Friday, September 27, 2013

"the call"

It is no secret, that if you know me that during my pregnancy and following the birth of my 5th child I have stated that I am done having children.  I have said that I feel overwhelmed with the five that I have, and I can't imagine how I could possibly be a Mama to anymore of GOD'S children.  However, as my reality goes, I found myself holding onto the baby clothes which were gifted to me in my time of need.  All of the baby furniture, and accessories that little one's need.  Pretty much everything that I had for my youngest was a blessing to us in our time of need.  I was blown away by HIS goodness each time someone else would say, "Hey I have some things I would like to give you, when would be a good time to drop them off?"  I now know and understand that all of the blessings that I received were made possible because of HIS faithful followers who answered "the call."

As I was packing the other day it hit me, "I am no longer in "need" for any of the baby things that I was storing in my home."  A peace came over me that if I indeed become pregnant again, HE will be there, just as HE has always been, and will always be.  HIS Daily Teachings this morning was to remind me about "the call" that HE has put out on my life.  HE is letting me know that with HIM there is NO need for me to worry about anything that pertains to my needs.

HE is teaching me daily that it is about following HIM, and picking up my cross and giving my life to HIM.  I am learning that it is about surrendering all of me for HIS good works.  This morning at 5 a.m. HE woke me and reminded me of HIS goodness and HIS mercy, and how HE is always there.  HE reminded me in the early hours of today that I have asked to be a blessing to other's in my life, so therefore I must answer HIS call when I "hear" HIS "whispers."

Last night one of my closet friends surprised me with a "I am going to miss you so very much, please don't go, but I am so happy for you, but I am going to miss you, I am so glad that I met you, thank you for coming into my life gift."  I say that with confidence as HE is the one who brought us together.  Today is my last full day in our current home, and I am leaving with a peace, and excitement in my heart for our families next adventure.  

Today HE has reminded me just how much other's have answered "the call" that HE placed to them, in loving our family.  Lifting up our family in prayer, and keeping me accountable with my daily walk with HIM. HE reminded me of all the times that I have fallen, and how the one's who have answered "the call" that HE placed to them, how it slowly began to transform and renew my heart soul, and mind.  I know that I would have never been able to grow in my faith in HIM if it weren't for the special people in my life who answered "the call" that HE placed to them.

HE reminded me of where I was two short years ago, and where my marriage to D was heading.  Even just six months ago, I was seriously considering leaving D, as our marriage was anything but on solid ground.  My faith had been shaken, and rocked to its core.  I was broken, and a hott mess.  I was slowly becoming a distant, unloving, uncaring, and if I am being totally honest selfish wife.  I was so wrapped up in how difficult my life had become that I failed to see how D's life was being devoured by Satan.  I was so "busy" throwing enormous pity parties for myself, that I failed to see just how badly D was being hurt.

In May after many months of praying that GOD would change D, and just make him who he used to be, GOD captured my heart once again.  When HE placed "the call" to me about surrendering I was anything but thrilled.  In fact, I believe I was angry, angry that once again I was having to take the first step.  Angry that I was the one to surrender, and to be dumped upside down, and taught exactly what HE wanted me to know in how to navigate in my life.  

Today I am thankful that I answered HIS call, and in answering that call, other's call's were made to me, and I was able to answer them, as my faith in HIM was growing by leaps and bounds.  Today I am thankful for that GOD knew, and placed us right where we needed to be to be restored, and transformed.  Today I am thankful that each day HE reveals to me that I am HIS masterpiece, and that HE won't be done with me until I am with HIM in heaven.  Today I am confident that I am going to spend my eternity in Heaven with HIM, as I have been one who has answered "the call" that HE has placed on my life.  Today I will meditate on HIS word's and HIS truth, in knowing, believing, and trusting that HE says who HE says HE is, and HE does what HE say's HE will do.  Today I will answer "HIS call" and be a blessing to someone else.  Today I will meditate on HIS word which HE has placed before me.

"And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work." 2 Corinthians 9:8-11

" And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

"So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?  For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.  But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." Matthew 6:31-33


All of this was a loving reminder from HIM as I was attending the last "Sisterhood," event at my church.  On that night as each of my good friends saw me, they filled me with words of encouragement.  They hugged me, and thanked me for being a part of their lives.  As I walked to my truck that night, I was in awe of HIS goodness, and I was thankful for every single person who answered "the call" that HE placed to them to bless myself, and my family. HE has reminded me today that it is because of my earnestly seeking HIM daily in my life, that HE has, and will continue to reveal HIMSELF to me, and pour HIS favor and blessings over my life because of my obedience.  HE is letting me know that it is only through my obedience that I will be able to "endure" the storms of my life.  I have learned that I must be willing to answer "the call" that HE places to me in order to not only grow my faith in HIM, but be a model for CHRIST to others.

"And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him." Hebrews 11:6

I pray today that HE will reveal to you the ones who have answered "the call" that HE placed to them to bless you.  I pray today that you will answer "the call" that HE places on your life.  I pray today that you will be a blessing to someone.  I pray that your life will be a living testament of HIS goodness, HIS mercy, HIS grace, and HIS love.  I pray today that you will be able to answer "HIS call" with confidence.

Blessings,
Heather 

No comments:

Post a Comment