Wednesday, December 18, 2013

seeking HIM

If you don't already know this about me, I mess up A LOT, and I need HIM constantly.  I am forever seeking HIM, when I make mistakes.  This happens mostly because of my selfish, and  foolish pride. YIKES! Did I really just write that?  Okay so by now you know that I strongly dislike eating "humble pie," however HIS Daily Teachings today was actually in two parts, yesterday and today's readings. Since I like to do things "my way" which equates to the "hard way,"  HE has been working on me for the past two days about seeking HIM, and letting go of my selfish, and foolish ways.

Not following me, well let me explain it a little more with examples.  I, Heather am a control freak when it comes to D, and my children.  I like things done my way, the way I see them being done, and if you don't' do it my way, and you make a mistake, I will be sure to let you know that it could have all been avoided if you would have just listened to me. (As if I have so much wisdom in me)   In more ways than I can count I have hurt the people I love the most, all because I "think" "my way" is the "best" way.  

HIS Daily Teachings today was to remind me that the only thing I need to be doing is seeking HIM.  HE is wanting me to know that when I seek HIM in everything I think, say and do, I will do what is good, pleasing and honoring to HIM.  HE is wanting me to know that instead of arguing with someone when I "think" I am right, I must let go, and praise, them, and HIM.  I must seek HIM and let HIM show me how to navigate in the conversation I am having.  HE is telling me that in seeking, HIM, I am in turn seeking peace.  I am learning that when I seek peace, HIS peace, it brings much more positive outcome, and I will have the right attitude to PRAISE HIM.  I know that this is all possible when I am choosing daily to be seeking HIM, in everything I think say and do.  This is why I BELIEVE HE keeps teaching me that I must seek HIM and ask HIM to teach, lead, and guide me through every single moment of my journey with HIM.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

The other day while driving I was praising HIM, and I was trying to think of a song that reminded me about seeking HIM, and of course, when I went to sing it, my mind was HUGE blank.  The more I tried to remember the lyrics, the more so far from GOD as you can get a song would come to my mind.  It wasn't until this morning that I was able to remember the lyrics to the song, and when I looked it up it made me smile, as the song is titled "The More I Seek YOU" by Kari Jobe

"The more I seek you,
The more I find you
The more I find you, the more I love you

I want to sit at your feet Drink from the cup in your hand.

Lay back against you and breath, feel your heart beat
This love is so deep, its more than I can stand
I melt in your peace, its overwhelming

Singing this song today to my SAVIOR has brought tears to my eyes, as I have once again fallen so short of what HE is wanting me to do.  Yesterday while talking to my best friend, I told her that my bible study was about choosing JESUS, and as we were talking, I knew HE was saying to me, in everything choose ME, seek ME, and I will help you."

Even though I knew HE was talking to me, I chose to ignore HIM, and chose selfishly, and foolishly to do what I wanted to do.  Even when I had just written a blog the day before about doing what HE calls me to do not matter how or what I may feel about a situation.  

HE is wanting me to know that with everything that I am am have, I must choose to be intentional in seeking HIM, and allowing HIS will to be what is for my life.  I must align my thoughts to HIS.  I must let HIM teach, lead, and guide me through every single moment of my journey with HIM.  A journey where HE is renewing and refining me daily, so that I will be WHO HE has called me to be, and I will bring praise, honor, glory, and power to HIM with everything I am and have.

"With everything, with everything, We will shout for Your glory. With everything, with everything, We will shout forth Your praise. " With Everything by Hillsong"


"I will proclaim the name of the Lord. Oh, praise the greatness of our God!" 
Deuteronomy 32:3

"For to us a child is born,to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the greatness of his government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on David’s throne and over his Kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever.The zeal of the Lord Almighty will accomplish this." Isaiah 9:6-7

LORD JESUS, give me the courage to declare that YOU are WONDERFUL, and YOU are my COUNSELOR.  YOU are the ONE ALMIGHTY GOD.  YOU are my EVERLASTING FATHER.  YOU are my PRINCE OF PEACE.  FATHER, teach me and show me how to do my part in bringing YOUR Kingdom of HEAVEN here to Earth.  LORD thank you for loving me, saving, me, hearing me, helping me, forgiving me of my sins.  Thank YOU for YOUR sacrifice.  LORD I pray that when it comes to me sacrificing my "precious" time for YOU and what YOU have called me to do that I will remember YOUR loving "whispers" that are gentle reminders of WHO I am called to be because of WHOSE I am.  I pray that YOU will care for me, as I need you every hour of every minute, of every single second of every day.  I will seek YOU LORD, and I will find YOU, as YOU always find me right where I am. 
Amen 

I pray today for you to have the courage to choose to keep seeking HIM.  I pray that HE will reveal HIMSELF to you, and let you know that HIS plans are the best for your life.  I pray that in everything that you think, say, and do you will think of HIM.  I pray for HIS favor and blessings to be poured over your life when  you declare that HE truly is LORD of your life.

Blessings,
Heather 




No comments:

Post a Comment