Friday, December 20, 2013

Choose JESUS

Last Sunday, this was the message that HE was telling me.  True to the placement of themes in my life, this is what HE has been working on my heart this entire week.  Even yesterday, when I "tried" to type out the blog, HE made it so that I couldn't.  My computer conveniently quit working, and I wasn't able to even really get to the blog.  In frustration, I gave up and went back to bed.

I later read the GQ article about Phil Robertson, if you don't know who I am talking about, HE is the Patriarch of Duck Dynasty.  Phil and  his family are followers of JESUS, who have been blessed by HIM to have a t.v. that shows their faith.  When GQ went to interview Phil, I believe that just as when any person says that they are a CHRISTIAN, people take that as their cue to try and trip them up.  Actually Satan seeks those statements as opportunity's to "try" and deceive us into believing that GOD is really against us, and NOT for us.  However, HE is wanting me to know that in choosing JESUS every single day as my LORD, and SAVIOR, no matter how much Satan and his demons "try" to persuade me, JESUS wins every time.

Anyways, back to the article, Phil made one statement that was pretty crass, however the more I thought about it, I could hear HIM say to me, "can you imagine if your life were under a microscope?  If it were what would other's witness about you, Heather a self professed committed CHRIST follower?  You say you choose JESUS, ME, every day, but if someone were to put your words and actions to print every day what would people see?"  

This to me was a very sobering thought.  I began to think about the days events before, and how I was less than GOD honoring in my speech a few times throughout my day.  Not only in my speech, but in my actions as well.  I cringe at the thought of someone seeing me that way.  

HIS Daily Teachings today is to remind me that someone does see the way that I choose to act daily, and that someone is HIM.  HE is wanting me to know that the reason HE died for my sins, is so that I would have HIS grace.  In choosing JESUS daily, I am choosing HIS grace daily.  HE knows that I will NEVER be perfect, as HE is the only one who has ever been, is, and ever will be perfect.  HE is wanting me to know that no matter what I say or do, or how I act, in the end I will always fall short of the GLORY of GOD, and the most comforting thing about that statement is that is the reason I still need HIM.

"for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23

HE is wanting me to declare that I will choose to speak HIS truth daily!  HE is wanting me to keep to my promise to HIM that I will do my part daily in bringing HIS Kingdom of HEAVEN here to Earth!  HE is wanting me to declare that HIS grace is all sufficient for me!  HE is wanting me to choose follow HIM, and not strive to be popular in the worlds eyes.  HE is wanting me to keep to my promise to be a world-changer, and NOT a world pleaser.  HE is wanting me to declare that I will ALWAYS speak HIS truth to my children! HE is asking that I NOT EVER give into what the world is telling me is correct, by censoring my faith to my children!  HE is asking for my commitment to teaching them to know and understand that they are NOT being hateful, uncaring, unkind, or unloving, just because they are NOT choosing to believe what the world is telling them!  Today these are the choices that I will choose Daily.  Above all else, I will always choose JESUS!

"Your kingdom come. Your will be done On earth as it is in heaven." Matthew 6:10

"And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” 2 Corinthians 12:9

"And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God." Romans 12:2

"Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6

"And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 24:15

HE is wanting me to know that in order to be a true CHRIST follower I must be consistent, in choosing to make consecutive good choices to follow JESUS daily!  I must choose JESUS daily!  HE is wanting me to understand that HE knows that there will be times that will mess up, however HE will supply me in abundance with HIS grace, and HIS love, and HIS forgiveness, and HIS mercy.  All I have to do is ask HIM!  HE is wanting me to know that when I do mess up, I must not let that derail me from HIS plans, and  HIS purpose for my life.  Therefore, I must choose to pick up my cross daily and follow HIM all the days of my life!  I must choose to serve HIM, I must choose JESUS, as HE is LORD of my life!

"And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19

Once again, HE is reminding me that one of the ways I choose HIM, is by choosing to forgive, and seeking forgiveness from others.  HE is wanting me to know that I must do those two things so that HE will then be able to heal my broken relationships with others.

 “Judge not, and you shall not be judged. Condemn not, and you shall not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you.” Luke 6:37-38 

"And forgive us our sins,For we also forgive everyone who is indebted to us.
And do not lead us into temptation,But deliver us from the evil one" Luke 11:4


HE is wanting me to know that when I choose HIM, HE will take care of ALL the details.  HE is telling me that all I have to do is ask HIM, and HE will take care of me, I must choose to BELIEVE, I must choose JESUS!  HE is reminding me that in choosing HIM, HE can, will, and always does work everything out for my own good!

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

HE is showing me that in choosing to follow HIM daily, and seeking HIM daily, this means I must choose to be dedicated to praying to HIM, about everything!  HE is telling me that I must choose to seek HIS JOY in every situation, I am in, no matter how I may feel!  Once again, HE is telling me that I must choose NOT to worry, rather I must choose to trust HIM, that HE is WHO HE says HE is, and HE will do what HE says HE will do!  I must choose JESUS DAILY!!!

"do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God." Philippians 4:6

"Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice." Philippians 4:4

HE is asking me that even though I may not understand the how and why of things, I must choose to trust HIM, that HIS plans and HIS purpose for my life are perfect, therefore I must choose to be content in the current situation I am in.  Once again, HE is asking me to be patient and wait, as I HE has proven time and again that HIS timing, and HIS provision are perfect for me!

"Wait for the LORD; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the LORD" Psalm 27:14

HE is teaching me that in choosing to be content, means that until I hear from HIM, I must remain unwavering in my faith!  HE is wanting me to know that when HE calls on me, HE then expects me to respond in a way that is good, pleasing, and honoring to HIM!  HE is wanting me to declare that above all things, I choose HIM.  Today HE is asking me to declare that I choose JESUS, always!

" Let love be genuineAbhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good. Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. Do not be slothful in zeal, be fervent in spirit,serve the Lord. Rejoice in hopebe patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. Contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality. Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them.  Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep.  Live in harmony with one another. Do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly. Never be wise in your own sight.  Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all.  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all.  Belovednever avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.”  To the contrary, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.”  Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good." Romans 12:9-21

"Every experience GOD gives us, every person HE puts in our lives, is the perfect preparation for the future that only HE can see"  Corrie Ten Boom

I pray today that today is the day you will choose JESUS, as HE is the LORD and SAVIOR of your life.  HE is waiting, HE is wanting, and desiring a close and personal relationship with you.  I pray that you will seek HIS will for your life, and that when you do seek HIM, HE will pour HIS favors and blessings over your life.  I pray for GOD's best plans for your life today, so that you may be able to do your part in bringing HIS Kingdom of HEAVEN here to Earth.

Blessings,
Heather 




No comments:

Post a Comment