Monday, April 28, 2014

Spiritually Mature

On Good Friday I became ill, and that lasted for almost eight days.  Since I was sick, I not only missed Good Friday service at church, but Easter as well.  Easter Sunday morning I woke up feeling very sad, as I knew my family was going to church without me.  As I laid in my bed, ready to cry and feel sorry for myself, I felt a gentle nudge from HIS HOLY SPIRIT prompting me to look at facebook.   There I would see that JOEL OSTEEN's church was being broadcast through streaming through the Internet.  Not only was it the service, but it was the worship as well.  So right there from my very own bed, my arms were raised, and I began to sing praises to HIM, and it was within that service that I forgot I was even sick.

HIS Daily Teachings today is letting me know that I don't always have to have all the right circumstances to seek HIM.  HE is wanting me to know that it is because I have allowed myself to become teachable, that I am able to endure the tests and trials of not always having things primed and ready for my liking.  HE is wanting me to know that whenever I seek HIM, I will find HIM, all because I have made the decision that I am following JESUS, as HE is mine, and I am HIS, and I want, need, and desire, HIM in my life, for HIM to be my EVERYTHING!

In becoming spiritually mature HE is reminding me that this means I must choose to think differently.  HE is showing me this morning of past conversations I have been apart of or allowed myself to entertain that were NOT GOD honoring.  HE is wanting me to know this so that I will see just how important it is for me to think differently.  HE is telling me that HE wants me to have GOD honoring thoughts, to think as HE does, and NOT act on my "feelings."

In choosing to be lead by HIS HOLY SPIRIT, I am choosing to say NO to sinning by being lead by this broken and fallen world.  Once again, HE is showing me where I have fallen into the trap in making what the world was telling me what I would decide to do.  HE is wanting me to know that I must choose to decide that I'm not going to just sin, (knowing full well it's wrong,) and then say, "Oh LORD please forgive me that I have sinned."  

HE is teaching me that being spiritually mature means letting go of the foolish thinking and ways, that my way, or the world's way could ever be better than HIS WAY.  HE is wanting me to know that HIS WAY needs to be the only way for me.  HE is wanting me to know that in order to continue to grow my faith in HIM, I must choose to be spiritually mature in my thinking, and get my mind off of what I want, or want to do, and get my mind SET on following HIM, and obeying HIM no matter what!

HE is teaching me that spiritually mature means that rather than feeling condemned by my mistakes, as I am reading and studying HIS word, I must seek HIM, and study HIS word, and heed HIS whispers and see them as inspiration of WHO I am called to be.  HE is telling me that choosing to become spiritually mature doesn't mean I won't make mistakes, rather I will learn from them, and strive to become more like HIM.  

"Spiritually Mature people know they aren't going to be perfect, and they know what to do when they do make mistakes."  JOYCE MEYER "Look Great, Feel Great"

The message in church yesterday reminded me so much of what HE has been teaching me about being Spiritually Mature."  HE is reminding me that becoming Spiritually Mature means that I must seek HIS will for my life, by allowing HIM to prepare my heart for HIS Daily Teachings.  HE is telling me that in order to truly live out HIS teachings, I must seek HIM with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength, so that my faith in HIM will be planted and rooted firmly.

HE is telling me that Satan would like nothing more than to see me fail, by flooding my thoughts with "feelings" of abandonment, loneliness, guilt, and shame.  HE is telling me that in order to combat those thoughts, I must choose to study HIS word daily, and to allow HIM to create in me an ear like Samuel's ear, so that I will be able to hear and heed HIS whispers.  

HE is teaching me that being Spiritually Mature means that I live in HIS truth.  HE is telling me that in order to truly live in HIS truth, I must BELIEVE that through HIM, and only HIM that I am able to do anything that HE calls me to do.  HE is telling me that in maturing I must be running as far way from anything that is unholy, and running straight to HIS arms, as HE is HOLY!  

One of the areas that HE is wanting me to really focus on in being Spiritually Mature is my words.  Once again HE is showing me how quickly I can either build someone up, or tear someone down just by the words that I choose to say.  HE is wanting me to know that my words must be words  that speak JOY, LOVE, HOPE, and words that speak LIFE.   HE is telling me that I  must strike from my thoughts any and all words that speak destruction, and hurt, even when I "think" I am being "helpful."

" Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths,but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen." Ephesians 4:29

"Properly chosen words can actually change lives for the better."
JOYCE MEYER

HE is wanting me to know that in choosing to be Spiritually Mature means that I must be sure that my words are wholesome, acceptable and pleasing to HIM.  I must choose to seek  HIM daily, to prepare my heart for HIS Daily Teachings, as it is then that I will become even more Spiritually Mature.  I am learning that this means that I must allow myself to be teachable, and to be humble.  I must let go of my foolish pride in thinking that I, Heather could possibly even come close to comparing to HIM, HE WHO does know what is best for me.  I must choose to stay on the path that HE is directing me to be on.  I must not try to run away and hide, when the going gets tough.  I must seek HIM, as HE is my strength to weather the storms that I go through, and I through each storm I am becoming even more Spiritually Mature.

For the past week, even though I haven't been able to really sit up, let alone type a blog, HE has shown me that all I really need is to open my heart, soul, and mind to HIS Daily Teachings and HE will pour them over my life.  Without even realizing that HE was indeed teaching me, I can now look back and see how HE has prepared me to receive HIS Daily Teaching for today.

In choosing to become Spiritually Mature I am learning that each and everyone of HIS Daily Teachings, is designed specifically to grow me, to show me where HE is in my life, where HE has been, and where HE always will be.  It is through HIS Daily Teachings that I am able to see that all HE calls me to do, is for HIS good, and it is all through  HIS timing, and provision for my life, as it is written according to HIS plans, and HIS purpose to be the woman of faith that HE is calling me to be.

Through many of HIS loving reminders this past week I am learning that I must sow good seeds so that I will be able to live a truly GOD honoring life.  I am learning that this is NOT only crucial for me, but for everyone that I may encounter, as I am HIS the daughter of the KING, the ALMIGHTY GOD, and whenever, HE calls me, whatever HE calls me to do, I will do as HE has proven to me time and again that HE truly does love and know me better than anyone else.  

In seeking HIM, and HIS will for my life, I will be striving to become even more Spiritually Mature.

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

I pray today that you will have the courage to seek  HIM, and HIS will for your life so that you too will grow and become Spiritually Mature.  I pray that when you do, your eyes will be opened to see that which Satan's "tries" to break you with, HE will make you strong, and your faith will strengthen and grow with each and every storm that you weather.  I pray that while in the storm you will know that HE is there, and that HIS presence will overwhelm you, as HE is saying to you, "Take courage, it is I, do NOT be afraid!"

Blessings,
Heather 

No comments:

Post a Comment