Tuesday, December 23, 2014

chandelier

Earlier this month I attended our church's Women's Christmas Banquet with my two teen daughters. The theme of the banquet was SHINE.  The message was clear, that we as HIS ambassadors are called to SHINE HIS light.  Foolishly I allowed myself to "think" well of course I am, and of course I do that.  However as the month lived out, I missed the mark so many times, so it was no surprise this morning in my AHA moment where I realized that the message at church on Sunday was about HIS light, and how even a dim light, can illuminate a room.  

Well since we have already established that I am indeed a slooooooow learner, it caught me off guard this morning, that when I began to seek HIM that HE lead me straight to understanding and knowing that HE is filling with HIS wisdom and knowledge, so that while I am walking this part of my journey with HIM, I am still able to SHINE HIS light.  HE is telling me the way in which I choose to SHINE HIS light depends on WHO I decide I will listen to, which VOICE I will choose to follow.  

" No one lights a lamp and hides it in a clay jar or puts it under a bed. Instead, they put it on a stand, so that those who come in can see the light.  For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open.  Therefore consider carefully how you listen. Whoever has will be given more; whoever does not have, even what they think they have will be taken from them.” Luke 8:16-18

HIS Daily Teachings today is challenging me to think about what kind of light I am in this broken, fallen, and lost world.  HE is letting me know that in the midst of the sorrow, sadness, and pain of losing my son, I have allowed my light, HIS light to be snuffed out.  HE is wanting me to know that while it may happen at times, HE is letting me know that it doesn't have to be that way.  HE is telling me that in order to keep my light lit, all I have to do is lean in, and press into HIM, by choosing to stand firm in my FAITH, that HIS light is always SHINING for me.  

HE is letting me know that over the past few weeks I have had several people say and do horrible, awful mean things to me, and in that happening I have allowed HIS light in me, to grow dim, and in the blinding pain that I have been living with, and living through I have retreated in my FAITH, and have taken HIS JOY with me. HE is lovingly reminding me this morning that as HIS FAITHFUL, HUMBLE, SERVANT I am to be living this life that I have been blessed with as set apart.  This means that I am called to walk this journey of grief differently from the way that world is telling me I should be walking.

"Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship.  Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will." 
Romans 12:1-2

"Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things." Colossians 3:2

For the past few mornings I have cried out to HIM that though I know HIS JOY is there for me, I can't feel it, nor can I SEE it.   HE is telling me that is because when someone hurts me, I retreat into HIS arms, I run for cover in an effort to shield myself from anymore hurt or pain.  HE is letting me know that HE will always be my shelter, and my place of refuge, but just because I need to retreat, I can still rest safely in HIS arms, and I am still able to SHINE HIS light.

"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him." Psalm 28:7

Today HE is teaching me about the fear that I have in letting HIS light shine of what others will think of me.  HE is reminding me once again that the only fear I need to have is that of HIM.  HE is letting me know that fear of HIM, is my treasure.  Therefore, I, Heather, must seek HIM and allow myself to be filled with HIS wisdom, and HIS knowledge, so that I will know and understand how I am to SHINE HIS light.   

"turning your ear to wisdom  and applying your heart to understandingindeed, if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding, and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the Lord  and find the knowledge of God." Proverbs 2:2-5

During my hearts cry to HIM today, HE led me straight to a devotional within my bible, and began to teach me about SHINE HIS light, by teaching me and showing me the ways I choose to SHINE HIS light.  HE is telling me that there are several ways that I am able to SHINE HIS light, and is letting me know that there isn't just one way that I am to live, but through HIS HOLY SPIRIT, teaching, leading, and guiding me I am being blessed with HIS knowledge and wisdom of how to SHINE HIS light, even when it hurts, even when I don't understand.  

HE is letting me know that HIS wisdom, HIS knowledge are HIS gift to me as the foundation of which I am able to stand firm in my FAITH in HIM.  HE is reminding me that HE is my strength, and that HE will hold me firmly in HIS grasp, so that through my salvation I will be able to withstand the storms of my life, and NEVER have to fear when I feel as though I may slip away from HIS firm, and secure grasp.  For this reason HE is reminding me that HE is my anchor, HIS HOPE, of which HE has been teaching me about is so that when the waters rise and the waves crash, I won't be washed out to sea. 

" This day is holy to our Lord. Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.” Nehemiah 8:10

"We who have run for our very lives to God have every reason to grab the promised hope with both hands and never let go. It’s an unbreakable spiritual lifeline, reaching past all appearances right to the very presence of God where Jesus, running on ahead of us, has taken up his permanent post as high priest for us, in the order of Melchizedek." Hebrews 6:18-20 The Message Bible

Even though I know what my favorite Psalm is, I still have forgotten the exact wording, and so of course as I began to search HIS word for answers, HE led me straight to my Psalm, HIS gift to me, and once I again I have been reminded that HIS word, my bible, is alive. As always, the words, HIS words jumped right off the page, straight into my heart, as I began to soak in what HE was saying to me.

"The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold." Psalm 18:2

HE is letting me know that I am to SHINE HIS light no matter what the circumstances may be in my life.  HE is wanting me to know that HE knows my pain, HE knows how much I am struggling, and HE knew that I the further I retreated into HIS loving arms, the harder I would lean in and press into HIS word for the answers as to how I am able to SHINE HIS light, even when all I SEE is darkness.

"The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it." John 1:5

HE is teaching me that there are times where I am a candle.  Meaning that I SHINE HIS light bright through my passion for HIM and HIS truth, however, the moment that I am challenged by something that threatens to snuff out HIS light, I shut down, shut up, and allow HIS light to be snuffed out, even though I so desperately need and want HIS light to SHINE as bright as the SUN in me.  In my needing to remember this, HE has placed a song that I sang many years ago in Sunday School.  "This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine, let it shine, let it shine, let it shine.  Won't let Satan blow it out, I'm gonna let it shine, let it shine, let it shine, let it shine." 

HE is telling me that HE has created me, and has always intended for me to be a candle that burns bright with HIS light, a candle that is able to SHINE HIS light no matter how hard things may get in my journey called life.   HE is letting me know that never do I need to worry about anything, rather I must choose to pray about everything, including being able to SHINE HIS light when darkness is hovering over me.  HE is wanting me to know that HE knows and SEES the darkness (the enemy), and HE has a plan, all I have to do is agree to keep SHINING HIS light and trust and know that HE has it all worked out for good.  

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[a] have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

HE is letting me know that there are times where I am a floodlight.  This means that I SHINE HIS light brighter than a candle and in doing so I blinded people with my need to speak HIS truth, and pretty much cram HIS truth, HIS words, HIS way, HIS purpose HIS everything down the throats of all who I encounter.  HE is wanting me to know that while it has always been intended that I would SHINE HIS light brightly, HE doesn't want me to forget WHO I am shining it for, and it's NOT me. 

"Not to us, Lord, not to us but to your name be the glory, because of your love and faithfulness." Psalm 115:1

"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." Matthew 6:33

YIKES!!!! What a great reminder and HIS way of humbling me, so that I am truly walking in the way of which HE has always intended for me to walk.  HE is letting me know that if ever I am in doubt of whether or NOT I am living and walking according to HIS plan, HIS will, all I have to do is ask.  HE is telling me that is the reason HE has left behind the gift of HIS HOLY SPIRIT, so that I would just how bright I am to SHINE HIS light.

"He has shown you, O mortal, what is good.  And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God" Micah 6:8

HE is letting me know that there are also times where I choose to SHINE HIS light as a flashlight. Meaning that I only SHINE HIS light during emergencies. HE is telling me that NEVER must I ever "think" that the only time I am to SHINE HIS light is in times of desperate need on behalf of the person in need of it. For this reason, I know that is WHY HE has taught me the reason why HE has had me meditate, soak, in lean in, and press into HIS word of why I am called to live my life as a contagious CHRISTIAN and NOT a closet CHRISTIAN.

"Every time we think of you, we thank God for you. Day and night you’re in our prayers as we call to mind your work of faith, your labor of love, and your patience of hope in following our Master, Jesus Christ, before God our Father. It is clear to us, friends, that God not only loves you very much but also has put his hand on you for something special. When the Message we preached came to you, it wasn’t just words. Something happened in you. The Holy Spirit put steel in your convictions.  You paid careful attention to the way we lived among you, and determined to live that way yourselves. In imitating us, you imitated the Master. Although great trouble accompanied the Word, you were able to take great joy from the Holy Spirit!—taking the trouble with the joy, the joy with the trouble." 1 Thessalonians 1:2-6 The Message Bible

HIS final teaching today is letting me know that there are times where I am also a chandelier which is the way HE has always intended for me to SHINE HIS light.  HE is telling me that when I choose to SHINE as a chandelier I will illuminate HIS light in a beautiful way, so that anyone and everyone that I encounter will SEE HIS beauty in me. HE is telling me that the reason I will know and understand as to WHY I am called to SHINE HIS light as a chandelier is because that the light is HIGH above anything else, and HE is wanting me to know that when I choose to live my life in HIS firm, loving grasp, I don't have to fear what is there trying to take me out, rather I can rest safely in HIS arms, and in resting I am able to SHINE HIS light, in the broken, dark, and fallen world of HIS FAITHFULNESS.  


"God brings death and God brings life, brings down to the grave and raises up.God brings poverty and God brings wealth;he lowers, he also lifts up. He puts poor people on their feet again; he rekindles burned-out lives with fresh hope, Restoring dignity and respect to their lives—a place in the sun! For the very structures of earth are God’s; he has laid out his operations on a firm foundation. He protectively cares for his faithful friends, step by step, but leaves the wicked to stumble in the dark. No one makes it in this life by sheer muscle! God’s enemies will be blasted out of the sky, crashed in a heap and burned. God will set things right all over the earth,he’ll give strength to his king, he’ll set his anointed on top of the world!" 1 Samuel 2:6-10 The Message Bible

Today HE is answering yet another one of my hearts cries, and this is for people to SEE so much more of HIM in me, and so much less of me.  HE is telling me that in choosing to live this way, that is how I will know, that I am in right standing with HIM.  HE is wanting me to know that being in right standing with HIM means that I am living in HIS Kingdom, and that my hearts cry becomes about HIS Kingdom, and letting go of my Kingdom.  This is truly what I want more than ever in my life, my walk, my journey with HIM.

""But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." Matthew 6:33

" To this John replied, “A person can receive only what is given them from heaven. You yourselves can testify that I said, ‘I am not the Messiah but am sent ahead of him.’ The bride belongs to the bridegroom. The friend who attends the bridegroom waits and listens for him, and is full of joy when he hears the bridegroom’s voice. That joy is mine, and it is now complete. He must become greater; I must become less.” John 3:27-30

HE is reminding me of a quote I read yesterday, "GOD doesn't want you to live like other CHRISTIANS, HE wants you to live like CHRIST."  HE is letting me know that I have allowed myself to get wrapped up and caught up in how everyone else is letting HIS light SHINE, that I been every kind of light, except the chandelier as HE has always intended for me to SHINE HIS light.

HE is teaching me that in choosing to SHINE HIS light as a chandelier I, Heather, am showing this world that  HE truly does make beauty from ashes, as my heart has been shattered, ripped from my chest, and slowly HE is putting me back together, in the way that HE has always intended for me to be.  He is letting me know that just as candle, a chandelier, can be dimly lit.  HE is telling me that just as a floodlight, a chandelier can be lit up brightly.  HE is telling me that just a flash light, a chandelier hangs up, so that in darkness just as HE is my lighthouse, I too can SHINE HIS light for all to SEE.  HE is wanting me to know that HE is calling me to be ALL of those, wrapped up in HIS loving arms, as HIS FAITHFUL, humble, chandelier of light.

" and provide for those who grieve in Zion—to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness,
a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor." Isaiah 61:3

My Dear Brother and Sisters in CHRIST JESUS, it is my prayer that my journey, my walk, my life, is my testimony to all that will know and hear will SEE that HE is indeed good in ALL circumstances.  Even in the death of a child, HE is still good.  That HIS light is worthy, it is to SHINE bright above else.  I pray that you will know that if you too are feeling as if though you are living in darkness, that you will look up and SEE HIS light shining for you, that even a dimly lit light will guide you on HIS path, so that you will be able to SHINE HIS light, as HIS FAITHFUL, humble, chandelier no matter what the circumstances may be in your life.  I pray today that you will feel HIS love, and SEE HIS presence in your ordinary everyday life, that you will know and understand that HE truly does love you, and that HE will reveal HIMSELF in every single detail of your life.

With much, love, prayers, compassion, and grace,

Your Sister in CHRIST JESUS,

~ Heather 



No comments:

Post a Comment