Sunday, December 8, 2013

like-minded

I am finding it very comforting that HIS Daily Teachings has been filling me with HIS Blessed Assurance that HE is mine.  That HE continues to call on me Daily, and when I allow HIM to teach me, HE does, and after each of HIS teachings, I am never the same person that I was before that very teaching.

This morning is no different.  As I sat down to do today's bible study, I began to think about what it is that I am needing from HIM, and I realized that what I needed more than anything was to become more CHRIST LIKE with each new step of my journey that I am taking.

HIS Daily Teachings today was to remind me that in order to be CHRIST-LIKE I must allow HIM to transform and renew my mind so that I will become like-minded with HIM.  HE is wanting me to know that I was created in HIS image, therefore I must allow myself to become like-minded with HIM.

“Who has known the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?” But we have the mind of Christ." 1 Corinthians 2:16

There have been many times in my life where my ability to trust HIM, to BELIEVE HIM, has come so natural to me.  However, there have been plenty of other times where doubt, worry, and fear have taken up residence inside of me, and deep into my thoughts.

HE is reminding me today that in order to be like-minded to HIM, I must chose to not be led by worldly thoughts, rather I must seek HIM daily, and allow HIM to transform and renew my mind, so that I will become more like-minded to HIM.

HE is wanting me to know that as a CHRIST FOLLOWER there is no room for me to have a critical, judgemental, and suspicious mind.  HE is wanting me to know that I must abandon anything and everything that comes against what HE is teaching me.  HE is wanting me to know that it is imperative that I understand that anything that comes against HIS word, is a thought that I must abandon.

It never fails that I could be on fire, reading, learning, and being filled with HIS teachings, and then next thing I know I have been day dreaming for ten minutes.  If I am not careful I will allow my thoughts to be changed to what I am going to do that day, something that happened yesterday, and worrying about what will happen tomorrow.  HE is wanting me to know that when I choose to be led by HIS HOLY SPIRIT, I am given HIS power, and HIS authority to ward off the distractions that Satan has strategically placed in my thoughts, to "try" and keep me from becoming and being like-minded to my LORD and SAVIOR.

HE is showing me this morning, that for the longest time I have failed to realize that the condition of my mind has played a major role in how I have allowed myself to feel, to act, and react.  HE is reminding me that my thoughts choose the words that I speak, and most importantly affect my ability to BELIEVE!

Once again I am learning that my thoughts play a HUGE role in my life, therefore I must be sure that I relinquish control over my life, and allow myself to be taught by HIM.  I know this is only possible, when I, Heather a mess maker, surrender, seek HIM, and ask HIM to teach, lead, and guide me through every single step of my journey towards wholeness.

I find it very comforting that HE keeps showing me in my bible where it says in HIS word what I am to be doing.  Over and over for the past few weeks HE has brought me right back to the book of Romans, and HE has been teaching me that I must not be of this world, I must abandon the ways of the world, and seek HIM, and HIS guidance.  I must allow myself to be led by HIS HOLY SPIRIT!

"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will." Romans 12:2

In learning this, over and over again, HE is teaching me that the more that I learn HIS ways, and just how great they truly are, the more SATAN digs at my heels, and "tries" in vain to trip me.  HE is wanting me to know that Satan is after me with a vengeance, where he will stop at nothing to see that I am destroyed.  Thankfully through HIS Blessed Assurance, I know that I am covered by the stripes of the blood of JESUS CHRIST WHO is my LORD and SAVIOR.  HE is the one fighting for me always, and with HIM, I am learning that I am never alone, HE is always there, helping me, guiding me, loving me, and teaching me.  I must BELIEVE! 

HE is reassuring me by HIS Blessed Assurance to know that it in choosing to follow HIM Daily, and being intentional in building my relationship with HIM, nothing can keep me apart from HIM.  HE is wanting me to know that HIS power, and HIS authority reign over my life, therefore nothing can harm me, or keep me from being like-minded to HIM.

"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7

When I read HIS words this morning, HE took me back to the first time in my adult life where I remember hearing about HIM, and where I met HIM for the first time in my life.  I will never forget the pain and the anguish that I felt the first time I heard HIS words, and learned of this TRUE LIVING GOD that everyone was talking about.  

Today HE has reminded me that just as HE met me all those years ago, right where I stood.  HE can, will, and does meet me right where I stand in this very moment.  I am learning that when I choose to be like-minded to HIM, HE is always there, and never again will I ever have to feel abandoned.

"I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better.  I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people" Ephesians 1:17-18

This morning HE is reminding me once again that I have been blessed by HIS gifts of mercy, discernment, and wisdom.  HE is wanting me to know that because I have been blessed with those three gifts, I must be intentional in using them for HIS good.  I must be intentional in seeking HIM to show me how to use the gifts HE has blessed me with.  I am learning that with each new step of my journey that I am taking with HIM, I must seek HIS guidance, and I must obey HIS commands, and do whatever HE tells me to do.  I must allow HIM to transform and renew me to be like-minded to HIM.

HE is wanting me to know that HE will continue to call on me until the day CHRIST JESUS returns, and even then HE will call on me to be HIS faithful warrior in HIS army, and to continue in HEAVEN to praise and to worship HIM.  I am thankful that today I can say with confidence, that I am in a loving and growing personal relationship with JESUS, and I have no fear of abandonment.  I know that this assurance has only come to me because I have chosen to be intentional in my walk with HIM, and I have allowed myself to be transformed and renewed to be like-minded to HIM.

People often ask me how I was ever able to forgive my step-grandfather for what he did to me.  I tell them it is through the love of my SAVIOR, that I am forgiven, and therefore I have become like-minded to HIM, and I am able to forgive in the same way that I have been forgiven.  I know that I have been chosen to love just as HE loves, to extend grace, just as HIS grace has been extended to me.  I know that I have been called to show HIS mercy, just as HE has shown HIS mercy to me.  I know that it is not my place to judge people, but rather to live my life as a living testament of what it is to have a deep, intentional relationship with my LORD and SAVIOR.  I am learning once again, that I have been called to live as a contagious CHRISTIAN.  I am called to live in a way that other's will desire to have the same Blessed Assurance, and peace that I feel.

HE is showing me that it is only because I have allowed myself to be transformed and renewed to be like-minded to HIM that I am able to see past the faults of those who hurt me, and who hurt others.  HE is showing me that it is also the reason I am able to love, just as HE loves, and not just to love in a superficial way but to really love the sinner, as HE loves me, a sinner.

In learning all of this today, I am filled with HIS Blessed Assurance that I must continue to allow HIM to transform and renew my mind Daily so that I will be more and more with each day passing like-minded to HIM.  HE is telling me that what I know and am able to understand, is only possible because I am choosing to be led by HIS HOLY SPIRIT.  HE is wanting me to know that the only one who truly understands anything is HIM, therefore in order to navigate through this journey that I have been taking, I must choose to be led by HIS HOLY SPIRIT.

"For who knows a person’s thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God." 1 Corinthians 2:11

I know this all to be true, as HE has reminded me once again that when I accepted JESUS as my LORD and SAVIOR HIS HOLY SPIRIT began to dwell inside of me.  As each day passes HE has been revealing more and more to me, that even just a year ago I wouldn't have been able to fully comprehend.  Today I am thankful that HIS plans didn't include keeping me where I was, and staying where I am.  I am thankful that with each day passing is another opportunity for me to become more like-minded to HIM, and with HIS Daily Teachings I am better able to discern what HIS plans and HIS purpose is for my life.  I know that I must continue to become more and remain like-minded to HIM.

I pray that today you will allow yourself to be led by HIS HOLY SPIRIT.  I pray that when you do you will be filled with HIS Blessed Assurance that HE has everything worked out for your own good.  I pray that you will be filled by HIS peace, and will feel HIS unfailing, and unconditional love.  I pray that HE will show you HIS mercy, so that you will be able to show mercy to others.  I pray that HIS grace will be extended over your life, so that you will be able to extend grace to those who hurt and offend you.  I pray today that you will allow HIM to transform and renew your mind so that you will become more like-minded to HIM.

Blessings,
Heather 









No comments:

Post a Comment