Saturday, June 15, 2013

Total Contentment = Peaceful Life

Contentment.... Something I have struggled with in my 10 years of Walking with Jesus.  Sure I am content when things are going great, but when the storms of life have hit, I will admit my contentment plunges into the raging sea of the storms of my life.  In 2004 we were blessed with our 3rd daughter and our first home.  We were so excited, felt like we had been through so much and that nothing could change our "attitude of gratitude"  for our blessings.  In early 2005 our lives were once again rocked by circumstances beyond our control, and instead of being rooted in my faith, I fell and fell hard.  It was hard, and I didn't know how to get through it, but with the Lord's help I did.  It wasn't until I chose to look around acknowledged all there was to be thankful for that my Faith began to grow once again.  Since then, I can look back and see that everytime our family has gone through another life change I usually began the negative thinking, and my contentment level plunges once more.  I know that GOD has been building me up to this moment to where I can share my failures which HE has since then turned into blessings. 

Power Thought #7 ~ I am content and emotionally stable ~
This wasn't always the case for me, but what really caught my eye in HIS teaching today was this, " GOD must be able to trust us; and other people must be able to depend on us.  When we are stable and mature in character, we do what we say we will do no matter how we happen to feel."  How many times I can look back and see that I allowed my life to be lead by my feelings, rather than GOD's truth.  GOD wants us to have a heart for people, to love them, lift them up, help them, even when we don't feel like it.  Our circumstances should have no bearing on whether or not we will remain content with the life GOD has blessed us with.  We can choose to be negative, and create a heart of strife, or we can choose to be content and create a heart of peace.  I know that life is hard, has been, and probably will always be hard, but through the trials and storms of my life GOD is building my character, and strenghtening my Faith in HIM.  I am thankful for my Savior who loves me enough and whom I trust enough to Walk in Faith even when I don't feel like it. 

"Discontentment leads to emotional instability" the bible says we must learn to be content where we are in life. I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. "I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want." Phillipians 4:11-12  So many times I have compared our circumstances to others, and have deemed it to be "unfair," however GOD has shown me that when I choose to be thankful and content with my circumstances HE grows my character and then entrusts me with more.  In choosing to think positively our thoughts will increase our level of contentment.

"When we shift our focus of needs and wants to others our lives always look brighter" ~ Lord Jesus create in me a heart for people to love them and to help them.   Help me to keep my focus on your good works, and to use me as a vessel to bless others.  In Jesus name, Amen.

I took the challenge and wrote out my blessings this morning, the more we focus on our blessings the less likely we are to dwell on our problems.   GOD is asking me to be a leader with a heart and spirit of gratitude as I have so much to be thankful for! 

One final thought, Jesus didn't die for us to live on emotional roller coasters, rather HE wants us to embrace and enjoy the life we have been blessed with.  Total Contentment = Peaceful Life.

Lord Jesus when the storms are life are raging around me ~ create in me a trusting & peaceful heart.

I pray that His Daily Teachings will bless your life today!

Blessings,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment