Friday, April 4, 2014

excellent!

"GOD in my living, there in my breathing, GOD in my waking, GOD in my sleeping,  GOD in my resting, there in my working, GOD in my thinking, GOD in my speaking, be my EVERYTHING, be my EVERYTHING, be my EVERYTHING, be my EVERYTHING!  CHRIST in me!  CHRIST in me! CHRIST in me, the HOPE of GLORY, YOU are EVERYTHING!"

HIS Daily Teachings today is teaching me about living with excellence.  This to me is represented in this song that I quoted above by TIM HUGHES "Everything."  This happens to be one of my favorite songs, and when I first heard it, I remember thinking, "YES LORD, this is what I want."  It has taken me a long time to realize what this song means to me.  

HE is wanting me to know that I am called to be excellent!  I have been chosen to be excellent!  This morning HE is wanting me to know that in order for me to be excellent, I must choose HIS will, HIS way, and do the best I can do with what I have.  HE is revealing to me many areas in my life where I need to be excellent.

HE is wanting me to know that I am being called to be excellent in my health.  HE is telling me that this means, seeking HIM, and asking HIM what I should weigh, what I should or shouldn't eat, how much water to drink, how much sleep I need, how much exercise I need.  I get so wrapped up in my thoughts, and allow the bondage of being overwhelmed take over me, that I fail to hear HIS whispers about my health, and therefore I remain trapped in my own prison without a key.  

HE is telling me that I am called to be excellent when it comes to the care and keeping of our home.  I am learning that if I want my children to take care of our home the way HE calls us to do it, then I must first model to them how to do it.  I am to be teaching, and training up my children to know that it doesn't matter what we don't have, but rather it does matter that we take care of what we do have.  That how can I, or they expect HIM to bless us with more if we don't take care of what we already have.

"for receiving instruction in prudent behavior, doing what is right and just and fair" Proverbs 20:7

It is no secret that I am a Mama of five and with that comes many challenges of keeping up with the care and keeping of our home.  For the past few weeks our home has been in the worst shape it has been I think in all of my years as being Mama.  This morning HE has capture my heart, and my attention once again to show me where I have fallen short, and why I have fallen short.  HE is teaching me that in order to there to be order and organization in our home it must first start with me.

HE is teaching me that excellent means that I do the opposite of what the world's moral standards are.  This reminds me of a time where I purchased (or so I thought I did) a dvd for my daughters birthday when she was three, that was ten years ago.  I remember getting  home and realizing that I hadn't paid for it, and instead of going all the way back out to the store, I decided that it was GOD's way of blessing me.  Well here I am ten years later, and feeling pretty shameful as HE is revealing this to me.   HE is wanting me to know that HE will never bless me by stealing from someone else.  HE is wanting me to know that HE isn't revealing this to me to make me feel bad, but rather to get my attention, and for me to better understand what it means for me to be called to be excellent.

HE is wanting me to know that this means when I get too much change back, I must return it promptly.  I must be aware of my time that I am using up, as it is also someone else's time.  One of my biggest pet peeves is when people aren't on time.  Especially if I am the one running late.  I try my best to make sure that I am on time, however living with six other people that isn't always the case.  I have failed miserably in the past in trying to explain to my family why I feel it is so important for us to be on time, that I end up a yelling, raving, total lunatic!  Which leads to me landing face first on my bed, and right into my loving HEAVENLY FATHER's open and loving arms.

HE is wanting me to know and understand that living excellent means I am to be a person who lives with integrity.  This means that I will do what I say I will do!  That I will keep my word, and follow through.  That I will do what I have been called to do.  That I will seek HIS will, and be GOD honoring in everything I think, say, and do.  In striving to be excellent HE is wanting me to get it right in my heart, and mind that I can't expect someone else to do something, if I am not willing to do that same something myself.  

Just hearing those words this morning during JOYCE MEYER's teaching made me cringe.  Boy, did I feel the tug of HIS HOLY SPIRIT on my heart.  During her message this morning HE reminded me of my conversation with D last night.  While out on a date I shared with HIM a revelation that HE revealed to me that day.  During my prayer time and walk with GOD yesterday HE revealed to me that I am finally understanding that I am truly fearfully and wonderfully made.  HE showed me that instead of how I used to react to when I would fall flat on my face, and self loathe, I am now picking myself up, repenting, and seeking HIS guidance, and HIS counsel in how to erradicate those negative feelings of self loathing, and instead put on HIS quiet confidence that HIS has instilled in me, to know that I am in right standing with GOD, because I have boldly declared that HE is my LORD and SAVIOR.  I am choosing to live with genuine faith because I know that HE is my rock, my shield, my protector, my fortress, and my strong tower!  HE truly is my EVERYTHING!

HE is teaching me that it is important that I model a good servant's attitude for my children.

"For we know, brothers and sisters loved by God, that he has chosen you, because our gospel came to you not simply with words but also with power, with the Holy Spirit and deep conviction. You know how we lived among you for your sake. You became imitators of us and of the Lord, for you welcomed the message in the midst of severe suffering with the joy given by the Holy Spirit" 1 Thessalonians 1:4-6

He is wanting me to know that when I strive to live excellent and with integrity, I will then be living GOD honoring, and by choosing that I know that I am covered under the blood of JESUS CHRIST and nothing can stand against me.  It is though my genuine faith in HIM that I am safe from harm.  It is through my faith that even when the world disagree's with me, and I suffer for speaking HIS truth, HIS truth is all that matter's as HIS truth will set anyone who chooses to BELIEVE that HE is their LORD and SAVIOR.  That HE died on the cross for their sins, and was resurrected so that they would be able to spend eternity in HEAVEN with HIM and HIS FATHER.  

"You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy" Hebrews 1:9

"May integrity and uprightness protect me, because my hope, Lord,is in you." Psalm 25:21

I am learning that being excellent is the reason why I must choose to seek HIM daily, and ask HIM to teach, lead, and guide me through every single step of my journey.  I am so thankful that this journey I am on with HIM, is so that one day I will be made whole, and one day I will be made HOLY.

"Vindicate me, Lord, for I have led a blameless life; I have trusted in the Lord
 and have not faltered." Psalm 26:1

Now more than ever I am understand that I am called to be HOLY.  I was born to be HOLY.  I must choose to seek HIM, and seek HIS will for my life.  I must do what I am called to do, even when I don't feel like it.  I must choose to do the opposite of what other's would do, and live out my calling as a misfit in this world.  I must strive to be excellent so that I will be doing my part in bringing HIS kingdom of HEAVEN here to earth.

" He has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time" 2 Timothy 1:9

"for receiving instruction in prudent behavior, doing what is right and just and fair" Proverbs 1:3

"His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness." 2 Peter 1:3

" if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to hold the unrighteous for punishment on the day of judgment." 2 Peter 2:9

After HIS Daily Teachings today, this is my prayer: "LORD JESUS, create in me a servant's heart, just as Daniel had.  LORD help me to let go of my foolish ways, and seek YOUR ways and YOUR will for my life.  LORD I want, and desire to live a life that is excellent and full of integrity.  LORD it is my desire to do what is right, good, pleasing, and honoring to YOU.  So much more of YOU and so much less of me ~ your faithful and humble servant, Amen."

"“For he is the living God and he endures forever; his kingdom will not be destroyed, his dominion will never end. He rescues and he saves; he performs signs and wonders in the heavens and on the earth. He has rescued Daniel
from the power of the lions.” Daniel 6:26-27


I pray today that you too will seek HIM and ask HIM to show you how to live an excellent life.  I pray that when you do HE will open the flood gates of HIS blessings, and they will be poured over your life.  I pray that if you don't know HIM, and HIS power in your life, that you will seek HIM, and ask HIM to come into your life.  I pray that you will surrender yourself to HIM, and come under HIS will so that you can truly live the life that you were destined for!  

Much love, and prayers,
Heather 


No comments:

Post a Comment