Wednesday, April 2, 2014

HIS Power

"Don't allow the enemy to strategize against you.  Overcome and destroy his strategies through prayer."

Yesterday was one of the hardest days being Mama.  Around 12:45pm yesterday afternoon I received a text message from my 15 year old daughter.  She said that we needed to talk, and she made me promise to not be mad.  Quickly I prayed, "LORD JESUS whatever it is, help me to just love her, and keep an open mind."  I quickly text her back saying, "whatever it is, I love you"  NOTHING could have prepared me for her next text.  In an instant our whole world changed.  My beautiful, sweet, funny, smart, loving, caring, kind, compassionate daughter would go through tremendous heartbreak without me.  In the midst of her sadness however, she was comforting me.  Tears fell as I realized what my daughter had endured that morning without me.  

HIS Daily Teachings today is HIS loving reminder that HE is in control.  That through my prayers she was protected, and through my prayers she was able to stand firm in her faith, so that she would be GOD honoring in her words, and her actions.  Through my prayers HIS power was released in her life, and would become one the greatest testimonies of walking with integrity and grace through our greatest heartbreaks.  

HIS power is at the forefront of my mind this morning, and naturally because it is, HE is continuing to teach me the importance of what it means for me to put on HIS armor.  HE is reminding me once again that Satan is deceptive, and he is the father of lies.  HE is wanting me to know that in receiving that knowledge and by choosing to trust and BELIEVE HIM as HIS truth is what has set me free, I am now able to live out HIS truth in my life for other's to bear witness to.  Other's, especially my children to bear witness to.  

HE is reminding me once again that HIS word is a lamp unto my feet.  HIS word shines HIS light on the narrow path of which I have been chosen to walk.  Through HIS power this morning, through my prayers, HE is telling me that never is it going to get an easier, but with HIM it will be possible.  Once again HE is proving to me HIS faithfulness that HE truly does love and care for me, that HE is sustaining me to be the strong, prayer warrior Mama HE has been, is, and will continue to build me to be.

HE is wanting me to know that when I choose to speak HIS truth over my life, and the lives of others HIS light will expose the darkness that tries to take over.  HE is telling me that HIS light exposes the enemies evil spirits that lurk around my life, threatening to destroy my very existence.  This morning HE is revealing to me just what those evil spirits are:

Delusion  ~   where Satan tries to get me to believe something that contradicts HIS word, which IS HIS truth for my life.

Deception  ~ where Satan tries to trick me or to pose as GOD when really he is the enemy that would like nothing more than to see me dead.

Lying  ~ where Satan tries to get me to believe things that couldn't be further from HIS truth.  Where I will take to heart things that will change HIS truth about how HE really feels about me.

Seducing  ~  where Satan and his allies try to lure me away from my faith, by getting me to believe something that is false.  Where I will fall into his traps of darkness that keep me in my own prison without a key.

Blinding  ~  where Satan deliberately casts shadows of doubt on HIS truth for my life.  Where the enemy attacks all of my thoughts as I know my mind truly is a battlefield.

Error  ~  where Satan leads me down the path of poor judgement.  Where I open the door and allow GOD-less thinking to enter my mind, and then I act upon said thinking.

Guile  ~  HE is wanting me to know that I must stand firm in my faith so that I will NOT be the victim to Satan's cunning, and treacherous ways. HE is telling me that Satan is out to destroy me, so that I will NOT be able to share HIS good news, that CHRIST IS ALIVE and HE IS COMING BACK!!! 

In learning all of this, I know that I must call upon my SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST to strip away all power from evil spirits!  I must seek HIM daily, and put on HIS armor so that I will be able to fight the good fight! HE is telling me that when I choose to put on HIS armor my eyes will be opened and I will see with HIS vision, and when I receive HIS vision, HIS power is released in my life!

In my journal this morning I wrote this: "LORD JESUS, I pray that the enemies lies and tactics will be exposed in my life and my families life today in YOUR HOLY, MIGHTY, POWERFUL, and JUST name!  Amen!

"May God arise, may his enemies be scattered; may his foes flee before him." Psalm 68:1

"If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples.  Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” John 8:31-32

"You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me!  Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don’t you believe me?  Whoever belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.” John 8:44-47

Today in my devotional for spiritual warfare this is what was written: "The LORD has rescued me from all my enemies and from the lying and deceiving spirits that belong to the devil.  My enemies are destroyed by my GOD!  The LORD will lead me on level ground and HE will preserve my life!  In HIS righteousness HE has brought me out of trouble.  With HIS unfailing love HE has silenced my enemies and destroyed all my foes.  In HIS power I will contend with the powers of darkness that are set against HIS kingdom!  Amen!"

Finally, as if all of HIS teachings weren't enough, HE concluded HIS Daily Teachings of HIS POWER in my prayers with today's power thought: "I will not talk in ways that give the devil power!" 

I pray today that you will know that if you have accepted HIM as your LORD and SAVIOR that you will come to know that HIS power is in you.  I pray today that you will have the courage to follow the teachings of HIS HOLY SPIRIT, and allow HIM to teach, lead, and guide you to be WHO HE wants you to be.  I pray that you will have the courage to step out in your faith, so that you will be able to deny the ways of the world.  I pray today that you too will be able to do your part in bringing HIS kingdom of HEAVEN here to earth.  

Blessings,
Heather 





No comments:

Post a Comment