Tuesday, April 1, 2014

put on....

"Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good." Romans 12:21

"The more I seek YOU, the more I find YOU.  The more I find YOU, the more I love you.  I wanna sit at YOUR feet, drink from the cup in YOUR hand.  Lay back against YOU and breathe, and feel YOUR heartbeat.  This love is so deep, it's more than I can stand.  I melt in YOUR peace its overwhelming."  Kari Jobe "The More I Seek You" 

This morning HE is teaching me about HIS peace, and what it means for my life.  HE is showing me where I seem to always fall short, and fall in Satan's trap in allowing myself to become upset over something someone has done either to me, or said something about me.  HE is wanting me to know that I don't have to fall in the trap anymore, as I am in right standing with HIM because I am saved, and I am saved because I boldly declare that HE is my LORD and SAVIOR.

HIS Daily Teachings today is teaching me how to put on the armor of GOD. HE is wanting me to know that HE isn't going to promise me a life that is problem free, however HE does promise that when I choose to put on HIS armor, I will then be able to resist acting like the devil.

One of the worst traps that I fall into is when I am dealing with my children.  No one can bring out this Mama's rage like my five blessings.  It is amazing to me how I can be teaching them about GOD's peace, and HIS favor, and seeking HIS JOY, to the next minute I am yelling, getting worked up, and being so much less than GOD honoring.  It is in those moments where I fall hard on my face, and tears stream down my face, as I know that once again I have fallen short in front of them, and I have to repent in front of them, and choose to view it NOT as a failure, but as a teachable moment.

In my fifteen years of motherhood, I have had more teachable moments that I care to count, however in realizing this I know that HE has been with me through each of those teachable moments, and it has been through HIS peace, and HIS grace that I am able to get up every morning and live another day, teaching, and training my children to be strong MEN and WOMEN of GOD's army.

It is so fitting that today's Power Thought is: "I am slow to anger, and quick to forgive."  As I listened to Joyce Meyer's teaching this morning her words really resonated with me when she said, "To resist the devil does not mean that you won't have problems, but when you do have problems you will be able to resist acting like the devil." Oh how I need HIS peace, oh how I need to put on HIS armor. 

HE is telling me that in order to live my life according to HIS plans, and HIS will, I must learn to put on HIS armor.  The first thing HE is telling me is that I must understand what put on means.  HE is telling me that for me to put on means I be ready to take action, to put to good use HIS armor, HIS power. HE is telling me that this simply means that I must be strong as HE is my LORD, and HE is powerful! HE is teaching me that I am being gifted HIS armor so that I will be able to do HIS good works against this enemy in this life that I have been given.

"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes." Ephesians 6:10-11

The first piece of armor HE is telling me to put on is HIS belt of truth, as I am learning that HIS truth is the only thing I need to know.  HIS truth is what has set me free from the bondages that Satan has kept me in for so long.  HIS truth is my way of life, I will know HIS truth, as I am choosing to be lead daily by HIS HOLY SPIRIT.  In choosing to be lead by HIS HOLY SPIRIT, I know without a doubt that I am in right standing with GOD, which is the second piece of armor I am to put on.

"Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist,with the breastplate of righteousness in place" Ephesians 6:14

HE is wanting me to understand that by putting those two pieces of armor on, I must not allow too much compromise in my life, and I must choose to not act like the world is telling me to.  This means that I must pick up my cross daily, and follow HIM, and allow HIS will for my life be done.  I must choose to say NO to myself, and YES to HIM.

HE is wanting me to say YES to HIM because of how much HE loves me, and NOT because I am afraid of HIM, but rather because I love HIM, and as HE has proven time and again to me that HE really does know what is best for me, and HIS story is so much better than anything I could have ever imagined for myself.  

Nine months ago I made the decision that I needed more in my life, that I needed change.  In seeking HIM, HE has given me HIS grace, and HIS power to overcome the problems in my life.  I must continue to seek HIM, and allow HIS grace and HIS power to help me to persevere.

HE is teaching me that in receiving HIS grace and HIS power, I will have HIS peace.  HIS peace is what makes it possible for me to withstand the problems in my life.  It is through HIS peace that I am able to see things as HE see's them, and not get so worked up that I let the enemy distort what HIS truth for my life truly is.  I must choose to put on HIS peace, walk in HIS peace so that with HIM I will overcome the enemy who is seeking to kill and destroy every part of me.

"and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace." Ephesians 6:15

"Keep your peace and drive the devil crazy!" Joyce Meyer

" Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful." Colossians 3:15

"The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you." Romans 16:20

I am learning that I am able to walk in HIS peace, because I am choosing daily to live with genuine faith.  Which is why today HE is revealing to me that I in order to fight against the enemy I must put on HIS shield of faith!

"In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one." Ephesians 6:16

HE is telling me that the last piece of armor I must put on is HIS helmet of Salvation.  HE is wanting me to know that I must choose to think like HE does.  I must choose to make wise decisions that are HOLY SPIRIT lead, and NOT emotionally lead by me.  Too many times I have allowed myself to be emotionally lead, and it has left me in a puddle of tears on the floor.  HE wants me to HIS child, I a child of GOD.  HE wants me to speak HIS truth, no matter what the world is telling me to do.  HE wants me to pray over everything in my life, and the lives of others.  HE wants me to speak with HIS authority, and HIS power over my life and the lives of others.  HE is calling me to be a warrior in HIS army, therefore I HIS armor, and prepare to fight the good fight.  stand firm as I am am must get ready, I must put on

"Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people." Ephesians 6:17-18

"And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross." Colossians 2:15

As I have said before HE teaches me in themes, and the current theme I seem to be learning is that everything that HE is doing, has done, and will continue to do has been on purpose!  HIS purpose, HIS plan, and HIS will for my life.  I was born for this!  The story of my life was written before I was even conceived.  HE knew, HE knew what I would endure, but HE also knew that one day I would seek HIM, and that I would find HIM.  HE knew that HE would use me to reach the masses to tell all the world that HE is GOD!  Satan also knew, and he tried in vain to destroy me at every chance he got.  Satan has tried over and over to take me out, only to realize that this has driven me even further, and deeper into my faith.  Satan hates me, and he hates that I speak GOD's truth to whomever where ever, and I am NOT ashamed to say that JESUS CHRIST is MY LORD AND SAVIOR, and I'M GOING TO SHOUT IT FROM THE ROOFTOPS EVERYDAY OF WHO HE IS AND WHAT HE HAS DONE, AND NO ONE NOT ONE THING IS EVER GOING TO STOP ME!

"The one who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work." 1 John 3:8

Today as I live out my day, teaching my nine year old, and taking care of my two precious boys, I will seek HIM, I will ask HIM to teach, lead, and guide me through every single moment of my day.  When problems come to my doorstep, I will put on the armor of GOD, and with HIS armor, I will overcome, I will defeat the enemy, and when I lay my head on my pillow tonight I will know that I have done well for another day, and Satan's rage and hatred will be at my heels tomorrow.  However, I am NOT afraid as I know that GOD is already in my tomorrow, and HE's got it ALL worked out for my good!


I pray dear friends that you know that HIS power, HIS armor is there for you.  HE knows what problems you face, and HE will prepare you to face them.  I pray that you will have the courage to seek HIM, and allow HIM to transform and renew your mind so that you will be able to stare straight into your problems and tell your problems how BIG your GOD is!  I pray for HIS favor and blessings to be poured over your life through your obedience to HIM.

Much love, prayers, and blessings,
Heather 




No comments:

Post a Comment