Sunday, June 23, 2013

Pursue Peace

I often find myself "losing it" on the inside which then bleeds to the outside.  It happens so quickly that when it passes I am left in its dust.  During my "losing it" I pull myself farther away from GOD who loves me unconditionally.  I forget in my humanness that NOTHING surprises HIM, even though I am caught off guard.  I know that when I "lose it" no matter how hard I try it seeps out, and wreaks havoc over my relationships with others.  Yesterday was no exception.  Instead of pursuing peace yesterday I was easily offended and "lost it."  In doing so I hurt many feelings of my family memebers.  I went to bed early with a migraine feeling so defeated.  I had once again let the joy robber, rob me of my peace.  I didn't sleep well as a result, and when I looked at the clock for the last time I saw it was nearing 5am.  I had decided I wouldn't get up and spend time with GOD, and I refused to workout!  After all I hadn't slept well, and surely I wouldn't have the energy to do anything.  I deserved to sleep in, afterall I was worn out.  In my reasoning with myself, GOD let me know that indeed I did need to get up, and I did need to work out.  HE let me know that I couldn't stay where I was at in my pity party.  Oh poor me, I messed up, its all my fault, poor me.... boo hoo.... life is hard.... So I in needing peace for my soul, I got up and plunged into HIS word.

Power Thought #9 I pursue peace with GOD, myself, and others ~ isn't it ironic how when right after we have done something foolish, GOD will just reveal HIS will for our lives.  Oh here it comes again, a nice slice of humble pie.  I admit I was wrong, and in doing so I am choosing peace.  I know that in order to have peace in all areas of my life, I must pursue peace.  I need to be determined that I will NOT settle for anything less for my life.  I, Heather cannot expect everyone and everything else to change just so I can have peace.  Instead I have to actively choose to pursue peace.  I need to relinquish control over the things of which I cannot control.  I can't control anyone else's emotions, but I can control mine.  I need to shed my pride and realize that it is ME that needs to change.  I must put on the attitude that "I" will do whatever it takes to have peace in my life. 

"Depart from evil and do good; seek, inquire for, and crave peace and pursue it." Psalm 34:14

"I have told you these things, so that in ME you have peace and confidence.  In the world  you have tribulations and trials and distress and frustration: but be of good cheer, for I have overcome the world" John 16:33

"If possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone." Romans 12:18

Today I am choosing peace, not just with others but with myself.  I am choosing to shut off the negative self talk, and refusing to be easily offended.  Today I am forgiving myself for my mistakes just as the LORD has forgiven me. 

" Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord" Acts 3:19

For anyone who has NOT forgiven themselves for their mistakes, GOD wants you to know that HE will forgive you all you have to do is ask.  I pray that today will be the day that you actively pursue peace with GOD, yourself, and others.  I pray that HIS daily teaching will be a blessing to your life today.

Blessings,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment