Thursday, October 2, 2014

live with excitement, and total enthusiasm

My son is five years old, and will be turning six in just two short months.  When he was born, we noticed was a sweet gentle soul he was.  He loved to snuggle with me,  his mama. Whenever I would nurse him he would rub my arm, and was a complete lover NOT a fighter.

When he turned one years old, my sweet gentle soul made his presence known that he was in fact still a sweet gentle soul, but more than that he was becoming our little fearless, curious, little warrior.  I always say that I didn't become a Mama until I had him, as up until then I didn't know what it really was to be challenged as a Mama.

While my son is still all the things listed above there is something new that I have discovered about him through teaching him Kindergarten at home.  My son totally lives his life with excitement, and total enthusiasm!  I can tell you that he is by far my most enthusiastic child when it comes to living life out loud!  

Since the beginning of school I have been teaching my children the scripture of the week.  He has really gotten into the memorization of it all, but what I'm noticing even beyond that is, he, my little five year old son, is NOT only hearing GOD's word, but truly speaking it, understanding it, and meditating his little mind around what his Mama is teaching him, as she is letting HIM lead her in teaching her children.

When I first became pregnant with my son I prayed that I would raise him to be a man of GOD. When I first realized that my son would be a handful, and challenge, I "thought" maybe I got my prayer wrong.  However, I can tell you with 100% certainty that my son, is exactly WHO HE intended for him to be all along.

Whenever there is something new to teach, or to experience, my sons enthusiasm to learn is unparalleled by either his dad, myself, or his four siblings.  If ever any of us is struggling to see the good in a situation, all we have to do is hang around this amazing little boy, and see his zest for life, and allow his contagious spirit to be poured over us, and into us.  

This morning I woke up seeking HIM, asking HIM show me this world through HIS eyes.  I never imagined that HE would use my son to teach me.  Actually, in thinking about it I'm not really all that shocked, as whenever I teach my son HIS word, something new and exciting happens.  

A few weeks ago our bible study was about how JESUS was teaching about the difference between the sheep and the goats.  As I read, I looked over and my son was hanging upside down from his chair, and chewing on his shirt.  I whispered to him, "sit up please, we need to hear GOD's word today," to which he replied "oh I am Mama."  So sure and full of confidence that I would prove him wrong I continued to read.  

"When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left." Matthew 25:31-33

At the end of our reading, my son looked at me and said, 'Mama we are the sheep," and he proceeded to quote the very first scripture I had him memorize which was "Let the Redeemed of the LORD tell their story."  Psalm 107:2  He went onto say, "Mama did you know, we are the Redeemed, HE is our REDEEMER see Mama, we are the sheep!"  

With tears in my eyes, and slowly fall down my cheeks I hugged him, and told HIM how amazing he is to me, and I silently thanked GOD for allowing me to be this sweet precious, gentle souls Mama.  I thanked him for allowing me to see life through my fearless, curious, little warriors eyes.  

Last week I began to teach him about CHRIST's crucifixion.  As I told him I watched his eyes getting bigger and bigger, and then saw tears falling down his sweet little cheeks.  I could tell he was having a very hard time understanding how someone could do that to our sweet JESUS.  I then thanked HIM for creating in my son such an amazing heart of compassion for people.  

After bible study yesterday my son began to tell his dad all about what he had been learning.  He was elated to learn that later CHRIST overcame death, and was resurrected.  The final part of our bible study was how JESUS told HIS disciples to go and make new disciples, upon hearing that he said, "Mama did you know, we are called to make disciples, you know Mama because we are the sheep?"  My heart soared, and swelled up with tremendous pride, that I, Heather, have been chosen to be this amazing little boy's Mama.  

We are coming up on the beginning of season of Thanksgiving, and celebrating CHRISTS birth, and I have to say that my son's enthusiasm for each of them in unmatched.  He is already thinking of ways to bless his siblings, and the rest of his family. He is so incredibly excited that Elfie our Elf on a Shelf will be making his debut after Thanksgiving Dinner.  He is so incredibly excited about getting to Christmas shop with his Daddy and I, and is already thinking about what he is going to buy for each of his siblings.

HIS Daily Teachings today is letting me know that if ever I doubt whether or NOT I am answering HIS calling as HE has intended for me to do it, I need NOT to focus on anyone other than HIM.  HE is telling me that in keeping my eyes focused solely on HIM, I will see HIM working in every single encounter I have in my life.  Today HE is challenging me to live with excitement, and total enthusiasm which has been so lovingly modeled for me by my son, my sweet innocent, precious, fearless, curious, warrior of a son.  Today HE is letting me know that if ever I doubt whether or NOT I am a good Mama, all I have to do is look at my amazing five children, and see that HE is creating in them compassionate and loving hearts for people.  

HE is reminding me once again that if ever I doubt whether or NOT someone truly cares for me, I must look no further than in my own home, as I am receiving HIS message loud and clear through each, hug, kiss, and encouraging and kind word I receive through my loving family.  

NEVER again will I EVER ask, "WHY LORD, WHY did you make me a Mama to five?"  Instead, I will praise HIM for the amazing opportunities to live with excitement, and total enthusiasm, as I get to live this amazing life that HE has chosen specifically for me, with the most amazing people I know.  Five of whom call me Mama....

My dear Brother and Sisters in CHRIST JESUS ~ I pray today that you will have the courage to seek HIM, and allow HIM to show you your life through HIS eyes.  I pray that you will see all the things that are hurting you, HE will use to build you up, stronger, and and will grow and strengthen your FAITH in HIM.  I pray that when you do, you will then see that you too can live your life with excitement, and total enthusiasm.  I pray today that if you are hurting, that you will seek HIM, and let HIM heal your aching heart.  I pray today that peace, compassion, understanding, love, and healing will be poured over you and through your obedience.

Much love, prayers, compassion, and understanding,

Your Sister in CHRIST JESUS,

~ Heather 


No comments:

Post a Comment