Tuesday, April 15, 2014

in the middle

"The LORD is my ROCK, my FORTRESS, and my DELIVERER;  My GOD my keen and firm STRENGTH in WHOM I will trust and take refuge, my SHIELD, and the HORN of my SALVATION, my HIGH TOWER"  Psalm 18:2

Just this past weekend I heard a message about being in the middle.  I have lived most of my life in the middle, however when I accepted JESUS CHRIST as my LORD and SAVIOR I knew that HE would be in the middle of my mess.  Sadly though, as I am human, and a sloooow learner, I have once again forgotten that when I find myself in the middle, I forget that HE is right there with me in my messy middle.

HIS Daily Teachings today is wanting me to know that when I find myself in the middle of my life circumstances, that I must NOT lose my faith, but rather press into HIM, and press on through the hardships that I am facing.  Just thinking about my conversations I had yesterday I feel foolish in thinking that I really understood what it means that HE really is in the middle of my mess that is my life.  How quickly I forget that instead of giving into my feelings, I must choose to speak HIS truth.  Once again, I have fallen into the trap of foolishly thinking that I would get away with hearing a powerful message about in the middle without ever being tested to see if whether or not I truly understood that HE really is in the middle of every single moment of my life.

HE is taking me back to Saturday where Charlotte Gambill spoke a message with HIS words about in the middle.  HE is reminding me that here I am on Tuesday and it's been four days since I heard that message, and even though I felt so on fire while hearing it, when it came time to live it out, I have once again fallen flat on my face.  

This morning HE is reminding me that HE is the stability I am needing especially since I am so unstable.  HE is wanting me to know that HE is NEVER CHANGING and HIS truth is always the same, especially since I can't make a good decision these days to save my life.  HE is wanting me to NOT only BELIEVE but also boldly declare that HE is MY (Heather's) ROCK!!!

HE is wanting me to always remember that HE is the same today, as HE was yesterday, and HE will be tomorrow and forevermore!  HE is telling me that though my circumstances are changing daily, I can rest peacefully knowing that HE is UNCHANGING.  HE is wanting me to always remember that HIS love is unfailing, HIS grace is amazing, HIS promise is unshaken, HIS hope is endless, and HIS love, HIS mighty all powerful love is RELENTLESS.

Once again, I have fallen into the trap of allowing myself to being feelings lead.  Once again, HE is teaching me that I must choose to say NO to my feelings, and YES to HIM, and allow myself to be lead by HIS HOLY SPIRIT.  I must NOT be feelings lead and decide to do something based upon how I feel.

HE is wanting me to know that it is imperative that I understand that when I choose to be feelings lead that I an opening a door to satan, and allowing him to wreak havoc into my life.  Therefore I must guard my thoughts, and NOT let myself be overtaken by my feelings.

" Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding,will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Phiippians 4:6-7

"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." Philippians 4:8

HE is teaching me that in order to stay free of my own prison without a key I must choose to be lead by HIS truth, and know and BELIEVE that what HE thinks about me is the only thing that truly matters.  I must get my heart, and my mind right with HIM, and allow HIM to teach, lead, and guide me every single moment of my journey towards wholeness with HIM, by allowing myself to be lead by HIS HOLY SPIRIT.

HE is wanting me to know and understand that it won't always be easy when I have to make tough decisions, and HE doesn't promise that they won't hurt, however HE does promise that HE will never leave me, nor will HE ever forsake me.  HE is wanting me to know that through the most unpleasant circumstances of my life HE will make work out in the end for my good.  I must choose to pick up my cross daily, and seek HIM, HIS vision, HIS will, HIS plan, and HIS purpose for my life.  I must seek HIM, and ask HIM to create in my a heart like HIS.  I must get my mind off of myself, and get it focused on HIM.

"Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me." Matthew 16:24

HE is wanting me to know that until I get what I know that is in my head, HIS truth about me from my head into my  heart, I won't truly be able to live with genuine faith.  It is my hearts desire to be just like HIM, and to be able to love, and see people as HE sees them.  I am learning that in order to do this I must always remember that it is NOT by own strength that I am able to do anything, but rather it is through CHRIST alone, that I am able, as HE is ABLE!

HE is wanting me to remember that in the midst of hard times, I must remember that HE is the only source for my strength.  

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Philippians 4:13

HE is wanting me to remember that is in especially in those times that I am being put to the test and find myself in the middle of the storm that I remember HE is there.  HE is wanting me to know that it is in the middle where I must keep my momentum in seeking HIM daily.  HE is asking me to NOT give up or give in, but rather press on, and press into HIM.  HE is telling me I must choose to rely on HIM and HIM alone!

HE is wanting me to know that HE hasn't brought me this far, just so that I can turn around and go back. In fact when I think about how far I've come, I know I don't ever want to go back to where I started.  HE is teaching me that it is in the middle where I must take on the mindset that no matter what I am NOT giving up.  I must get it right with my head, and my heart that in the middle I am NOT going back to the beginning.

HE is wanting me to know that when I find myself straining and struggling in the middle that I must remember that it is to strengthen me, and my faith in HIM.  HE is wanting me to know that I won't go through test and trials for nothing, but rather to teach me, and build me how HE has intended for me to be all along.  

HE is wanting me to know today that HE sees me struggling, and HE knows what HIS plans are for my life. HE is building in my the courage that I am needing everyday to face the tough challenges and storms that are in my life.  HE is telling me I must not be afraid, or try to run and hide from the storms of my life, but rather I must choose to PUT ON HIS armor, and know that with HIM I will overcome!

But Jesus immediately said to them: “Take courage! It is I. Don’t be afraid.” Matthew 14:27

HE is wanting me to know that it is in the middle where HE blesses me with the greatest miracles, and that is the very reason why I love HIM.  This is the reason how I know WHO HE is, and what HE has done, because I know WHOSE I am , and because of that I know WHO I am.  

Today I am comforted in knowing that HE is the GOD WHO saves, and so I will sing, "HOSANNA, HOSANNA, HOSANNA in the HIGHEST!  HOSANNA, HOSANNA, HOSANNA in the HIGHEST. Heal my heart and make it clean, open up my eyes to the things  unseen.  Show me how to love like YOU, have loved me.  Break my heart for what breaks YOURS.  Everything I am for YOUR KINGDOM's cause, as I walk from Earth into ETERNITY! "  "HOSANNA" Hillsong United

I pray today that if you don't know that HE is HOSANNA in the HIGHEST, that HE is the GOD WHO saves, that you will have the courage to seek HIM today, and to ask HIM to be the LORD and SAVIOR of your life.  I pray today that HE will overwhelm you with HIS love, and that HE will shower you will HIS mercy and grace where you will know that HE is with you in the middle.  I pray for healing for your broken heart when you seek HIM, and ask HIM to make you whole.  I pray today that you will know the unending, relentless, amazing, unfailing LOVE that HE has for you.  HE is waiting for you, HE is saying, "you can always come home." 

much love, prayers, & blessings my dear friends,
Heather 

No comments:

Post a Comment