Saturday, September 27, 2014

give, serve, and love

It is by nature, my human nature that is, that I, Heather am a completely selfish person. When left up to my own devices, I will always in fact choose me.  However, since I have surrendered ALL of me to HIM, well that is at least I "think" I have, I am learning that I have been called to put on a new Nature, HIS nature, meaning that in deciding to follow JESUS, I am declaring that my life is NO longer about me, but rather about HIM, and what HE has done, is doing, and will continue to do through me and in me to reach the last, the least, and the lost.

" You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires;  to be made new in the attitude of your minds;  and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness." Ephesians 4:22-24

HIS Daily Teachings today is HIS loving reminder that my life, as I know right now in this moment is NO longer about what HE's going to do for me, but rather what HE's going to do through me and in me for others, and HE will do so by my choosing to seek HIM to show me how to give, serve, and love people.  

Now in my humanness I have to admit, I felt as if though I were already doing that.  However, since HE love's me too much to let me go on in my foolish thinking and foolish ways, HE's letting me know that when it comes to NOT being about myself, I have fallen pretty short.  Thus the reason I have been struggling with letting go of my anger, and resentment when it comes to talking or even thinking about my past.

HE is telling me that what is in my past, must remain there.  I can't keep digging up old hurts, and pains, and then ask HIM to take it from me.  HE's letting me know that HE's already taken it from me, therefore I must choose to let it go.  HE is wanting me to know that in order for HIM to be able to work in me and through me to reach the last, the least, and the lost, I must pre-decide that NO matter what the circumstances may be in my life, my life is NO longer about me, but rather about HIM, and how HE has called me to be HIS living vessel to give, serve, and love.

"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want." Philippians 4:12

HE is wanting me to know that the only way I am ever going to be able to move beyond myself, is when I choose to be content in whatever the circumstances may be in my life life. HE is saying, that even though I may not like what is happening in the moment I am currently in, or will be in, I must remember that my life is NO longer about me, and what HE will do for me, rather about how HE will use me to give, serve, and love others.

HE is telling me that when I choose to give, I must do so freely.  HE is wanting me to know that means that I must NOT have a hidden agenda as to WHY I am giving, well nothing other than pure JOY in knowing that HE has provided for me in abundance that has allowed me to more than freely be giving to those who are in need. 

HE is reminding me that I, Heather have been on the needing side of life, and have been received giving freely from other people.  HE is taking me back to a time in my life where D and I couldn't afford to even put food on our families table.  However, because HE loves us, HE made sure that HE called people to care for us, serve us, to love us, and to give to us freely.  

To be on the receiving end of someone giving so freely was so incredibly heart touching, and life changing for our family.  I remember standing in line to receive food pantry for the first time, and the love HIS love that was poured over us through our Brothers and Sisters in CHRIST JESUS.   That day HE more than blessed us, HE overwhelmed us, and made a HUGE impact on us about the importance of giving, serving, and loving people.

HE is telling me that when I choose to give freely HE will pour HIS blessings and favor over my life as well.  HE delights in me and loves to show me just how much HE loves me.  Even in the moments where I am selfish HE still loves me.  HE loves through HIS convictions in my heart, and pulls on my heartstrings to ensure that I will choose to live my life according to HIS will, HIS plan, and HIS purpose that was created intentionally for me.

HE is telling me that when I choose to love others, this means that even when someone offends me, or hurts me, I must choose to seek HIM, and HIS vision for them.   HE is wanting me to know that when I choose to see others as HE sees them, that is when I will know that HIS KINGDOM is truly being built in me.  

HE is wanting me to know that the same courage, bravery, strength, and confidence that HE has instilled in me, is something that I, Heather can live out for others to see and bear witness too.  HE is telling me that when I choose to forgo my human nature, and seek HIS nature that is when I will no longer be looking at the sins of others, and see their hearts, and see that they are  the last, the least, and the lost.  

HE is telling me that seeing people is my calling.  HE reminding me that it is imperative for my growth and strength in my FAITH that I choose to give, serve, and love freely and openly, without expectations, or thanks.  HE is telling me that I must never give, serve, or love with the expectation of PRAISE.  HE is reminding me that ALL PRAISE, HONOR, and GLORY are for HIM, as I am HIS, and I have been chosen to be HIS hands and feet for others.

HE is reminding me that I have been called, and taught specifically by HIM that I am to keep my eyes, ears, mind, and heart fixed on HIM so that I will be able to live out HIS Daily Teachings in my life.  I am learning that HE truly is my Teacher in every single sense of the word, as HE is truly teaching, leading, and guiding me every single step of my journey towards wholeness with HIM.

HE is wanting me to know that the wholeness that I am seeking in HIM, is in a new season of my life, as I am learning that my life is no longer about HIM rescuing me, saving me, or helping me.  I say this because I know that I have indeed been rescued, saved and helped.  I know this because HE has been there every single step of the way on my journey so far.  

I am learning that my life, as I know it is no longer about  my needing to be helped, but rather about seeking HIM, HIS vision, and asking HIM whatever HE is doing in the this very moment that I am witnessing to, I want to be a part of it.  I am learning that I must STOP making everything about me, my "feelings," and my emotions.  I must make it ALL about HIM, and what HE is doing, and how HE is going to use me to do it.

I know this because HE taught me three years ago HIS word, and had me meditate on it daily for months and months that HE in fact is working in me and through ALL of the time, and if ever I doubt, all I have to do is look back to where I came from, and see just how far I have come.  HIS loving reminder to me today is this, though I may NOT be where I want to be, or need to be, I am surely NOT where I used to be.  HE has carried me, and helped me through so many tests, trials, and storms, it's time for me to allow HIM to use me to help others get through their tests, trials, and storms.

"being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6

A good friend of mine, a new friend in fact was asked the question "how do you know that  GOD is real?"  She answered,  "I know HE is real, as I have felt HIM in every touch, hug, prayer, and love that I have received from others."  When I read that, it resonated so deeply within me, and thus began an even greater desire to grow deep within my soul that my life would be so much more about HIM, and so incredibly less about me.

Today, though I may NOT like the circumstances of my life, and though it may NOT seem fair, I will rejoice, and be glad that I have been gifted, and given another day to do HIS good works in this life that I have been created, on purpose for HIS purpose, to be HIS hands and feet to give, serve, and love the last, the least, and the lost.

My Dear Brothers and Sisters in CHRIST JESUS ~ I pray specifically that HE will open the doors to your hearts today so that you will be able to see others as HE sees them.  I pray that you will have the courage to answer the conviction in your hearts to give, serve, and love others as HE loves them.  I pray that if you are in need, you will know that HE is there, and HE is sending HIS chosen people to give, serve, and love on you.  I pray today that you will know that HE sees everything, and knows everything, and cares for, and deeply loves you.  I pray today is the day that you will decide to follow HIM, and declare HIM as your LORD and SAVIOR, and see NOT that HIS blessings, and favor will be poured over your life.  I pray today you will see that you have been created on purpose, for HIS purpose to continue HIS good works to give, serve, and love.

Much love, prayers, compassion, and blessings,

Your Sister in CHRIST JESUS

~ Heather 






No comments:

Post a Comment