Monday, November 4, 2013

dance in the rain

This morning I completed my bible study on Lysa Terkeurst's new book called "What Happens When Women Say "YES" to GOD."    When I look back on the weeks that I spent in this bible study, I think about the reoccurring theme, that I believe GOD is wanting me to know and understand and that is "Radical Obedience." 

Each week GOD placed either a message at church, or a circumstance in my life that solidified everything I was learning in this bible study.  Each morning I dove into this book, with an urgency as my life as I know it had become more and more challenging.  As each day passed it became more apparent to me, that HE was calling me to something even BIGGER than what I was already doing.  My life as I know started to dramatically change, my perspective changed, and before I knew it I was praying about things I had never even thought about before.  I was praying for people whom I didn't really care for.  Week after week HE was building me to be able to withstand the trials and storms that were brewing in my life. 

Normally during a storm, I would cry out, "why me? Please help me!"  However, through HIS Daily Teachings, I have learned that it is o.k. to cry out, however I better be ready to go where HE calls me to go.  I better be ready to do what HE calls me to do.  This morning HE has reminded me of a saying, "Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass, its about learning to dance in the rain."

Though I have heard that saying many times, I never quite understood the magnitude of the meaning behind that saying.  I have learned that GOD is asking me to trust HIM with everything, and to not worry about anything.  HE is calling me to give my life away to live with HIS plans and HIS purpose.  HE is telling me that though the storms may be brewing in my life, and well as you know when it rains it pours, well because HE is my LORD and SAVIOR I am able to dance in the rain.

Admist all the tragedies in my life, I have learned this:  HE has never left me.  HE will never forsake me.  HIS love is unending, and unfailing.  HIS mercies are new every morning.  Each day I am given is a gift from GOD. 

"This is the day the Lord has made;We will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

 Being able to dance in the rain of the storms of my life, is an honor.  It means that beyond all of what I am able to understand in my humanness, I know and trust that HE has it all worked out for my own good.  I have learned that I am not here by chance, I just never realized how great HIS purpose is for my life.  

This morning, HE has revealed to me just what those chances are.  

~ A chance to help HIS miracles be born. 

~ A chance to witness to the lost and the broken.  

~ A chance to love, just as JESUS loves. 

~ A chance to give grace, grace that has ultimately saved my life, and is life saving for others.

~ A chance to be not of this world.  Living my life focused on HIM, and not what the world is telling me to do.  

~ A chance to be the hand's and feet of JESUS.  To go beyond myself, and to serve others.  To give up myself, and seek ways to help bring HIS kingdom of Heaven here to Earth.  

~ A chance to be a world-changer.  In helping bring HIS Kingdom of Heaven here to Earth, people will see and know HIS truth, and be filled with HIS word.  

~ A chance to live a truly blessed life. 

~ A chance to live in TRUE peace.  

~ A chance to know and understand what it truly means to "be still and know that I am GOD."  Psalm 46:10  

~ A chance to live my life with true meaning and purpose.  

~ A chance to bring healing to others, as I have been anointed by HIM.  

~ A chance to speak life into people not death.  

All of these wonderfully blessed chances, all because I said "YES" to GOD.

"The mark of a truly GODLY woman is one who reveals the power of GOD not so much in her doing, as in her being."

HE is teaching me that its not always about what I am doing, but rather who I am while I am doing it.  The words of my Pastor keeping coming to mind, "You will know WHO you are when you know WHOSE you are."   I have learned that in order to fully understand WHOSE I am, I must seek HIM daily and ask HIM to teach, lead, and guide me through every single moment of my day.  I must seek HIM, as each day passes the devil becomes more and more enraged with me, and hunts me down.  Satan is always right there waiting for me to slip up, and creates many diversions in my journey towards wholeness.  I am learning that when I don't start my day off in HIS word, I allow Satan to get closer to me than I realize.  Sadly, by the time I realize what has happened, I have been completely derailed, and usually I have either said something or done something that is not GOD honoring.

I must seek HIM everyday at the start of my day, as I know that I can't do anything without HIM.  I know that when I try to do things on my own, I make a HUGE mess out of my life.  I have often said, "I wonder if GOD face palms, as I make a TON of mistakes."  HE has revealed to me that no matter what I may say or do, HE is in love with me, and HE desires a relationship with me.  HE wants to train me, and build me to withstand the storms in my life, so that I can and will be able to dance in the rain.

HE is teaching me that dancing in the rain is the willingness to admit my weaknesses, and allow HIM to humble me.  HE is letting me know that I will be able to dance in the rain when I let go of my foolish pride, and seek HIM for HIS plans and HIS purpose for my life.  Dancing in the rain is knowing I am in a storm, however knowing that HE is with  me, and HE has it all worked out for my own good.

Today HE is wanting me to know that "Life isn't about being comfortable, and taking the easy route."  Life is about weathering the storms with HIM as HE helps me soar above the waves, and the peace of knowing that HIS plans and HIS purpose for my life are far greater than anything I could ever imagine.  HE is letting me know that my life is about being a world-changer, and making a difference in the cruel harsh world we live in.  Dancing in the rain is about seeking HIM to be filled with HIS compassion, HIS love, HIS grace, HIS mercy, and HIS forgiveness.   It is about me wanting to serve other's amidst my own struggles, and being able to have a grateful heart about my life, even though my circumstances may be less than desirable.

"Our time here is a small dot on an eternal line."

I know that my time here is so small in HIS plans, therefore it is my greatest heart's desire to live a life that leaves a legacy of being a truly GODLY woman who picked up her cross daily, and followed HIM wherever HE called her to go.

"The radically obedient person is blessed with an eternal perspective."

"We don't have to create opportunities to say "YES" to GOD.  GOD has already gone before us and established them.  We simply have to respond."

I am learning that the opportunities I am seeking are when the storms of life hit me.  HE is letting me know that it is during those storms that I must be able to dance.  HE has promised that by saying "YES" to HIM I will be able to live a truly peaceful and joyful life.  Therefore, no matter how big the storm may be in my life, I must say "YES" to HIM.

The final words of the book left me filled with hope, "What happens when a woman says "YES" to GOD? The world is changed."

I pray today that when the storms of life come, that you will be able to dance in the rain.  I pray that this blog will be a blessing to your life today, that HIS words will seep into your heart, and that you will be filled with HIS love, and HIS peace as you too weather the storm.  I pray that you will have the courage to seek HIM, and be able to "be still and know that HE is GOD."  

Blessings,
Heather 





No comments:

Post a Comment