take captive my thoughts, and NOT just blurt out my "feelings."   I must seek HIM to create in me a heart that is choosing to be joyful and thankful, even when things are NOT going "my way."  HE is letting me know that when I choose JOY in the middle of my storms, I will rise above, and when I seek HIS vision, I will gain HIS perspective, and the things that I once "thought" were such a big deal, end up being nothing at all.

"Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger"  James 1:19

HE is teaching me that the only that I will be able to achieve this very thought is by choosing to see with HIS vision, and in return gaining HIS perspective.  HE is wanting me to know that gaining HIS perspective has been HIS plan, and HIS purpose written specifically for me as it is HIS will that things happen the way they do.  Once again HE is giving me HIS blessed assurance, that even when the storms roll in, the waters rise, and the waves crash HE is there.  HE is telling me that it is in the midst of the storms of my life, that I must choose to see the happenings in my life through HIS perspective.  

When you are in tribulation, and all these things come upon you in the latter days, you will return to the Lord your God and obey his voice.  For the Lord your God is a merciful God. He will not leave you or destroy you or forget the covenant with your fathers that he swore to them." Deuteronomy 4:30-31

In choosing to live with HIS perspective He is letting me know that this means I must continue to pray to HIM as that is when I am showing HIM that my heart, soul, and mind are truly open to HIS teachings, and it is then that HE can do HIS good works in me, and through me.  HE is wanting me to know that I must be willing to live out each of my days ready to do HIS work, even when I don't "feel" like it.

It is NO surprise to me that today's Power Thought is about being thankful in the midst of suffering.  

" give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." 1 Thessalonians 5:18

HE is wanting me to know that I must choose to be thankful NO matter what is happening in my life.  HE is reminding me once again, that even the storms of my life, have been written specifically for me, NOT just HIS blessings.  HE is telling me that every single happening in my life has been on purpose, as it is HIS purpose for my life.  HE is letting me know that every thing that happens in my life, right or wrong, it is ALL HIS will for my life.

I am learning that this is the very reason why I must seek HIS vision, and gain and keep HIS perspective as to why things are happening in the manner that they are.  I am learning that this means that I must choose to rise able the storms that are raging in my life, and cast ALL of my burdens onto HIM, as HE has proven HIMSELF time and again to me, that HE truly does care for me.

"Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you. Be sober-minded;be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world. And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himselfrestore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you.  To him be the dominion forever and ever. Amen." 1 Peter 5:6-11

In looking back on the past year of HIS Daily Teachings, I am seeing things through HIS perspective.  In reading the above scripture I am able to fully know and understand what it is telling me to do.  I am understanding in a way that I never have before the importance of keeping myself humble.  The importance of telling my problems how BIG my GOD truly is!  The importance of taking my thoughts captive, and allowing HIM to cleanse my heart, soul, and mind.  The importance of guarding mind, and NOT allowing the enemy to infiltrate his lies into my thoughts and thus allowing them into my heart.  I am understanding the utmost importance of standing firm in my FAITH, and seeking HIS vision for my life, and gaining and keeping HIS perspective, in knowing that everything that is happening in my life, is for me and NOT happening to me.  I am comforted in reading HIS words this morning that my suffering won't be forever, and that HE will use my greatest hurts to grow and strengthen my FAITH in HIM.  I am thankful that HIS mercies are new every morning, and that HIS grace is all sufficient for me.

Today I am so incredibly blessed to be living the life I am living.  I am so thankful to be able to see things through HIS perspective, and to see just how far I have come.  I am comforted to know that even though I may NOT be where I need to be, I am surely NOT anywhere near where I used to be.  I am thankful that while I was once, lost, broken, and alone, I am NO longer lost, as I have been rescued!  I am NOT broken, as my FAITH in HIM is growing by leaps and bounds each and every day that I am seeking HIM, and allowing HIM to teach, lead, and guide me.  I am NOT alone, as I know that HE is there, and HE is blessing me with HIS vision so that I am able to see the things that are happening in my life with HIS perspective.

Dear Friends, I pray today that if you too are asking HIM "why" that you will seek HIS vision so that you may see things through  HIS perspective.  I pray that you will have the courage to rise above your problems, and cast ALL of your burdens and anxieties on HIM, as HE truly does care for you, and HE will show you that HE truly does know and love you best.  I pray that you will be filled with HIS peace, and comfort as you continue on your journey towards wholeness with HIM.  I pray that you will know and see "why" when you seek HIM, and gain, and keep HIS perspective for your life.

With much, love, prayers, understanding, and blessings,
Heather 


No comments:

Post a Comment