Friday, November 1, 2013

abundant sacrifice = abundant living

As I have written before I am currently in a struggle of letting go of the "things" in my life, and seeking more of HIM.  Currently I am struggling with the overwhelming abundance of candy in our home, as last night all five of my children went trick-or-treating.  Though I felt a pull on my heart by GOD to not do it this year, I said, "NO" to HIM, and "YES" to what the world was saying to me about my children having fun.  Over and over the same thought ran through my mind, "its all in good fun."

However, this morning I sit, knowing that there is an abundance of candy.  D, and my girls will be leaving for work and school, and it will be just the two little boys and I.  So naturally it is no surprise that the first thought that came to my mind this morning was, "Oh JESUS, help me, there is so much candy in this house."  

The more I thought about it, the more depressed I became, as I have been struggling with getting back on track with my health, through eating right and exercising.  I have allowed myself to come up with excuse after excuse as to why I couldn't.  I know what I am capable of, however I am too selfish to give up myself, and seek HIM in my journey towards healthy living. 

The other struggle I am currently in, is my "need" to make our current house a home.  I am still in the "oh it would be nice if we had this" phase.  So instead, of praying, and waiting patiently..... well...... have we met?  If we haven't, well allow me to introduce myself, "Hi I'm Heather, and I am not good at be patient."

As I typed those words, GOD said to me, "I am patient, and I am waiting for you, I want to help you, but you must trust me.  The same thing HE said to me this morning as I poured my heart out to HIM about this abundance of candy in the house.  Somewhere in the midst of my pouring, HE said to me, "When you feel like you want to eat some of the candy, talk to me."  

This morning I am being reminded that when I give up myself, and follow HIM wholeheartedly, HE can, will, and does provide for my every need.  The same goes for the "things" that I "think" we "need" for our new home, HE is asking me to wait patiently, give up myself, and see if HE doesn't open the floodgates of HIS blessings.

HE has reminded me this morning that it is through abundant sacrifice that I am able to live a truly abundant life.  HE has let me know that when I let go of my "thinking" that I "need" things in my life, HE will bless me for that.  Once again, HIS theme is staying put in my life, and I have a feeling that it is going to be here for a long time.  Two words, "Radical Obedience."


Today I am hearing, "Trust me," so why is it that I, Heather someone who has been so radically blessed, why do I struggle with trusting HIM completely?  HE is letting me know that when I do trust HIM, it is then and only then that HE will throw open the floodgates of HIS blessings, and pour them over my life.  Therefore, I must let go of my "thinking" that I am in "need" and present all of my hopes and desires to HIM.  Today I must truly trust HIM and give HIM my all, so that I will be able to live a truly abundant life.

" Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the Lord Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it." Malachi 3:10

I am learning that while HE is calling me tithe, HE is also calling me to give above my tithe.  HE is telling me that this goes beyond, money, and includes my time, thoughts, actions, well all of me.  HE is letting me know that until I am able to give up all of me, HE won't be able to bless me in the way that HE wants to.  HE is letting me know that when I live a truly radically obedient life, I will be truly radically blessed.

HE is wanting me to know that even though I am o.k. with tithing and feel comfortable tithing, HE isn't interested in whether or not I am comfortable.  HE is letting me know that HE is interested that I am living outside of my comfort zone, as when I am, I am truly dependent on HIM for all of my "needs."  Therefore, I must leave my comfort zone, and trust HIM completely and live with a heart for abundant sacrifice so that I will live a truly abundant life.

HE is reminding me once again, that this is not about me, but is all about HIM.  HE is letting me know that HE is fully aware of my humanness, and my "need" for instant gratification.  I am learning that nothing escapes HIM, even when I "think" no one hears my thoughts, HE does.  I know that HE knows my thoughts, before I even think them.  Today I pray that my thoughts will be centered around bring glory and honor to HIM, and not around my selfish, self serving, "needs."

HE is letting me know that HE knows my heart, and knows how much I enjoy giving to my family, and buying things for our home.  HE is asking me to trust HIM, that HE knows all the desires of my heart, and is asking me to wait for HIM, and let HIM bless me with my desires of my heart.   HE is letting me know that by waiting for HIM, I will be able to enjoy HIS blessings so much more.

"Today I pray, LORD JESUS, let my vision be inspired by YOU.  Father when you speak, open my ears to only hear YOUR voice.  LORD, when you call me to move, help me to move.  Father when you ask me to forgive, create in me a heart of forgiveness.  Lord when you ask me to give, Father create in me a servants heart of giving.  JESUS, help me to remove this foolish pride that resides in my heart, and help me to seek YOU and wait for YOUR "whispers" as to how I must live my life.  LORD, help me to trust YOU, and keep reminding me of all the radical blessings that YOU have bestowed upon me.  LORD JESUS, I pray that YOUR favor and blessings will be poured over my life, in my radical obedience.  LORD, I pray that I will be able to live with abundant sacrifice, so that I will be able to live a truly abundant life. In YOUR HOLY, MIGHTY, and JUST name, Amen."

I pray today that you will be able to trust HIM and live with a heart for abundant sacrifice so that you will be able to live a truly abundant life.  I pray today that you will seek HIM to teach, lead, and guide you to live that life.  I pray today for you to be filled with the courage and conviction to live out HIS calling for your life.  I pray today that the floodgates of HIS blessings will be poured over your life for your obedience.

Blessings,
Heather 



No comments:

Post a Comment