Saturday, June 22, 2013

10 of 35

Well today is the day!  I woke up and my first thought was 10 years!  10 years of being saved!  10 years of a relationship with Jesus!  Ten years of being refined!  10 years of being rescued!  10 years of walking towards total freedom!  10 years of being loved unconditionally!  Praise YOU Jesus that I am not any where near I used to be, and I am getting where I need to be!  Lord Jesus Thank YOU for my life, the storms in my life which have made me who I am today!  Lord Jesus Thank YOU for my amazing family, who challenge and encourage me daily to follow the paths you have set for me!  Thank you Lord that with just "one touch" I was saved, and so was D!  Thank YOU for saving us both at the same moment!  Thank YOU for knowing excatly what we both needed!  Thank YOU for your one touch of my heart, and then my children's hearts, and their friends hearts, and their parents heart!  Lord Jesus Thank YOU!

So here I am on the morning of my 35th birthday, and this is truly unlike any other birthday I have ever had.  Today I didn't wake up thinking, hmmm it's my birthday I wonder what they will surprise me with today?  Instead I just woke up feeling so alive, and it is all because of HIS love & grace!

" For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God" Ephesians 2:8

"And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work." 2 Corinthians 9:8

"For if, by the trespass of the one man, death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive God’s abundant provision of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ!" Romans 5:17

"Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need." Hebrews 4:16

It is with HIS love and grace that I am saved.  Jesus knocked on the door of my heart during the darkest time of my life.  I was a young married mama of two sweet girls.  I was filled with so much pain and strife, and didn't know how I could possibly live through another day.  My husband D was so overwhelmed and didn't know how to help me.  I was trapped, trapped in my own private hell.  At the time I couldn't trust anyone to say anything of my past, and if I'm being honest I don't think I even trusted myself to utter the words of my past.  Satan had me right where he wanted me.  Little did he or I know that GOD had other plans.  Plans to rescue me, plans to save me from ending my life too soon.   Plans to grow me and prosper me.  Plans for an amazing future with D and my children.  GOD knew. 

Over the next 10 years HE would reveal to me where HE was during my darkest days.  Even as a child, HE was there.  GOD showed me that throughout the years of abuse I went through as a child and young adult HE was there.  HIS heart broke to know HIS child was being hurt.   It is because of knowing that HE was there that HE was able to help me forgive the people who hurt me.  HE was able to fill my heart with love & compassion for them.  Never in a million years would I have chosen to forgive, I wanted Justice!  When I first confessed of all that had happened to me I wanted the person responsible to pay!  I wanted them to ROT!  After all isn't the greatest sin a sin against a child?  Well let me tell you, not in GOD's eyes, you see in GOD's eyes NO sin is greater than any other.  I will never forget the day HE asked me to forgive them.  I was terrified. I felt like if I gave forgiveness to them they would be justified in hurting me.  The Lord challenged me by asking me, "do you not trust me enough to know how much I have fought and will continue to fight for you?"  "If you forgive I will take away every tear, every fear, and you will be able to go through the rest of your life without worry or memories to follow you."  It has been 8 years now since I forgave this person, and they have since passed on.  I know in my heart that Justice was served, not by me, but by my Heavenly Father, who has fought and will continue to fight for me.

10 years ago if you would have said that GOD was coming to rescue me, and that I was going to be a woman of GOD and I was going to "share" my story I would have told you that your crazy.  However, this is exactly what my life is today.  Today through the gift of Salvation in choosing Jesus knowing HE was born to this earth, and lived among us.  Who was crucified for telling the world HE was GOD's SON, and showed us how to live, love, and give compassion to others.  Who died a horrific death on the cross to pay for my sins and yours.  Who's Father loved us all so much that HE sent HIS only son.... I can't even begin to thank HIM for that amazing gift.  I received it all through "one touch" and HE healed me forever.

As the tears stream down my face this morning I pray that anyone who reads my blog who hasn't received the gift of Salvation, and isn't in a relationship with Jesus will know that HE is waiting for you to open the door of your heart to HIM.  HE wants and desires a relationship with you, so that you will be blessed with the gift of eternity with HIM and HIS Father in heaven. 

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should notperish but have eternal life." John 3:16

 "One touch" my friends is all it takes" http://youtu.be/-PQ2T11mMjk

Today I will celebrate the most amazing 10 years of my 35 years of life with amazing family.

Blessings,
Heather


No comments:

Post a Comment