Saturday, June 29, 2013

discipline

"A disciplined life is a powerful life"
Today I will complete day 17 of the 30 ab & squat challenge.  This for me has been an amazing experience.  It is probably the hardest challenge I have ever done in exercise.  I often find myself stopping and praying during as I lose concentration, and begin to feel weak.  In choosing to be disciplined I know that when I work hard, train, and make sacrifices, invest my time and energy, and stay dedicated I WILL reap the rewards because I am disciplined.  My reward for this challenge has been weight loss.  Since November of this last year I have put on twenty extra pounds.  It was all in my gut area.  I am happy to say now that my shirts fit better, and honestly I breathe even better.  So on the days where "I don't feel like it," I force myself as I know the blessings from following through will be coming. 

D and I do not have cable however we usually try and find someplace to watch the Superbowl as it is so excited to see a team who's hard work and dedication are rewarded for their discipline.  This thought came to my mind this morning, "Nothing that's ever worth having ever comes easy."  This speaks volumes in my life.  I know that when I choose to be disciplined it will keep me from becoming lazy (which is a huge problem for me) and over indulging in my "likes." (also huge)  I know that when I discipline myself I am focused and productive and complete any and all tasks that I need to through HIM.  I, Heather must make a decision to be dedicated and realize that in the end after all the hardwork and sacrifice will come the reward.

"I have the right to do anything,” you say—but not everything is beneficial. “I have the right to do anything”—but I will not be mastered by anything." 1 Corinthians 6:12

"Discpline is the price of freedom, it is the door to liberation!"

When I am not choosing to be discplined I become a slave to things that according to GOD's words have NO power over me.   When I don't eat healthy and treat my body right I become a slave to sugars, fats and other things that are detrimental to my health.  I am learning this the very hard way.  I know that eating a lot of sugar makes me feel tired and sick, therefore I choose to eat it only on occasion.  I know that the instant gratification quickly reveals that it wasn't  worth it to me.  I also know that Satan will try and decieve me, but GOD's truth remains, I will get sick, and I will feel tired.

D and I are in a storm right now with our finances, it seems as if though no matter what we do we can't seem to get out from under and stay away from debt.  GOD however, has much bigger plans for us.  HE at this very moment is placing HIS army of believers in our path to stop us from making foolish mistakes.  To keep us focused on HIS commands and allow ourselves to be teachable in this very crushing of our spirits problem.  So of course when I read this in my bible study this morning, of course I had to smile, as I know my heavenly Father loves us sooooo much!  "When we do not practice self-control with our finances we fall under the power of debt, and our indebtedness can literally keep us from doing what we want or need to do in life."  I also smiled when HE revealed this to me, " Oppressed debt is often the root cause of anxiety, disease, and serious marital problems."  I will NOT allow this to destroy anything that GOD done for us, so I will choose to live the way HE has commanded.  I know I can seek refuge as in HIM as HE is my fortress and when I obey HIM, HE can, will & does protect me from harm. 

"Bring the full tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. And thereby put me to the test, says the Lord of hosts, if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour down for you a blessing until there is no more need. " Malachi 3:10

With the stress of debt in our married life, I often lose sleep.  With the stress of raising 5 children, I often lose sleep.  With the stress of homeschooling 4 of the those children, I often lose sleep.  It is during those times of NOT being able to sleep is when I hear HIM most loud and clear.  It is because HE is trying to teach me something, and until I allow myself to be teachable I will remain a slave to fatigue.  Sadly my children know their Mama is often  fatigued.  They know that when I am, I am grouchy, easily make mistakes, and the worst part tired, when I need to be awake and full of energy.  I know that when I am fatigued and my children are left to their own decisions the lack of discipline wreaks havoc over our home. 

"Fatigue is one of the greatest theives of creativity"  I, Heather must  avoid being fatigued at all costs!

"I have the right to do anything,” you say—but not everything is beneficial. “I have the right to do anything”—but not everything is constructive." 1 Corinthians 10:23

GOD allows me, Heather, to do whatever I please, however I must discpline myself from things that are not aligned with HIS plans for my life.  I must seek daily for HIM to create in me a heart and mind like JESUS.  I need to be reminded that anything less than that I don't have time for.

"Do not waste time arguing over godless ideas and old wives’ tales. Instead, train yourself to be godly." 1 Timothy 4:7

When I choose to make decisions based on whether or not GOD will approve then I will be disciplined.  When I am disciplined I am opening up myself to be rewarded by HIS blessings.  I know that I love receiving blessings, who doesn't?  So I need to remind myself of that whenever I feel like I deserve something that I haven't worked hard for.

The final thought that I had today was this, "our eyes and ears are gateways to our soul"  I need to make good choices about what I read, watch, and say.  I need to be GOD honoring in what I allow in my life. 

Friends, today I pray that if you lack discipline in your life that you will choose today to not be a slave to things that are keeping you from GOD's best for your life.  I pray that you will seek HIM earnestly and allow yourselves to be teachable.

Blessings,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment