Wednesday, September 10, 2014

sheep

Yesterday during bible study with my children, we were reading about how JESUS was teaching HIS disciples about sheep vs. goats. 

" “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne.  All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left" Matthew 25:31-33

"“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world.  For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me." Matthew 25:34-36

 After reading the scripture to them, my five year old son looked up at me and said, "Mama we are the SHEEP" if that wasn't enough to melt my heart, he then said:  "Let the Redeemed of the LORD tell their story."  Psalm 107:2  It was then my heart was a puddle, as I realized that he remembered the very first week of school, and the scripture that I taught him.

Before we began our latest journey of homeschooling, I was in church, and asking GOD what HE wanted me to teach my children this year.  What was the most important thing?  I could feel HIM telling me that I needed to breathe HIS word into them.  That is when I decided I would do "The Scripture of the Week," not really thinking that they would remember, or even be able to put them together.

It was then that I realized that it was my job to teach my children that we are to be HIS Sheep, and NOT only teach my children that, but rather to live my life as HIS Sheep.  In seeking HIM this morning HE certainly hasn't failed to deliver and is leading me straight back to the moment where I was on the receiving end of Just One Touch.

HIS Daily Teachings today is taking me back to the moment where I fully surrendered to HIM.  I was broken, depressed with a heart that had been completely shattered into a billion pieces.  To be honest when I fully surrendered I had NO idea what that meant for me.  I had no idea that in saying YES I would be saying NO to so much more.  However, I knew that I was at a cross-roads in my life, and I knew that if there was possible refuge for my aching bleeding heart, why not check it out.

"But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me." 2 Corinthians 12:9

In the beginning of my journey with HIM, I didn't know much about HIS grace, other than it was for me.  It's was as if I was standing in a waterfall of HIS mercy, grace, and goodness.  Of which I didn't want to come out from underneath..... ever.  

Nine months into my walk with HIM, my whole world was turned upside down.  Revelations of a secret that I had carried for so long was erupting out of me.   It was during that time that the lights were turned on in the house of lies that I grew up in.  It was during that time that people would see me as HE has always intended for me to be seen.   Afterwards I "thought" well this is it, I'm all better now, and I just need to share my story.


I would soon learn that I was far from better, however, HE is FAITHFUL and HE has been with me every single step of the way.  I wish I could write today and tell you that as soon as I gave my life to CHRIST that everything just became so much easier.  If I were to write that I would be lying, in fact, the longer I have been on this journey with HIM, the harder it has become for me.   Let me clarify what I mean by that, it's been harder NOT because of HIM, rather it's been harder as the further I go on this journey with HIM, the deeper I dig into HIS word, and HIS teachings, the more I see ALL that is wrong with the way the world views life.  


To put it another way, I wish I could say that its been easy since I received that One Touch, however in choosing to die unto myself my life has gotten harder, NOT because of HIM, rather in seeking HIM and knowing HIM more,through my relationship with HIM, the more my eyes have been opened up to how incredibly wrong the world's views are.  


HE is telling me that the problem with viewing life as the world tells me to, fails to teach me about HIS amazing grace.  HE has been, is, and will continue to teach me that I need HIS grace in order to walk this journey with  HIM, not only for myself, but for other's as well.  HE is telling me that it will be impossible for me to interact daily with anyone without HIS amazing grace.   HE is teaching me that this is important for me to understand because HIS grace is what keeps me from completely losing it on my children when they disobey.  HIS grace is what keeps me grounded in my almost 16 year marriage to D.  HIS grace is what keeps me from going off the deep end when someone has wronged me.  HIS grace is what keeps me falling deep into the pit of despair which is depression.  HIS grace is what has taught me stand firm in my FAITH in HIM, and knowing and trusting that HE has it all worked out for my own good.  


In seeking more about HIS grace being all sufficient, HE has lead me to a book that I read a few years ago by Philip Yancy "Whats So Amazing About Grace?"  In the book he quotes Gordon MacDonald, and this morning these few lines have really spoken to me.


"The world can do almost anything as well as or better than the church. You need not be a Christian to build houses, feed the hungry, or heal the sick.  There is only one thing the world cannot do.  It cannot offer grace." Gordon MacDonald


This really spoke to my heart this morning, as it is so true.  I can so easily help people out of what I believe to be the goodness of my heart, because I "feel" like helping them.  However, HE is teaching me that it is NOT the same goodness of my heart when I find myself being hurt by someone elses words or actions, it is often in those time's where I decide right then and there to be the judge and the jury, and condemn them for what they have done to me.  


HE is letting me know that HIS grace is all sufficient for me, this means that I too, can extend HIS grace.  HE is wanting me to know that in choosing to become HIS follower means that I seek HIS vision to see this broken and fallen world as HE sees it.  For me this is difficult, as I know that this is the very reason why HE is calling me for forgive all the hurt and wrong that other people have imposed on me.  HE is telling me that if I truly want to be free from the depression that stalks my very existence, I must choose to extend HIS grace, and trust HIM that HE has a plan, and HIS plan is far greater than anything I could possibly imagine.


HE is telling me that in choosing to extend HIS grace, NOT only will I gain HIS vision, HIS perspective, rather I will love as HE loves, and I will love doing what I should have been doing all along, and that is being HIS hand's and feet to the broken and the lost.  HE is telling me that I have already been called, and know that I have been chosen, but that there are too many other's who don't know they too have been chosen.  HE is telling me that I won't be doing my part if I just tell about my FAITH, rather I must choose to live it out.  I must choose to live my life in a way that is contagious, that others will see that even when things are hard, and life in unbearable, they will see HIM in me, and they will see the power of HIS amazing grace.   


HE is telling me that in seeking HIM daily to teach, lead, and guide me, that is when I know that I am truly HIS sheep, and HE is my Shepherd.  I am learning that no matter how bad I mess up in my walk with HIM, HIS grace is truly all sufficient for me.  I know that HE is always waiting for me to turn back to HIM, and allow HIM to show me the error of my ways, so that HE can, will, and does grow and strengthen my FAITH in HIM.  


“For this is what the Sovereign Lord says: I myself will search for my sheep and look after them.  As a shepherd looks after his scattered flock when he is with them, so will I look after my sheep. I will rescue them from all the places where they were scattered on a day of clouds and darkness." Ezekiel 34:11-12

Dear Friends, I pray today that you know that if you haven't already felt HIS One Touch, that HE is there waiting for you to open the door to your heart.  I pray that you will know that you too have been chosen to be HIS follower to know that you are HIS sheep, that HE is your Shepherd.  I pray that you will have the courage to seek HIM, and HIS will for your life that you will be living the amazing life that HE has planned for you.  I pray that as you go throughout your day and your week that you will remember that HIS grace is there, that it is all sufficient, and no matter how wronged you may have been, HIS grace is there for you extend to keep you out of the prison of lies, and the pit of despair.  I pray that you will choose to seek HIS vision, and start seeing this world through HIS perspective, and that you will know that no matter what happens in this life, HIS grace is all you need.

Love and prayers,
Heather 



No comments:

Post a Comment