Wednesday, November 27, 2013

"reprogrammed"

Early this morning, like clockwork, I could feel HIM calling me and telling me it was time to get up.  I looked at the clock and it said 4:32 a.m.  Thinking to myself, "not today LORD, I'm sleeping in."  It's now 5:26 a.m. and I just finished my bible study, so you can see who won this morning.  

This morning HE set the stage for me to understand just what it is that HE is trying to teach me today.  A "normal" day for me starts out like this:  My two teenage daughters are fighting over clothes.  I have forgotten that I needed to iron my husbands dress clothes.  My four year old son runs into his eight year old sisters room and steals something.  She beings to cry, and the yelling begins.  My one year old son is ripped from sleep from all the yelling, and he is soaked through his pajamas and sheets and blankets.  Everywhere I walk there is a mess in every area of our home.  The garbage that someone conveniently "forgot" to take out, is starting to smell horrible by the back door.  As I retreat to the kitchen to get away from all the "fighting" I step into something sticky.  I can hear that my two teenagers fight is escalating, and my other two children are beginning to hit one another.  Pretty soon I can hear someone say, "Mama make her stop, make her give it to me."  I'm not responding, as secretly I am hoping that they won't find me.  However, as it never fails, when I don't answer them, they bring the fight to me.   Now I am refereeing a fight about clothes, over a toy, and dealing with a now screaming soaking wet toddler.  My husband is running around frantically looking for something decent to wear to work, as he is now late!  Until it is time to go the fighting continues, and when all school aged children are finally gone to school, I am left in the aftermath of the destruction of the morning.  My two little boys are needing attention, and I. am. spent.  

I retreat upstairs for a quick shower, and strip my toddlers crib.  I forgo doing my hair, or any makeup and grab both boys and put them in the tub. While they are bathing, the thoughts begin.  Before long, tears fall, and I begin to repeat my thoughts out loud.  Over and over I say how overwhelmed I am.  I ask GOD if HE's sure that I was made for this?  I continue to let the doubts and feelings of defeat roll freely from my tongue, and before I know it, I have myself all worked up.

HIS Daily Teachings today was to let me know that Satan and his demons have had years to program all of their garbage and lies into me, and now because I have decided to follow JESUS, HE is waiting patiently to "reprogram" me.  HE is wanting me to know that it is vital that I allow myself to be "reprogrammed."

I am learning that this means I must not allow my negative thinking to cultivate in my mind, as it will then become my words.  HE is wanting me to know that I must allow HIM to "reprogram" me to have life-generating thoughts, so then my words will be life-generating.  HE is wanting me to know that HE is like the anti-virus protector in my mind, as Satan is the virus, or as I like to say, "the broken record" that plays over and over in my mind.

HE is wanting me to know that when the negative thoughts come, HE is there fighting the good fight with me.  Therefore, I must allow myself to being "reprogrammed" so that I will then be CHRIST like.  I am learning that this means I must rebuke all negative thinking, and strike the word "overwhelmed" from my vocabulary.  I must not allow Satan and his demons to cloud my thinking, and to pull the wool over my eyes.  I must see past the smoke screens and mirrors that Satan and his demons have methodically and strategically placed in my life.  I must choose to let go... and allow myself to be "reprogrammed" by HIS HOLY SPIRIT.

HE is showing me that when the waters rise, and the oceans rage in my life, I need to know that HE is there.  HE can, will, and does carry me through.  I am learning that it is by my faith and trust in HIM that I am not overtaken by the waves of storms in my life.  HE is letting me know that when I allow myself to be "reprogrammed" NOTHING can overwhelm me.

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you;when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you." Isaiah 43:2

HE is wanting me to know that the only way I can face the challenges in my life, is to go through them.  HE is  teaching me that HE will help me through the rough times, and HE can, will, and always does sustain me.  I am learning that with HIM, NOTHING impossible.  Time and again, HE has proven this to be true for my life.

"I can do all things through him who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

HE is telling me that HE is equipping me to be able to climb the mountains of circumstances in my life.  HE is letting me know that with HIM, I will be able to overcome, therefore, I must continue to seek HIM, and let myself be "reprogrammed" in order to achieve victory in HIM.

HE is wanting me to understand that while I am searching for some worldly thing to "help me" through the tough times in my life, I must realize that the only way through things in my life, is with HIM leading me.  HE is telling me that though I may be able to navigate a single storm in my life, the storms will rage and the oceans will rise, and the waves will be upon me once again.   I am learning that by allowing myself to be "reprogrammed" I will no longer have to gasp for air when the waves wash over me.  I know that HE will sustain me, and HE will help me tread the water, get back on my feet, and continue to walk the journey that HE has chosen for me.

"God, the Lord, is my strength;  he makes my feet like the deer's;  he makes me tread on my high places. To the choirmaster: with stringed instruments." Habakkuk 3:19

HE is teaching me that once crucial way that HE is reprogramming me is for me to choose life.  HE has revealed to me that this is the complete opposite as to what I have been conditioned to believe for so long.  Even without realizing it, and "thinking" that I was choosing life, I have been choosing death, by allowing the lies of Satan and his demons to spill from my lips.  I am learning that in order to choose life, I must first think life, so then I will speak life.  

This past weekend at church the Worship Pastor talked about what Thanksgiving should mean to us.  He went onto say that we should write on our hand a blessing that we are so thankful.  That day I wrote my "faith legacy."  That has started with me, in speaking GOD's truth, no matter what the "naysayers" have said in my life.  The legacy that I am leaving my children, and then their children.  My great-grandmother left a legacy of love, grace, and mercy, but she never spoke of JESUS to me until I became a CHRIST follower.  I came to CHRIST on my own, not because I was encouraged by anyone else.  I don't want to be like that, hide my faith, I want to live my faith out loud.  

HE has shown me this morning that my desire to live my faith out loud is a direct result of allowing myself to be "reprogrammed."  I know that HIS blessings and HIS favor will be poured over my life, and the generations to come in my families life because of the decisions that I am making today.  Therefore, I must remember that it is vital to allow myself to continue to be "reprogrammed" to have CHRIST like thinking, speaking, and actions.  I must choose to live a life that is full of HIS plans and HIS purpose for my life, and rebuke any and all thoughts of Satan and his demons.

" I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live" Deuteronomy 30:19

Joyce Meyer writes: "Don't give up.  When the battle seems endless and you think you'll never make it, remember that you are reprogramming a very carnal, fleshly, worldly mind to think as GOD thinks."

HE is wanting me to know that as long as I am going to be spending time doing something why not choose to speak thoughts that will move me forward and not keep me in the same miserable mess I am finding myself in.  HE is wanting me to know that in choosing to speak life-generating thoughts I will then be able to move forward in my walk, and not stalled in the same mess I am in for the rest of my life.

"These are the words that Moses spoke to all Israel beyond the Jordan in the wilderness, in the Arabah opposite Suph, between Paran and Tophel, Laban, Hazeroth, and Dizahab. It is eleven days' journey from Horeb by the way of Mount Seir to Kadesh-barnea.  In the fortieth year, on the first day of the eleventh month, Moses spoke to the people of Israel according to all that the Lord had given him in commandment to them,after he had defeated Sihon the king of the Amorites, who lived in Heshbon, and Og the king of Bashan, who lived in Ashtaroth and in Edrei.  Beyond the Jordan, in the land of Moab, Moses undertook to explain this law, saying,The Lord our God said to us in Horeb, ‘You have stayed long enough at this mountain.Turn and take your journey, and go to the hill country of the Amorites and to all their neighbours in the Arabah, in the hill country and in the lowland and in the Negeb and by the sea coast, the land of the Canaanites, and Lebanon, as far as the great river, the river Euphrates.  See, I have set the land before you. Go in and take possession of the land that the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give to them and to their offspring after them." Deuteronomy 1:1-8

HE is wanting me to know that just as in this scripture, what should have only been an eleven day journey, took forty years, HE is wanting me to know that I, Heather have too been on this mountain long enough.  HE is wanting me to be victorious over the strongholds in my life, and to seek freedom in HIM.  Therefore, I must choose to be "reprogrammed" so that I will be able to overcome, and be victorious in HIM.

I pray today that you will allow yourself to "reprogrammed" by HIM, so that you will be able to overcome the challenges in your life.  I pray that you will have the courage to seek HIM, surrender, to hear HIM call you, and heed HIS "whispers."  I pray for HIS blessings, and favor to be poured over your life, and your families generations to come because of your obedience.  I pray that today is the day that you choose to first think life, and then speak life.

Blessings,
Heather 

No comments:

Post a Comment