Monday, February 10, 2014

"Chosen"

Yesterday after reading my blog to my family, my husband said to me, "Wow it's amazing how what you write in your blog, Pastor then talks about it at church!"  All I could think is, that's how GOD works in my life.  HE works in theme's so that I will know that HE is there, and I will understand, and live out HIS Daily Teachings for my life.  Today I am in awe that once again, the theme continues with JOY and how I am to live out a "JOY FILLED" life.  

HIS Daily Teachings today is to let me know that I have been "chosen" by HIM to live this life that I am living.  HE is wanting me to know that I must choose to read, meditate, and live out what Peter tells me to do in 1 Peter 2.

It is no surprise to me that my daily devotional for Power Thoughts today was centered around increasing my JOY by speaking the right words.  As yesterday our Pastor spoke about what Peter said what we are supposed to talk about.  HE is wanting me to know and understand just how I am to speak, so this morning HE is having me read it once again as it has been written.

"Therefore, laying aside all malice, all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and all evil speaking,  as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby, if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is gracious." 1 Peter 2:1-3

HE is wanting me to know that in order to live out the life as "chosen" I must let go of any and all intentions to bringing harm to someone else. 

" You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the children of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself: I am the Lord." Leviticus 19:18

" Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice.  And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you." Ephesians 4:31-32

 I must live out a life of speaking HIS truth, and sharing HIS good news, and NOT living this sorrow, pain filled existence that I have for so long.  After all, I have been blessed with HIS "Amazing Grace," therefore since I know that HE is in me, I know that HIS JOY is there and I must claim it!  

"‘You shall not steal, nor deal falsely, nor lie to one another." Leviticus 19:11

HE is telling me that in being, and knowing that I have been "chosen" I must choose to live out a "faith filled" life so that when everyone looks at me, they will then see JESUS in me and through me.  HE is wanting me to know that it isn't enough for me to talk about what I am to be doing, I must actually be doing what HE tells me to do.  HE is wanting me to know that in revealing to others that I have indeed been "chosen" all eyes are on me, and if when the storms rage, and the waters rise I deal with life the way the world tells me to, then why would anyone who doesn't have JESUS in their heart, ever think that JESUS is the only way.  I must live out my FAITH!  I must choose to seek HIS JOY in every moment of my life!  I must choose to speak "faith-filled" words! 

"And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God." Romans 12:2

HE is telling me that I must NOT look at what other people have in their lives, but rather keep my mind and eyes set and focused on HIM.  HE is wanting me to know that HE wants to pour HIS blessings over my life, therefore, I must get my eyes off of what everyone else has, and get them focused on HIM!

"You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife; and you shall not desire your neighbor’s house, his field, his male servant, his female servant, his ox, his donkey, or anything that is your neighbor’s." Deuteronomy 5:21

HE is wanting me to know and understand this morning that there lies great power in my words.  Therefore I must choose to speak "Faith-filled" words that bring life, and NOT death.  That speak HIS truth about HOPE, and that bring peace to those who are suffering.  HE is wanting me to know that JESUS came to bring good news, NOT doom and gloom.  Therefore, I must keep my mind set on HIS good news!  I must choose to live out my life as a "Misfit" on this earth as I have been "chosen" by HIM to do so!  I am learning that I am able to do this only when I "see" that this life that I am blessed with is only my "temporary home."

"There is no peace,” says the Lord, “for the wicked.” Isaiah 48:22

"Finally, all of you be of one mind, having compassion for one another; love as brothers, be tenderhearted, be courteous; not returning evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary blessing, knowing that you were called to this, that you may inherit a blessing." 1 Peter 3:8-9

HE is teaching me that as being "chosen" I must be committed as HE is, in seeking HIS will, HIS plan, and HIS purpose for my life.  I must choose to magnify HIS good in EVERYTHING I think, say, and do.  Today I am thankful for my Power Thought for today: "I can immediately increase my JOY by speaking right words."

Today I am choosing to speak words of life, love, grace, mercy, and forgiveness.  I am able to do this because all of this has been given to me because I have been "chosen."

I pray today that you will know that if you have accepted JESUS as your LORD and SAVIOR you have been "chosen" by HIM.  I pray that you will know that HE is waiting for you to hear HIS word, and to speak HIS truth, so that other people will see JESUS in you and through you, with everything you think, say, and do.  I pray for HIS blessings and favor to be poured over your life for your obedience.

Blessings,
Heather 



No comments:

Post a Comment