Wednesday, November 13, 2013

"distractions"

This past Sunday at church I heard the message about not letting what other's criticize you about, keep you from HIS calling for your life.  The speaker told about the importance of holding onto your calling with both hands, and not letting go.  When we got home from church, I retreated into our office, and began HIS Daily Teaching.  As I was reading, I felt myself becoming more and more scared, as to what I was reading about was pure evil, and how Satan gains a foothold into my life, and my body.  The more I read, the more I was determined, that this was not my calling.  The more I read, the more I begged GOD not to make this my calling.

I have spent the past three days mulling over and over what HIS Daily Teachings was about on Sunday.  I  didn't journal on Monday or  Tuesday, I did however talk to GOD.  I told HIM that I didn't want to deal with demons per say, but I did however want and desire to have HIS presence so present in my life, that all you have to do is look at me, and you will see the face of GOD.  All you would have to do is receive my touch, and it would be JESUS' healing touch.  My desire is to bring forth HIS healing, and HIS promise, HIS love, HIS grace, HIS mercy, and HIS forgiving to this fallen world. 

The more I prayed about those very things, the more I became distracted in my daily life.  This morning HE woke me up at 4:30am. to let me know that HE needed to talk to me, and that I needed to listen.  HIS Daily Teaching today is all about how my body is a temple.  HE is wanting me to know and understand the importance that I know that my body is a temple. 

HE began to stir in my heart that I needed to take better care of myself, by allowing me to realize that I sometimes quit breathing when I am sleeping.  In letting myself go, and allowing myself to put on 20 extra pounds, ( of stress, and large consumptions of iced coffee) I have defiled my temple.  In defiling my temple I have opened myself up to feelings that I wouldn't normally have.  HE is letting me know that this is all a part of Satan's plan to keep my life so full of "distractions" so that I won't have time for HIM, and I won't be able to do what HE is calling me to do.  

Today is day 10 of clean eating and I have lost a massive 16 lbs. just by cutting out all processed sugar's, salt, oils, and anything with animal protein.  I am amazed at how much better I am sleeping, and feeling these days. However it never fails that in the evenings I am dealing with HUGE migraines, (which I believe is caffeine with drawl.)  Last night was no different and I posted it on Facebook.  Before I knew it I had to many wonderful friends let me know that they were praying for me.  I went to bed headache free, and woke up feeling completely refreshed and renewed.

HE is teaching me that I am a three part trinity.  The first part is my spirit. I am learning that because I have been born again, my spirit has become HIS HOLY SPIRIT. The second part is my soul, which consists of my mind, will, and emotions.  HE is teaching me that the third part is my body, which is my flesh, of which can be seen, touched, and felt.

"Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?" 1 Corinthians 6:19

HE is wanting me to know that it is Satan's plan to destroy me.  It is his plan to devour me.  I am learning that the way I allow Satan to destroy me is to fall into the trap of his "distractions."  GOD is wanting me to be able to identify that I am being "distracted" by "thinking" that I should have whatever it is that I want to eat.  I have learned the "hard way" once again, that I can't just eat whatever I want, as my choices have consequences, and my consequence is a huge price that I have paid, and this is my health.  

"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour." 1 Peter 5:8

HE has revealed to me today that Satan's first plan of attack is to take out my health. Therefore, I know that I must choose to eat healthy, and clean, with an occasional craving being satisfied.  I must choose to say NO to Satan's lies, and temptations.  I must say YES to what HE says, as HE is the one who truly loves me and knows what is best for me.

HE has revealed Satan's second plan of attack as me watching T.V. ( as when my health deteriorates, I do nothing but lay around and watch a TON of trash t.v.)  HE is wanting me to know that when I watch t.v. shows that are anything less than GOD honoring, I am opening myself up to unclean thoughts, which can and sometimes do lead to unclean actions. Therefore, I must be intentional about what I watch.  HE is wanting me to know that just as I monitor what I let my own children watch, I must monitor what I let myself watch.

Satan's third plan of attack is how I dress.  I am raising three daughters with my husband D, and we have taught them right from the start about modesty.  Even before I was a Christian, I was a very modest person.  GOD is wanting met to know that just as I teach my daughters about modesty, I must be modest myself.  I must not fall into the trap of what the world deems as appropriate, and focus on what is GOD honoring.  I must not conform to this world, I must choose to bring HIS Kingdom of HEAVEN here to Earth.

Satan's final plan of attack, ( if all other distractions fail) is to keep my thoughts impure.  I am learning that in choosing to allow my thoughts to be impure, I am opening myself up to the invitation of the battlefield of my mind.  GOD is wanting me to know that HE doesn't want me getting caught up in the non-sense that is in the battlefield of my mind, therefore, I must rebuke the impure thoughts that are in my mind.  I must repent, and seek HIM to teach, lead, and guide me through every single step of my journey.

"Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things." Philippians 4:8

I am learning that it has been through these "distractions" that I have missed out on some great teachable moments with my HEAVENLY FATHER.  It saddens me that I have wasted time, therefore from this day forward I must be keenly aware that I am here on a mission.  The following lyrics were sang by a beautiful woman named Bethany on Sunday that really spoke to me, "You were made for life, you were made to shine!"  "So Baby Burn Bright!"  

"Burn Bright" by Natalie Grant

Lately I don't recognize you
The fire in your eyes is fading into embers
So while you're out there in the darkness
I'm praying you'll remember

You were made to shine
You were made for life
Even if you've lost your way
Turn and you will hear love say
You were made for more, so much more
Child of everlasting light
Made to blaze away the night


So baby, burn bright
Burn bright

You can rise up from the ashes
Make something beautiful of all the broken pieces
And I believe it, you'll come running into the arms of Jesus

You were made to shine
You were made for life
Even if you've lost your way
Turn and you will hear love say
You were made for more, so much more
Child of everlasting light
Made to blaze away the night
So baby, burn bright
Burn bright

There will always be somebody in the dark
Ready to rain down on your last spark
Trying to blow out your flame again
They will do it if you let them
So don't you let them

You were made to shine
You were made for life
Even if you've lost your way
Turn and you will hear love say
You were made for more, so much more
Child of everlasting light
Made to blaze away the night
So baby, burn bright
Burn bright

Burn bright
Burn bright

I believe it, you'll come running into the arms of Jesus


When I heard this song on Sunday, my eyes welled up with tears, and I felt a tug at my heart, for myself, and for people whom I love, who I see trapped.  People who don't know that they are trapped.  Trapped by the "distractions" that are keeping them from HIS calling for their lives.  I am learning that when I allow myself to be "trapped" by the "distractions" in my life, I am being kept from HIS calling for my life.  

I pray today that you will seek HIM and HE will reveal to you the "distractions" in your life.  I pray that you will choose HIS calling for your life.  I pray that you will hold onto your calling with both hands, and run with it.  I pray that no matter what the world tells you, and criticizes you about, you won't give in.  I pray that you will have the courage to "burn bright."

Blessings,
Heather 


No comments:

Post a Comment