Friday, October 18, 2013

grace...

If I have learned anything in the past 10 years of my walk with CHRIST its this: no matter how tough my journey becomes, the one thing I know I can always count on is HIS grace.  It has been by HIS grace that I am still here.  It has been by HIS grace that I was able to celebrate 15 years of marriage to D yesterday.  It has been by HIS grace that I am forgiven, and able to be a Mama to 5 of HIS amazing blessings.  As I have stated in my previous blogs, HE works in theme's of my life, and today I am so thankful that the most reoccurring theme in my life has been HIS grace.

HIS Daily Teachings today is to remind me that HE is the only one I should be living for.  HE is wanting me to remember that it is by HIS grace alone, that I am able to handle my successes and failures in my life.  HE is wanting me to know that it has been by HIS grace only, that I am humble enough to receive praise with out is going to be head.  HE is telling me that is has been by HIS grace only, that I am able to receive criticism without it going to my heart, and changing me from being the person HE calls me to be.  


Lysa Terkeurst writes:  "Sometimes our efforts will be fruitful and other times fruitless.  But as long as we  please GOD it's all for HIS good."


GOD is wanting me to know today that I am not always going to get it right, but rather when I do mess up, I must seek HIM as HIS grace is all sufficient in helping me recover from my mistakes.  HE is wanting me to know that as long as I am seeking HIM daily, and asking HIM to teach, lead, and guide me through every moment, the times that I do make mistakes won't seem so bad, and I will be able to repent, surrender, and move on.  I am learning that when I surrender, it is much easier to "hear" HIS "whispers" and stay on track with HIS plans for my life.


Today's bible study talks about how HIS grace has two foe's.  One of which I was very surprised as being so.  


Acceptance ~ requires much of me, and is very tempting and enticing in its offerings, compliments, and promises.  In other word's if it seem's too good to be true, then in most likely is.


HE is wanting me to know that acceptance is a trap that leads me to false "needs" to impress others.  In my quest to impress I become easily overwhelmed, and when I fall short, or at least when I "think" I fall short of what people are expecting of me, I fall into a deep dark pit of despair.


Rejection ~ requires much of me as well, and allows me to become lazy in my walk.   Rejection is what keeps me from living out the calling that HE has for my life.  Rejection has played a key role in my journey by allowing and encouraging me to shy away from the obedience that my soul craves.  Rejection is from Satan who play's mind games with me.  Those mind games were revealed to me this morning as word's that question what GOD is asking me to do.  Often times I fall into the trap of  "if I do this then what will people think of me?"  


One of the greatest examples of this in my life is this blog.  Writing this blog almost didn't happen as I was afraid of what people would think when they got to know the real me.  When GOD first started asking me to be transparent I was terrified.  At first  I was defiant and said, "No way, that is not happening!"  I knew HE was asking me to share "the good, bad, and the ugly" of my journey, and I was so nervous about what people would think.  However, as you know when GOD calls me to do something, until I surrender and do it, my life has no balance, and I have no peace, and no sleep.  Therefore, I have learned that when HE calls on me to do something, it's much easier to do it the first time HE asks.


HIS loving reminder today for me is this: I must deny the cravings of my flesh, and seek HIS grace.  HIS grace is what will humble me and allow me to handle rejection and also the acceptance that my flesh craves.  HE is wanting me to know that when I keep craving acceptance in the flesh, then I keep pride in my heart.  Therefore, I must seek HIS acceptance and be filled by HIS grace, and not fall into the trap of the two foe's of grace.  


He is letting me know that I must choose to not worry about what other's will think, rather I must pick my cross daily and follow HIM.  I must surrender.


"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6


HE is wanting me to know that whenever I am worried about acceptance or rejection in my life, all I need to do is call out to HIM in prayer, and HE will be there for me to fill me with HIS love, and grace.  HE is wanting me to meditate on HIS words that HIS grace is all sufficient for me, and all I need is HIM.


This morning HE had me read about HIS apostle Paul in how HIS grace was all sufficient for Paul, and how Paul's weakness was made perfect in HIS strength.  HE has shown me once again through someone else's journey that what I am currently living through, or have lived through, it's all right there written in HIS word.  Today I am comforted to know that I am not alone in my struggles.


"Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me.  Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me.  But he said to me,“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.  That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:7-10


HIS truth was revealed to me this morning in saying,  JESUS is standing and waiting with HIS arms wide open for me to run and fall into.  HE is waiting for me to run into HIS warm, and loving embrace.  HE is waiting to capture my heart, and wipe away my tears, and calm my fears.  HE is wanting to fulfill my "need" to feel secure by speaking HIS truth straight to my heart.


HE has revealed HIS truth to me through my current read in saying, "HIS truth is that I am precious and accepted, no matter what."


Just to read those words this morning is exactly what I needed.  I haven't had a very good week as far as keeping my thoughts in check.  In fact, I haven't really surrendered very well this week, and have allowed thoughts to enter my mind that were far less from GOD honoring.  This morning, I was feeling guilty, and repenting, and seeking HIS forgiveness and guidance to get things back on track.  How wonderful it feels to know that HE knows me so well, and knew that I needed to be reminded of HIS all sufficient grace.


HE is wanting me to mediate on these final words for today, "Love is not based on my performance." "HIS love is based on HIS perfect surrender at the cross."  


Today I must choose to deny myself and my fleshly desires.  I must choose to be filled by HIS love, and HIS grace so that I am able to walk in HIS truth in the storms of my journey.  Today I must remember when all else fails, HIS love in unfailing, HIS grace in unending. 


I pray today that you will know that HIS grace is all sufficient for you.  I pray that you will seek HIM in your journey to calm your fleshly desires when it comes to being accepted and rejected.  I pray today that you will have the courage to surrender and pick up your cross and follow HIM.  I pray today that HIS favor and blessings will be poured over your life because of your obedience.


Blessings,
Heather 


No comments:

Post a Comment