Sunday, November 3, 2013

humbled...

As I continue this journey each day with GOD, I am amazed by the magnitude of HIS love for me.  I say this because, well even though I seek HIM Daily, I still mess up daily.  There are some days where I don't seek HIM at all, and those days, well those days are my most toughest days.  I just went through one of those tough days yesterday, and it is because of my laziness, and lack of self control that I fell completely flat on my face, and landed right where I am this morning in HIS word. 

HIS Daily Teachings today is to let me know that I must choose to walk each and every day in Radical Obedience.  This morning HE has revealed to me, that all too often I am living the life of radical obedience, and of disobedience.  HE is letting me know that I can't live in both worlds, I must choose.  Today HE has revealed to me that my choices are: "Being radically obedient, and having HIS radical blessings poured over my life, or accepting the life altering, and destructive invitation to hang out on the devil's playground.

HE is wanting me to know that I can't seek  HIM wholeheartedly when I am allowing my heart to be pulled in another direction, that completely contradicts HIS plan, and HIS purpose for my life.  HE is telling me that HE sees where I fall short, and it is through my weakness that HIS strength is made perfect.  HE is wanting me to know that just because I have said "YES" to HIM doesn't mean that I won't struggle, however it does mean that it is through my struggles, that HE will help me persevere, and I will be made whole through HIS strength. 

"But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me." 2 Corinthians 12:9

HE is letting me know that until I seek HIM to create in me the desire to persevere every single day of  my life, I will fall short, I will fall flat on my face.  I will struggle, and it is during those times of falling flat on my face, and struggling that I will lose.  I am learning that when I fail to seek HIM to create the desire in me, I pull myself further away from HIS plans and HIS purpose for my life.  HE is wanting me to know that HE doesn't want me to be discouraged in my times of struggle, but rather stand strong in my faith, and my belief in HIM that HE can, will, and does see me through the storms of my life.  Therefore, I must be thankful for the storms that I endure in my journey towards wholeness.

"Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance;  perseverance, character; and character, hope.  And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us." Romans 5:3-5

" Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.  Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:2-4


Once again the current theme of my life continues, and that is "Radical Obedience."  HE is letting me know that I must seek HIM to create the desire in my daily for "radical obedience."  HE is telling me that it is through my "radical obedience" that I am able to persevere through my storms of my journey.

Today I am reminded of what my true calling is to be a CHRIST FOLLOWER, and that is not just to praise HIM for the blessings in my life, but rather praise HIM for my times of trouble, and trials.  Casting Crowns sings a song about this very thing, and this morning I am comforted by this song, as I know it is my HEAVENLY FATHER speaking to me through it.

"I was sure by now
God You would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
Stepped in and saved the day
But once again, I say "Amen", and it's still raining (how this is so true for my life, how there are times where the storm in my life is so HUGE, that I think, "surely YOU will rescue me now?"  Then my reality hits, and I realize that HE'S not going to rescue me, but HE is going to see me through it, and I will persevere as HE is with me.)

As the thunder rolls
I barely hear Your whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away ( this has been a HUGE challenge for me to learn.  Praising the GOD who gives and takes away has been one of my toughest life lesson's I have had to learn.   The journey through that lesson was one that at first I laid down and gave up, gave in and accepted the invitation to the devil's playground.  Thankfully GOD saw the path I was taking, and started to place detours from that destructive path I was on.  However, it took almost two years for me to see the destructive path I was on, but as soon as I did, HE rescued me.)

[Chorus:]
And I'll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
And every tear I've cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm (there were times during that storm that I cried so hard, I don't think I ever stopped.  I cried for months on end.  There were days where I didn't even get out of bed, and it was in my loss, that my children lost their Mama.  It grieves me to know how lonely my children must have felt.  Not only to lose their Mama, but to see her lose herself.  It is with tears this morning that I am humble enough to admit that I gave in, and gave up.  I changed the dynamic of our family, and I am now living with the consequences of the choices that I made then.  However, I am not without HOPE as I know that HE will see me through it all, and I know when I seek HIM, HE can, will, and does help me to persevere through every single one of the storms in my life.)

Today HE is letting me know that HE is honored by me just for being humble enough to share that I had a prideful heart.  In choosing to be humble HIS grace has been showered over my life.  If I have learned anything is this:  GOD will take every opportunity to make sure that I understand the importance of being humble.  I am learning that when HE sees my heart as prideful, HE will seek me, and bring me to my knees, and will keep my face down until I repent, surrender, and seek HIS forgiveness, and ask HIM to teach, lead, and guide me through every single moment of my day.  Therefore, I must allow myself to be humbled, and I must submit to GOD and HIS Daily Teachings for my life.  I must say "NO" to the deadly invitation to play on the devil's playground.

"But he gives us more grace. That is why Scripture says:“God opposes the proud    but shows favor to the humble. Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.  Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded." James 4:6-8

"Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up." James 4:10

This morning HE has let me know that HE doesn't expect perfection from me, however HE does expect me to be humble enough to admit my weaknesses and it is then that I must commit myself in saying "YES" to HIM, and follow through with HIS plans and HIS purpose for my life.  HE is letting me know that every decision I make is my choice to make.  HE is wanting me to know that, I will no longer be able to hide behind the idea that "someone else ruined my day."  HE is showing me how in my past I have put all the blame on others for my poor decisions I have made in how to navigate through the storms in my life.  HE is showing me that in choosing to be prideful, I have missed out on HIS blessings for my life.  HE is letting me know that under no circumstances will HE ever allow me to remain prideful without consequences for my choices.

I am learning that I must choose to not let anyone rob me of my joy.  I must choose to be joyful, so that I am able to be "radically obedient, and it is only then that I will be "radically blessed."  I am learning that it is only when I choose to be humble that I am able to understand what HE is telling me, and truly be "radically obedient."

HE is wanting me to know that HE doesn't want me to live the "easy" life, but HE does want me to live my live with purpose.  Specifically a life full of HIS purpose and HIS plans that HE has made and tailored specifically for me.

"for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose." Philippians 2:13

I pray today that you will be humbled by GOD and you will seek HIM to help you through the storms of your life.  I pray that you will see the detours HE has placed in your path, as the path you are on only leads to destruction.  I pray that you will allow HIM to humble you so that you will be able to live out your life with HIS plans and HIS purpose for you.  I pray today that if you don't already know HIM, that you will have the courage to seek HIM and accept HIM into your heart.  I pray today that in choosing to say "YES" to HIM that HIS favor and blessings will be poured over your life.

Blessings,
Heather 





No comments:

Post a Comment