Sunday, September 28, 2014

Say Something

Currently I am in a new season of growing and strengthening of my FAITH.  HE is working in me and through me to teach me HIS ways as to how to first see people, as HE sees them, and the to love people as HE loves them.  I will tell you, it's easy for me to see the nice people, and to love the nice people, but when it comes to difficult people, well, meh.... that is where I fall short.... every single time.

HIS Daily Teachings today is challenging me to Say Something, however NOT in the way that in my humanness would "think" I should Say Something.  Today HE is taking me straight into HIS word, and revealing to me the life of my LORD and SAVIOR, and how when JESUS spoke, when HE did Say Something it was with great meaning, and great purpose.  Today I am learning that Say Something is about my encounters with people who are difficult, and how when choosing to be led by HIS HOLY SPIRIT, I will NOT be easily offended.

Today HE is taking me on a journey of what if Say Something allowed me to be FULL Of HIS power. HE is telling me NOT to let it go to my head about having HIS power, it's NOT for my gain, but rather to do HIS good works.  HE is reminding me once again that my life is NO longer about just me, rather it's about reaching people, witnessing to them, and telling my story.

As I began to journal out what I was reading in my devotional, I was surprised at how quickly it turned from being ALL about me, and became ALL about people.   In seeking HIS heart, and wanting mine to be more like HIS, HE is teaching me that I must understand the power and the value of Say Something.  HE is wanting me to know that my story that I am to tell is NOT of the sadness and heartbreak that I lived through, but rather that HE is my REDEEMER. 

This morning HE is challenging me to a list of what ifs when I "feel" offend, I actually let go of my humanness, and allowed myself to be led by HIS HOLY SPIRIT.  Today HE is teaching me a series of what ifs and is showing me that truly HIS way is the best and only way I need to live my life.


~ What if Say Something allowed me to be full of HIS power, to love, extend grace, show mercy, and bless other's with forgiveness.

"For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline" 2 Timothy 1:7

~ What if Say Something turns the offense around, to a close encounter with HIM, as they will see HIM in me, when I choose to love on them, instead of hate on them.


"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another." John 13:34


~ What if Say Something tells my story , HIS story, HIS amazing story, of how HIS love is relentless, unfailing, and unconditional, as this world's REDEEMER.


"I know that my redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand on the earth" Job 19:25


~ What if Say Something NOT only tells my story, rather leads someone to HIS living water.


"Jesus answered her, “If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water.”


~ What if Say Something actually is HIS hands and feet, and serves someone, for maybe the first time in their lives?

~ What if Say Something completely turns around a bad situation, and allows HIS amazing grace to flow in me and through, and onto them?

~ What if Say Something shows them that there is a much better way to live their lives, where they don't have to "feel" alone anymore, that someone actually cares about them?

~ What if Say Something opens the door to witness to them of HIS amazing love that is there waiting for them to receive?

~ What if Say Something softens a hardened heart with one word of kindness, all because I chose to be HOLY SPIRIT led.

~ What if Say Something allows me to be HIS light, and shows them that through CHRIST I can do ALL things.  


"When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” John 8:12


~ What if Say Something tells HIS story that no matter how mean someone is to me, I am NOT easy to offend, as I have the POWER and LOVE of JESUS CHRIST my LORD and SAVIOR, flowing in me and through me, and NOTHING , not ONE thing, can ever change that?

~ What if Say Something actually plants a contagious seed of FAITH, to seek FAITH, to NOT only know of HIM, but to know HIM, all because I chose to Say Something.

~ What if Say Something shows them JESUS, and the way to an everlasting life, as a way to live eternally.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

HE is letting me know that I will always have an opportunity to Say Something.  HE is telling me that rather than showing this world that though  I am in this world, I have an amazing opportunity to show them that I am NOT of this world.  HE is wanting me to know that it is NOT HIS intention to make things easier for me, but rather for me to seek HIM to show me how to deal, and interact, by choosing the right Say Something when someone difficult is offending me. 

"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will." Romans 12:2

While writing in my journal today I began to ask HIM for mercy, discernment, wisdom, and knowledge to know people, and to see them as HE sees them.  TRUE to WHO HE is, HE is teaching me that in order to really be able to lead a CHRIST LED life, I must choose to let go of doing things my way.  HE is telling me that my way is full of Say Somethings that only lead to hurt, dismay, anger, frustration, pain, guilt, and shame.  HE is wanting me to know that in order for me to live with HIS true freedom I must seek HIS will, HIS way, by choosing to pray and seek HIM to teach me what my Say Somethings need to consist of.

Once again HE has captured my heart and I am meditating on HIS words, that HE is truly the only way for me to live this life that I have been chosen to live.  HE is taking me back and showing me ALL the times that I have chosen to Say Something, whether, good or bad, and the outcomes of both. HE is wanting me to know that as HIS follower I am called to Say Something, that will ensure that ALL PRAISE, HONOR, and GLORY will be given to HIM.  

Today HE is preparing me for the difficult moments where I am going to be called to Say Something and HE wants me to be ready by reading HIS word, studying HIS word, meditating on HIS word, and speaking HIS word.  

"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." Philippians 4:8

Today I am seeking HIM to teach, lead, and guide me how to be a life giver.  Today I am letting go of my way, and choosing to be brave, courageous, confident, and loving that no matter what the circumstances may be in my life, with HIM, through HIM I will always be an OVERCOMER of the hurt and pain inflicted upon me, and nothing will ever be able to STOP me from screaming it, and shouting it that HE is mine, and I am HIS, and that HE is my LORD and SAVIOR.  Today I will choose to Say Something with intention, and authenticity, just as HE did, is, and will continue to do in this world.

" Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? As it is written:
“For your sake we face death all day long;
    we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”
 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:35-39

My dear Brothers and Sisters in CHRIST JESUS ~ I pray today that each of you will come to know HIM as I am getting to know HIM.  I pray you will have the courage to lay your burdens down at HIS feet and allow HIM to take them from you.  I pray that you will seek HIS will for your life, and that you will let go of doing things your way.  I pray that you will see that HE is your light in your life, and will show you the best way, and only way to live your life.  I pray today that when you find yourself in a difficult situation, where someone is offending you, I pray you will have the courage to Say Something, something that brings ALL praise, honor, glory, and power to HIS HOLY NAME.

Much love and prayers,

~ Heather 






No comments:

Post a Comment