Saturday, October 4, 2014

One Hour

I never quite know what HE is going to teach me during our morning walks.  Today is one of those days.  My heart was weighing heavily for dear friends, several dear friends, and if I'm being honest, for the world of marriages where Satan has gotten his evil foot into the doors of their hearts.  My heart was aching for marriages, so much in fact I was wide awake at 2 a.m. talking to HIM about it.  

I finally fell back asleep and woke up four hours later and began my morning walk with HIM, so certain that HE was going to teach me about speaking HIS word into marriages.  Well, since I'm also in a season of growing and learning that everything is in HIS timing, and HIS provision, HE let me know right away that is NOT what I would be writing about.

HIS Daily Teachings today is teaching me about the importance of waiting.  HE is telling me that I must understand that while I wait, I must be JOYFUL, and practice patience.   So sure that I knew what HE would say next, I began to journal what I was saying, and HE let me know right away that those were my thoughts, and NOT HIS.  

"You can accomplish more in One Hour with GOD than in a lifetime without HIM."  Ralph Herring

HIS message is coming to me loud and clear this morning.  HE is telling me that I, Heather tend to forget that the things that I am "trying" to figure out, is NOT always something HE wants me to focus on.  HE is telling me that sometimes, HE is just waiting to see how JOYFUL I will be in practicing waiting on HIM for HIS perfect timing.

"Prayer is the power source"  Tammy Maltby "Lifegiving"

Since I am currently reading this new book, and my desire to be a lifegiver is growing HE is letting me know that I must understand that sometimes HIS teachings are as easy as One Hour Glasses Service.  HE is telling me that just as I needed glasses to see, there will be times when all I need to do in order to see, is seek HIS vision.  However, HE is letting me know that there are other times, just as I have experienced in my NOT so One Hour Glasses Service where in fact my prescription was more detailed, and needed more time to develop.  

HE is letting me know that I mustn't get discouraged when HIS vision isn't quite developed in my mind and heart.  HE is letting me know that this is ALL apart of HIS plan, and HE will only show me what I need to be seeing at precisely the times I need to see them.

HE is teaching me that sometimes the reason why I haven't been able to see with HIS vision is because there is so much more work to be done, and sometimes the work has NOTHING to do with me.  HE is telling me that I take things way too personally when I have HIS vision I am seeing people with HIS vision, and I become agitated, discouraged, and my thoughts, words, and actions become less than GOD honoring.

This pains me as this is truly the story of my life.  HE is telling me that just as HE is sometimes developing One Hour Vision in my life, HE is doing the same for someone else.  HE is wanting me to understand that just as I have complications in developing, as I refuse to let go of my agenda, other people, even other CHRIST FOLLOWERS do the same.  HE is telling me it's called being HUMAN.

What?  Surely you don't think  I  put unrealistic expectations on others?  Yikes!!!  The thought of what HE is telling me I do, is now being exposed as to my problems with difficult people.  HA!  This makes me smile, as I spent One Hour walking with HIM this morning to learn this. 

However, HE is telling me NOT to get ahead of myself, that just as I have received my One Hour Vision that doesn't mean that I am seeing everything.  HE is reminding me of the time where everything was working in my favor for One Hour Glasses, even down to the price.  HE is reminding me of my total elation, and excitement of being able to see better was quickly swept away from me as the storm hit and suddenly a misread prescription became more complicated.

HE is telling me that just like my prescription, my humanness, is the complication.  My free will, gets in the way of HIS will for my life, as I forget WHO HE is in my life, and HOW HE truly does love me best, and knows what is best for me.  How often I thank HIM for HIS goodness, and "try" and send HIM on HIS merry way.  That is until.......... yes, I, Heather, crash the car, and find myself in need of HIM once again.  

HE is wanting me to know that just as I struggle with the foolishness of my own free will, the same goes for other people.  HE is wanting me to understand that I mustn't be angry or agitated with someone WHO doesn't realize that HE is developing and giving them One Hour Vision as well.  I must choose to wait, and by wait HE means wait patiently, FULL of HIS JOY, with EXPECTANCY that HE is doing something GREAT within me, as I know that those are the times where HE is building my character, and strengthening my patience, and helping me to persevere.  

"Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope." Romans 5:3-4

"being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6

HE is also teaching me that One Hour can also be seen as One Hour Photo's.  HE is reminding me of the times where I have taken my camera film to be developed, with the promise of One Hour, only to find out that it would take several hours, and sometimes an entire day to be developed.  HE is telling me that I must understand that One Hour sometimes isn't possible, as HE is creating in me a patient JOYFUL heart so that I will be able to appreciate the beauty that is capture when I finally see the photos with HIS vision.  

HE is teaching me that I am like the photos that take longer to develop as that is how I will be able to see the beauty that came from the ashes.  HE is telling me that my beauty is being developed through HIS teachings, which is my intentional relationship, of where I have made a commitment to HIM to seek HIM daily, and ask HIM to teach, lead, and guide me through the depths of my heart, soul, body, and mind.  

"To console those who mourn in Zion, To give them beauty for ashes, The oil of joy for mourning, The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; That they may be called trees of righteousness, The planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified.” Isaiah 61:3

"That we must submit ourselves to the deep inner work of the WORD of GOD" Tammy Maltby "Lifegiving"

My Dear Brothers and Sisters in CHRIST JESUS ~ I pray today that you will seek HIM, and HIS One Hour Vision.  I pray that you will commit  yourself to HIS will and HIS ways and see how HE will transform and renew you.  I pray you will have the courage to ask HIM to reveal to you the depths of your heart, soul, and mind.  I pray today that you will be able to practice waiting patiently with a JOYFUL heart, as HE teaches you that HIS timing and provision are always perfect.  I pray that if your One Hour gets extended that you will hold fast, and wait with confidence, that HE is doing a good work in you and through you.  

Much love, prayer, and blessings,

Your Sister in CHRIST JESUS,

~ Heather 

No comments:

Post a Comment