Monday, October 28, 2013

HE said "no"

Today I am going to be totally transparent in saying "Hi am I Heather and I have a bad attitude."  Not only do I have a bad attitude, but lately I been having several "pity parties for one."  I have become a very "woe" is me person in certain areas of my life.  Why? you ask, well all because "HE said, "no."  

Not only did HE say NO, but HE slammed the door shut tight on my ideas.  Not only were they my ideas, but I felt as if though they were great ideas.  They were honoring, or at least what I thought they were.  However, once again, HE is letting me know that it is not about me, and it is not for my glory, rather it is about HIM, and it is ALL for HIS glory!  

HIS Daily Teachings today is about the reoccurring theme in my life, and that is that my life is all about how my perspective, doesn't always have to match up with HIS provision.  However, the more that I seek HIM, the more I will see HIM in every single area of my life.  HE is reminding me that when I became a CHRIST follower my perspective of my life changed.  My perspective changed in a way that the more I sought HIM the more I found HIM in every area of my life.

What I have learned in my 10 year journey with HIM is this:  Though I may not always understand the whys as to what happens in my life, I can trust that I know WHO is working all of this for HIS good.  I am learning that no matter what the circumstances may be in my life, I will received HIS blessed assurance that HE can, will, and does work out everything for my own good.


This morning I was woken up at 2.a.m. by a loud crash, my son had fallen out of bed.  As I laid there, my mind began to race about all of the things I have either said, or done this past week, that were less than GOD honoring.  The more I "tried" to fall back asleep, the more I sensed that HE was asking me to talk to HIM. So here I am it's now 3:03 a.m. and I am up writing my blog.  

Lately I have felt such a discontentment with my life's circumstances.  Mainly because HE has moved us from our church family.  We are in a new area, where we are not serving, and though I may not have needed it in my previous time with HIM, I need it now.  I am learning that I am not fulfilled in the way that HE wants me to be, unless I am serving in HIS house, and doing my small part of bringing HIS kingdom of Heaven here to Earth. 

HE is wanting me to know this morning that when I am feeling "woe" is me because HE said "no" I must seek HIM, as to well ok, "you said "no," so what does that mean?  "What are you saying "yes" to then?"  I am learning that I must seek HIM in every single area of my life, and wait for HIS timing and provision for my life, in order to be able to live a truly peaceful and blessed life.

HE is wanting me to know that it is during the times that HE says "no," that Satan is ready and waiting.  Waiting to destroy any ounce of faith and trust that I have in HIM.  Satan is ready to distort my thinking, and challenge me to question whether or not GOD really is for me.    I am learning that in allowing Satan to distort my thinking, I am taking myself further from HIS plans, and HIS purpose for my life.

HE is wanting me to know today that I must not allow Satan to derail me, as when I do, I am not able to share HIS good news with anyone.  HE is asking me once again to relinquish control over my life, to surrender, and to pick up my cross and follow HIM.  HE is asking me to trust HIM fully with my life, and in everything that I say I do I must be honoring to HIM.  

HE is wanting me to know that especially in the times where I HE said "no," I must have faith and trust that it  is for my provision, and it is HIS way of growing my faith in HIM.  Therefore, I must keep on praising HIM, "no matter what" happens in my life.

"We also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance produces, character; and character, hope." Romans 5:3

Lysa Terkeurst writes: "GOD'S word calls me to rejoice!  NOT that I rejoice in the bad things-- I would have to fake that.  But I can rejoice in what GOD is doing in me through difficult time."

I am learning that I am always going to be struggling at some point in my life, and rather than just lying down and admitting defeat, and sending out those pity party invitations, I must seek HIM, and trust HIS timing and provision for my life.  I must let go.... and let GOD take over.    HE is wanting me to know that no matter how difficult the circumstances become in my life, I must  remember that HE is faithful, and HE is true to HIS word.

"For he has not despised or scorned the suffering of the afflicted one; he has not hidden his face from him but has listened to his cry for help." Psalm 22:24

HE is wanting me to know that when I am feeling like HE isn't hearing me, it is for my provision.  HE is letting me know that EVERYTHING is in HIS timing, and provision.  Therefore, when I am feeling discourage because HE said, "no," to something I have prayed for, I must trust that HE said "no" for my provision and my protection.

Lysa Terkeurst writes: "GOD always hears me when I cry out to HIM, and when HE says "no," its for my provision, and my protection, and it's part of the process of growing me more like CHRIST."

GOD is wanting me to know that in the times where I am feeling weary and weak, HE is there!  HE is there filling in the gaps where I am NOT able to.  HE answers my prayers, by calling on others, and waiting for them to heed HIS "whispers."  I am learning that HE helps me not to feel weary and weak by sending HIS servants to serve me.  That just as HE calls me to serve others, HE calls other's to serve me.  

Yesterday HE called on my soul sister "B" to speak HIS truth to my life, and my current circumstances.  Though I may not have wanted to hear it, I know that if HE called upon her to speak so boldly about HIS timing and provision, then I must listen.

When "B" spoke to me I knew that it was directly from HIM.  HE is wanting me to know that because "B" allowed herself to be HOLY SPIRIT lead, then I was able to hear HIS message for my life.  

As I sit here and type this early morning, I am finding myself yawning, and feel a headache coming on.  I know that this is just to derail me from sharing HIS good news this morning.  Thankfully I serve an almighty and powerful GOD and HIS is bigger than my tiredness, and headache, and HE can will & does provide my every need.

Today HE is challenging me with these words, "How can HE be our Ultimate Provider, if we aren't ever lacking and in need."  Whenever my life gets tough, I tend to feel sad, and ask HIM why this is happening, what HE is wanting me to know that is that I must depend on HIM for everything in my life.  I must trust that just because HE said "no, " doesn't mean that HE hates me, or is against me.  Rather it's because HE loves me, and knows what is best for me, that is why HE says "no."  

HE has reminded me of it just like this, I tell my children "no" all of the time, because I as their Mama know what's best for them.  I expect them to trust me, and to respect that I say no, hmmm, however when I think about it.... I am pretty defiant in when HE is telling me "no," therefore if I am defiant, I am modeling that to my own children about how not to listen and obey being told "no" and oh my here comes some more humble pie.....

Just as my children can't expect to have everything go their way, neither can I.  HE is reminding me that the only way I am ever going to learn anything is by HIM challenging me.  HE is wanting me to know that instead of feeling "woe" is me, I should be saying "Yeah" its me!  I am understanding this as saying, "MY heavenly father loves me so much that HE challenges me every single moment of my journey with HIM.  HE loves me enough to teach, lead, and guide me through each day of my journey.  HE loves me enough to tell me "no" for my own provision and protection.

HIS final teaching before dawn this morning is this: "GOD has worked good in, every one of these situations.  As I look back and reflect on our difficult times, I can see how HE has protected us."

I pray today that just because HE said "no" you will continue to seek HIM.  I pray that HE will reveal HIS timing and provision for your life.  I pray that you will be able to see HIM amidst the struggles in your life.  I pray that you will be able to boldly pray and seek HIM in every area of your life.  I pray that HIS favor and blessings will be poured over your life for your obedience.

Blessings,
Heather 


No comments:

Post a Comment