Wednesday, October 23, 2013

"Magnify"

My life these days is anything but peaceful.  As a Mama of now two teenage daughters, a preteen daughter, a preschool aged son, and a little toddler son.... well I guess you could say each moment of my day is challenging.  Today was a "fail" as a mama of a teen.  More than anything I am craving peace these days when it come's to be a Mama, especially when it comes to being a Mama to both of my teens.  I am struggling in staying GOD honoring in my speech and actions.  Like all of my struggles, GOD is working in themes in my life once again, and presenting HIS teachings to me every chance HE gets.

When I was finally able to sit down this morning after taking all the kids to school, putting my littlest down for his morning nap, and making sure my 4 year old was preoccupied, I dove straight into HIS word.  I poured my heart out into my journal about the current condition of my heart, and fell face first into HIS arms.  HE like always was waiting for me, and when my pity party was over, HE began to teach me.

"Peace is the fruit of the obedient, righteous life."

HIS Daily Teachings today is a reminder to me that if I am ever going to be able to live a peaceful life, one of which is not derailed by naysayers, and attacks by Satan, I must choose to walk in obedience daily..... moment to moment.  I must pray without ceasing!  I must always seek HIM to teach lead, and guide me from one moment to the next.  I must obey HIS commands NO MATTER WHAT or HOW I MAY FEEL!!!  (really putting the emphasis on that as I feel like HE was really drilling that into my head today.... can you tell it's been a rough day?!?)

As I read my current read by Lysa Terkeurst, she really caught my attention with this thought.  "One of the most radical blessings for the woman saying "YES" to GOD is the peace that rushes through the soul of the one who is attentive to the LORD'S commands."  As I read that over for the third time, I began to pray in my heart, LORD this is WHO I want to be... help me LORD JESUS, help me to obey YOUR commands, so that I will be open to receiving YOUR radical blessings.

Beth Moore writes: "To have peace like a river is to have security and tranquility while meeting the many bumps and unexpected turns on life's journey.  Peace is submission to a trustworthy Authority, not resignation from activity."

Today HE is letting me know that if I truly desire to be filled with HIS peace, then I must not let anything get in the way of my trusting HIM fully with my life.  I must lean on HIM to help me through the storms of my life.  I must choose to speak boldly of HIS truth about WHOSE I am, and live a life that shows WHOSE I am.  I must NOT seek world peace, but rather HIS peace that surpasses anything of this world.

Today as I was feeling sorry for myself, as my life has become so difficult in raising these five children, GOD made sure that two of my soul-sisters contacted me.  Tonight I am so thankful that K & A both called me, and gave me the kick in the rear that I had been needing.  I am thankful that they both are obedient in speaking HIS truth to my life.  Who encouraged and assured me that NO MATTER WHAT I was dealing with it is normal, and HE knows all about it.   They both encouraged me to choose my battles wisely, and once again talked me down off the ledge.  I am so thankful for both of my soul-sisters for their boldness and courage to say the tough things to me, and for not trying to spare my feelings.  I am thankful that even though I may be sad in the moment, I know that what they are saying is being said by HIS HOLY SPIRIT.

Now even though I am thankful now, I wasn't then.  In fact, as each of them spoke to me, I thought, "seriously?  Why can't you just say something like, "Oh Heather I am so sorry you are going through that, oh I feel so sorry for you."  I mean come on, is it too much to ask to have someone attend my pity party?!?  I do hope you know I am being sarcastic.  In the moment though, I wasn't, and that is why HIS Daily Teachings was stretched out for the entire day!!!  OH Joy of Joys!!!  Oh how I LOVE to be reminded of how stubborn I am being!  

When I finally got over it, and left my pity party of one, I knew and understood that GOD was wanting me to know that HE isn't interested in making me feel better.  Rather He is interested in making me strong in my faith and convictions.  HE is letting me know  that HE wants me to live out my life as a living testament for my children, and to be GOD honoring in my speech and my actions.

Today HE lovingly reminded me that HIS peace is unlike the world's peace, therefore I must seek HIS peace, in order to fulfill HIS plans and purpose for my life.

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27


HE is wanting me to know that while the world is telling me to achieve is my pulling back from my responsibilities and making things easier for me, that is NOT HIS plan and HIS purpose for my life.  HE is letting me know that the problem in following the world's idea of peace is that I am NOT here to be all about myself, rather I am here to be all about HIM!!!

He is reminding me that I am to die unto myself and surrender my self-centeredness.  I am to seek HIM and ask HIM to transform my heart and mind to be like HIS.  HE is telling me HE wants me to be focused on only HIM, HIS ways, HIS example, HIS truth, and when I do HIS peace will run through me and over me.

HE is wanting me to know that when I keep my mind focused on HIM, HIS glory is magnified in my life, and HIS kingdom of Heaven is brought here to Earth.  HE is letting me know that when I magnify my life's problems according to what the world says, my problems will then seem bigger than WHO GOD is in my life!

Therefore I must keep my focus on HIM and "Magnify" HIM in my life as HE is much BIGGER than my problems!  There is a saying that I have read many time's on facebook that goes like this, "Instead of telling GOD how BIG your problems are, tell your problems how BIG your GOD is!"  In my journey towards wholeness it seems as if though I am always either going through a storm, or bracing myself for the next storm.  GOD is wanting me to know today that I must choose to "Magnify" HIM in my life, so that the storms of my life, will NOT be able to wipe me out!

Today HE has lovingly reminded me through many people, and many ways that once again I have magnified my problems, and failed to "Magnify" HIM.  I must be bold and speak with courage of HIS truth over my life!  I must be faithful and choose to believe that HE is who HE says HE is, and HE will do what HE says HE will do!  

HIS Daily Teachings today has had me digest a HUGE slice of HIS humble pie!  Tonight I am sensing from HIM that HE really wants me to focus on this prayer that I read today:

JESUS, JESUS oh how I love YOU and want YOU more than anything else.  I love YOU and want YOU more than the approval of my peers, family, and friends, and even the naysayers of my life.  I love YOU and want YOU more than the comforts and trappings of this world.  I love YOU and choose to believe YOUR truth over Satan's lies.  I love YOU and choose to worship YOU, and YOU alone. JESUS, JESUS oh how I love YOU and want to come to YOU empty handed and offer my life in complete surrender."

I am learning that saying "YES" to GOD is a lot more about being and than doing.  It is choosing WHO I will worship and then depending on GOD to give me the strength to follow through.  Therefore, I must choose to "Magnify" the LORD, and I will wait for HIS peace to wash over me.

I pray today that you will seek to "Magnify" HIM above all else.  I pray today that you will have the courage to speak boldly to your problems just how BIG your GOD is!  I pray today that you will be filled with HIS peace that surpasses anything of this world.  I pray that if you are hurting right now, that you will know that you are not alone!  I pray that when you seek HIM, HE will reveal HIMSELF to you, and you will witness HIS unending love, and HIS unending grace.

Blessings,
Heather 




No comments:

Post a Comment