Tuesday, April 8, 2014

contentment



This morning after an intense bible study of my current read "Undaunted" by Christine Caine instead of watching JOYCE MEYER or writing the blog, I decided to go back to bed. Which I would later realize was a BIG mistake. Around 7:30 a.m. I was reawakened by my nine year old daughter informing me that her brothers were fighting. Irritated by that news, I got out of bed and stomped downstairs. Yes, stomped, I was ripped from my peaceful sleep, and D was still home (so why couldn't he handle it?). My attitude was less than GOD honoring at that moment, and I knew it, and I wish I could say that after praying I got my heart set on what HE wanted me to, but well as you know, I am a sloooow learner, and well of course so it began the current theme that I was to be learning for the day.

In my irritated state of being, I laid on my couch fuming that my children were fighting, the house was a mess, and laundry was more like Mt. St. Laundry. I was irritated that I didn't have any chocolate in the house, and it wouldn't matter if I did anyways, as I am getting ready to d-tox, and I've been working out a gym, and working with a personal trainer, and nutritionist.

When my 7th grader left for school the fighting escalated and I could feel my temper rising. It just so happens that at that very moment I was on facebook and I came across JOYCE MEYER's message and it was " Don't waste today regretting the past or dreading the future. Enjoy this day because it is a gift from God! -Joyce" It was in that moment that I got off my couch, and made my way into the kitchen.

I didn't really know what I was going to do, so I prayed about it. I decided I would start laundry, and I would then deep clean the kitchen, only I would do it while listen to JOYCE preach about contentment. Man oh man I should have known. YES, a nice slice of HUMBLE PIE coming right up!

HIS Daily Teachings today was focused intently on contentment. Even though I have written about this subject before, HE is letting me know that today's teaching is different from before. HE is wanting me to know that I am to learn how to be content in the every day mundane daily life that I am living. HE is letting me know that I have been chosen to take care of my family of seven. I have been entrusted to care for each of their different personalities, and to train each of my children up right so that they will be able to choose contentment no matter what their life's circumstances are as well. 

"Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content" Philippians 4:11

HE is wanting me to know that last January HE heard my prayers for a bigger home for our family, and so HE answered them. HE is teaching me that because I prayed for a bigger home, I shouldn't be complaining about taking care of this much bigger home. I will admit, our home is much bigger, and it is a lot more responsibility on my part.

However, I am learning that GOD won't bless me with anything that HE doesn't think I won't be able to handle. Therefore, I must let go of the overwhelmed feelings I am having, and seek my strength from HIM, and know that with HIM I can do anything that HE calls me to do.

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
As Joyce's message of contentment went on she started preaching about being content in all circumstances. One of the hardest times I find to be able to choose contentment is when I am being criticized, especially by D. This for me is so hard, and most often i am right there in his face pointing all the blame at him, and throwing him under the bus of everything he is doing wrong.

Today I heard HIM say this to me, "Do you want to be someone who preaches to the masses someday? I say to you, if you are not able to take criticism from your husband, someone who loves you and knows you well, then how will you ever be able to accept criticism from your team of people who will be working along side of you?"


That right there my friends was the 1st GIANT slice of humble pie that I would eat today. The next slice would come just after two hours of listening to a message on choosing contentment. Not even five minutes later, I received a phone call, and wouldn't you know that the topic lead to contentment. Through HIS HOLY SPIRIT I was able to speak HIS words in our conversation. Before I knew it I basically said everything I heard that morning, and when the person thanked me, I told them that I was preaching to myself too.

After lunch I began teaching my nine year old her lessons for the day, and wouldn't you know that her bible devotions was about contentment. I smiled as I prayed, as if to say, I hear you LORD, loud and clear! If two slices wasn't enough a third came during her Language lesson, and scripture was quoted about contentment, and sentences were to be constructed about contentment.

Foolishly thinking that I have received, and ate enough humble pie for one day, I began to prepare dinner for my family. Not even ten minutes into cooking I took a phone call and it was my mom. It is no surprise to me that HE once again lead me through yet another conversation about contentment.

I am ending this day, thankful, so incredibly thankful for HIS Daily Teachings, as today I received a HUGE blessing, and that was one of healing and peace. Through choosing contentment no matter what the circumstances are in my life, I am now able to seek HIM with even greater persistence. I am thankful for HIS gift to me in being able to live out this day. I am so incredibly thankful that restores, and renews all things, and through HIM all things are possible.

Friends, it is my prayer for you all that today you too will choose contentment. I pray today that you will have the courage to trust HIM, as HE truly is the ONE WHO knows and loves you best. I pray that you will seek HIM and HE will reveal to you HIS plans, and HIS purpose for your life.

Blessings,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment